The Escapist's Webby Wins

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Grats guys. This is the greatest games site in alllllllll the land.

Shamus Young:
/clap

/dance

Nice work, guys. You deserve it.

Wow coming from someone who has one of a few articles on this site that I rarely miss, that's real humility there Mr. Young. Sincere Kudos to you. The reason I don't post much in your article's threads is because you don't really leave much to be said. Quality stuff, really.

Congratulations Escapist! Well done! I don't always agree with everything on here but it certainly can truly be said that you are one of the best, and certainly one of the best moderated. You always at least let all voices (even mine) be heard and that is to be commended.

Daystar Clarion:

Onyx Oblivion:

Susan Arendt:

Relax, boss, I already took care of it.

Quick! Erase all posts referencing it!

What about the posts referencing the references!

And that's how the universe ended.

You guys deserve it for all the hard work. Whoo!

Congrats guys! Well-deserved. This is my favorite site for game-related-internets

Can everyone who voted for you get a badge or some other pointless token? It would be ever so nice :D

(yes I know there's no actual way for you to track that)

All three are well earned. :)

I hardly post since the captcha thing. My old accounts were very active, not anymore. That's what I think of the Escapist.

I only voted for a badge.... no I didn't.

This site is like home to me. I usually trust the review and the commentary on gaming and geekdom in general is second to none. The posters here are fantastic as well. I've yet to come across another site where you can read actual discussions about a games where it doesn't break down in to stupid fanboyism.

Lets hope we get four next year!

6 years? jeez. feels like a few months. I gotta say, in the time I've been here it has been the most consistently great online community I've seen.
So congrats to us I guess.
And a big thank you to those who contribute all their wit and wonder to this site.

Well deserved Escapist team! I voted because while you guys and gals are surely entertaining, I also believe wholeheartedly in the community and art of gaming that this place represents.

Woo :D Go us ^_^ Totally need a round of badges now though ;)

Congratulations on the well-deserved win!!!

What's this People's Voice BS? The webby's are saying, "Hey, we know that you all didn't vote for Martha Steward but fuck you. We don't give a shit and therefore are giving the real award to a group people didn't care enough to vote for more."

It's the "The ignorant masses voted incorrectly so we are giving you the plebian runner up award."

Well, guys, you deserve it.

This site is my home. My internet home, and you keep it in such good shape. For that you receive heartfelt congratulations from me, and I'm proud to have voted for you, for us and thus, the gaming lifestyle.

Eat up! =)

All me.

Just sayin'.

top notch guys. Here's to more people recognizing games as a legitimate medium, standing on its own two, and not being just for kids. It is it's own medium, with all the strengths, weaknesses, dramas, insight, influences, creativity, prejudice, beauty and ugliness that all the others do.

Congratulations, you all earned it!

Perhaps doing too good a job?

I think there are times I spend too much time on here. =P

Congratulations, Escapist! Hooray for voting!

Congrats goes to everyone who has voted and the guys at the Escapist for doing what they do best. As Yahtzee quoted once, "Praise and internet pussy aplenty." Awesome job well done.

Not feeling very original now, so a mere "Congratulations" to the Escapist.

Raiyan 1.0:

Ham_authority95:

By the way Russ, you spelled "The Escapist" wrong in the final paragraph.

Russ Pitts:

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Susan Arendt:

Onyx Oblivion:

Because of that, the Webby is being taken away!

Ham_authority95:

NOOO!! We'll lose our reputation of being grammar-nazis! QUICKLY, BAN EVERYONE WHO DOESN'T USE THE PROPER "THERE"!!!.

Onyx Oblivion:

Daystar Clarion:

Onyx Oblivion:

THOSE TOO! EVEN THIS ONE!

Psycho Cat Industries:
And the Vise Versa!

CrazyCapnMorgan:

CINDER BLOCK is Ready!

Don't worry guys! Not only am I going to making sure these posts are destroyed by burning down Escapists' servers, I'll personally come to all yer houses and disembowel you, and then perform hara-kiri myself! No evidence or witness should be left behind!

I'll save this celebration by killin' y'all!

For future reference, this is the point at which it got weird. FYI.

/Fingergun

Yay! Grats.

Congratulations you guys! Thank you so much for all the work all the Escapist employees continue to do that netted these awards. You all deserve them! Continue with the great work (b^_^(b

3/4? Awesome! GO ESCAPIST! XD

This deserves a super awesome brofist of awesome. And more awesome.

Awesome

Russ Pitts:

Raiyan 1.0:

Ham_authority95:

Russ Pitts:

Susan Arendt:

Onyx Oblivion:

Because of that, the Webby is being taken away!

Ham_authority95:

NOOO!! We'll lose our reputation of being grammar-nazis! QUICKLY, BAN EVERYONE WHO DOESN'T USE THE PROPER "THERE"!!!.

Onyx Oblivion:

Daystar Clarion:

Onyx Oblivion:

THOSE TOO! EVEN THIS ONE!

Psycho Cat Industries:
And the Vise Versa!

CrazyCapnMorgan:

CINDER BLOCK is Ready!

Don't worry guys! Not only am I going to making sure these posts are destroyed by burning down Escapists' servers, I'll personally come to all yer houses and disembowel you, and then perform hara-kiri myself! No evidence or witness should be left behind!

I'll save this celebration by killin' y'all!

For future reference, this is the point at which it got weird. FYI.

/Fingergun

"Weird" is the understatement of the century...

OT: Great job on all three awards, especially the lifestyles one. Take that, Martha!! XD

Congratulations ! The award concerning life style is a true win for all of us.

Susan Arendt:

Russ Pitts:

Ham_authority95:

Behind every great man...

Congratulations, Escapist crew! It was an honor to vote for you, and I'm so glad your hard work paid off.

Here's to another great year that's totally worth the cost of zero adds!

Eclectic Dreck:
The Joystiq podcast was stunned that they were losing to you guys. The threatened to quit the show if they couldn't win.

lol thats funny shit. who the hell is the joystiq podcast? If they're so big why haven't i found a link to them or something

excellent! I always knew this site had something in it. I'm here almost every day, and its cause the people who make this magazine care so much about videogames and the gamers who love them too.

I am a fairly new member, but I have been visiting this site for years now. This is probably my #1 sight on the internet. I really enjoy the videos, articles, and threads. I voted for you guys (after a lot of fumbling around in the sight....not very internet savvy) because I felt what you do and what you represent is important and I am proud to add my small, seemingly unimportant voice to the ever growing community.

Congratulations on a job well done, guys (and gals), you earned it. Just keep up the good work and I can say with certainty there will be more awards in the future.

Tulks:
This calls for a celebratory badge...

I second this motion!
Drinks all round!

On another note, looks like the Joystiq podcast will be having their last episode D:

Imma let you finish, Russ, but IGN has the best gaming-related website of ALL-TIME!

Alright, now that we got that out of the way, congrats, guys. You have clearly worked really hard this year, so you deserve it.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here