Miracle of Sound: Wheatley's Song (Portal 2)

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Wheatley's Song (Portal 2)

Don't call him a moron, he's super-astute. He's Wheatley, the chipper, English A.I. from Portal 2, and this is his song.

Watch Video

Love the song, and the accent, doesn't sound too bad!

If he was still alive...

This would have been Bin Laden's favorite MoS song, for sure.

Good job. Terrible accent, though. But it didn't detract from the song too much.

Love it, great work as always

This one is my absolute favorite so far. Just so dang catchy and adorable!

That may have been the most hilarious spoiler warning I have ever seen. Great job on the song.

Nice. Though maybe i just have bad hearing, but i didn't really hear an accent.
also, SPACE! Gotta go there.
I think I enjoyed the past few songs you've made more, but this is still pretty neat and good!

This would have been a better end song than "Want you Gone"!

I'd like to see a potato write a song like that!

I think I had a conversation with you about making a portal song...

If that's the case: Called it! Cookie for me!

If not this comment was pointless >.<

I'm gonna miss Wheatley.

The accent was alright, better then some others I've heard...
Now to improve it I shall now beat you with a Corgi. It is the only way.

That spoiler warning had a Wheatley feeling to it. X3

A damn good song, Miracle. Liked it a lot. ^^

Great song, and thanks for not trying to do a West Country accent.

That would have been bloody painful done badly :)

Also spoilers, yeah, but I've finished Portal 2, so no problem.

Awesome! The only complaint I have is that this is going to be stuck in my head for several days, why must it be so catchy!?

Well, I had already heard the preview,but was nice to watch the video as well. Also, the spoiler was really good, very Wheatley.
I liked the song, the accent was a little iffy, but still quite good. Probably my favourite of yours (that's not saying much given how few there are, but still). That could be cuz I'm a huge Portal fanboy though.
It's only right that Wheatley gets his own song, GLaDOS already has 2. You're not as good as Jonathan Coulton yet though, but I still really liked the song.

"This test chamber is so simple i made it just for you"
You finished it so quickly? Impressive, time for round 2"

Nice nod to GabeN there.

Nice work.

I must say, that last song grabbed me within the first 0.1 seconds, while this one didn't even start until 45 seconds in. That said, I loved it. It was good on its own merits, plus it brought up some good memories.

I LOVE YOU MIRACLE!
So much...
I think I shall put this on repeat some how.

Lyrics = Awesome (In the real sense of the word. I am in Awe)
Music = Catchy and Fun.
Wheatley = Adorable.
Singing = Pretty sooting.

Overall, one of my favorite songs.. Just, in general.

Y'know... for an AI programmed to be a complete idiot, Wheatley was really smart. I mean, you don't get many final bosses in sequels who actually go over your tactics that killed the last big bad and build countermeasures to those tactics.

Still not the fallout song. Pity

Meh, song did not engage me as much as previous videos.

Jesus Miracle, THANK YOU for the spoiler warning. I'll check out the song and rave about it after I've played the game.

Good one Miracle, I actually liked this, even tho I loath Wheatly... my only criticism is the over use of the line 'My IQ's the infinite space from here to the moon'. That seemed a bit repetitive.

Onyx Oblivion:

Good job. Terrible accent, though. But it didn't detract from the song too much.

I'm sorry you didn't dig the accent.

I did 2 versions - one with my own accent, and it just lost a lot of the humour and vibe of the song without the British-ness. So I asked around a few people who all loved the accent, so I kept it this way.

A Curious Fellow:
Jesus Miracle, THANK YOU for the spoiler warning. I'll check out the song and rave about it after I've played the game.

There are no spoilers in the song, only the video.

If Wheatley's IQ is... well, you know... then GLaDOS's IQ is the space from here to the SUN.

Nice! Shame it has to be compared to Portal 2's soundtrack...that's not a position I'd like to be in.

Xman490:
If Wheatley's IQ is... well, you know... then GLaDOS's IQ is the space from here to the SUN.

The joke is that the space from here to the moon is in fact, not infinite... in otherwords, Wheatley is mistaken about his own IQ.

You continue to impress Miracle. How do you get these done inside a week?

What accent?
If we're talking a British one, it was done pretty well, I'm British and couldn't tell if it was put on, only noticed 'cos people have said on here that there was some accent or other. Ta for not attempting the Merchant's accent though, I also happen to be from the West Country and... a bad version of our accent is more painful than the normal version.

Miracle you fool! If you keep creating epic music then your fans are gonna cause a riot if you ever stop! xD

Loved the accent by the way.

MiracleOfSound:

Onyx Oblivion:

I'm sorry you didn't dig the accent.

I did 2 versions - one with my own accent, and it just lost a lot of the humour and vibe of the song without the British-ness. So I asked around a few people who all loved the accent, so I kept it this way.

Actually I thought you nailed that West Country accent pretty much, certainly in the chorus at any rate. It wasn't quite so noticable during the main verses, but then again I've noticed that accents don't usually translate all that well when people sing anyway. Great job, really enjoyed this one!

Sooo, you really like doing happy songs, don't you?

And this one sounds really familiar. The lyrics, still, are totally great.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here