Miracle of Sound: Wheatley's Song (Portal 2)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

So Gavin, how does it feel to be the envy of every gamer/musician on earth?

Good tunes as always, man.

Nice song, though not as good as "Fire in your hole". Gotta say, you have my inner astronomer crying out at the mention of "infinite space" between the earth and the moon. (The moon is quite close by actually.)

Wieke:
Nice song, though not as good as "Fire in your hole". Gotta say, you have my inner astronomer crying out at the mention of "infinite space" between the earth and the moon. (The moon is quite close by actually.)

Yes, that's the joke - it's actually not an infinite space from here to the moon.

It's to imply that Wheatley is not as clever as he thinks he is.

awesome song;
however, the singing turrets could have been synced to the song better.

So long mate! Thanks for the good times!

My first thought
Doing a funny song about Portal? Wow, you're brave, knowing the comparisons that might be drawn to those songs.

Second thought (after watching the video)
That was actually really good. Funny and catchy. And speaking as a brit, I thought the accent was good.

Sooo... will this be your audition tape to Valve when they're looking for a song for Portal 3?

Well done sir. Didn't quite care for the bulletstorm song. All the rest were fantastic.

Also I loved the 30 seconds of "OMG SPOILERS DON'T WATCH THIS" is it bad that I read them in wheatly's voice?

I'm kinda conflicted about this one:

the lines:
"So don't call me a moron
I'm super astute"
make a great, warm, creamy feeling well up inside me ^^

but then along comes
"My IQ's the infinite space from here to the moon"
and Oh dear, the cream has turned to cheese, and not the good kind of cheese; the kind of cheese my fridge makes when I leave cream in it for too long.

Otherwise GJ
I love how you tailor the style of every song to the game - heroic for DA, joyful for MC, etc. And you've done just as good a job with this one :)

This was awesome. One of the best you've done yet.

Loved it. The little references made it a nice treat, and even if you didn't play the game, it's still a good song to listen to. I think that's one of the best parts of your songs: even if you didn't play them, it's still a good song, but it's made even better when you actually have.

I loved this! Wheatly is the best!

The chorus really reminds me of something, though I can't put my finger on it. I'll think of it eventually.

JourneyThroughHell:
Sooo, you really like doing happy songs, don't you?

And this one sounds really familiar. The lyrics, still, are totally great.

Hey! What happened to the Miami Vice avatar?

It's one of the greatest Portal remixes I've ever heard. It's wonderfully entertaining to listen to.

Technocrat:
This would have been a better end song than "Want you Gone"!

As good of a song as this was...no.

I still preferred Commander Shepard and Minecraft.

Sorry...

I frickin' love this section. :D Please don't let this go the way of ENN or (hopefully) Jimquisition.

Awesome stuff. Loved the song and the spoiler warning was funny as hell.

meganmeave:

JourneyThroughHell:

I (and, subsequently, my avatar) have fallen victim to the L.A. Noire fever.

Ha! That was fun. ^^

Thanks for the hilarious spoiler warning; I'll check out the video once I've played the game... in a few months or so. I'm not much of a co-op guy, so despite good reviews I don't think I want to pay full price for Portal 2, I'll wait until it's down to 30 bucks.

My rambling aside, this is yet another very good song. Seriously, every new track makes me yearn more for that inevitable CD.

Enjoyable. Still I haven't enjoyed anything you've done for Escapist as much as your Youtube work. Particularly "I Suck at Call of Duty" and "Gordon Freeman Saved my life."

Susan Arendt:
This one is my absolute favorite so far. Just so dang catchy and adorable!

I'm with Susan on this one. My favourite for all this time has been Gordon Freeman, but this is just brilliant.
I tip my hat to you good sir, and please keep up the good work. You are an amazing fellow. Might I suggest doing a Mount & Blade song? If only because I'll be playing it for the next two weeks or so.

MiracleOfSound:

A Curious Fellow:
Jesus Miracle, THANK YOU for the spoiler warning. I'll check out the song and rave about it after I've played the game.

There are no spoilers in the song, only the video.

First, I thought the accent was pretty good, but I probably don't know what I'm talking about... Sorry.
Second, that spoiler warning made me laugh so much, thank you for that.

I really liked that!

Anyone else get a Dave Greenslade vibe from it? or is it just me?

Susan Arendt:
This one is my absolute favorite so far. Just so dang catchy and adorable!

Agree with Susan! Fantastic, catchy, and funny - Another hit! :D

Also, I think you nailed the accent, and it only added much awesome to an already awesome song!

After that music I am pretty sure that Miracle is actually a evil AI, that controls us through that so called "Fallout Song"...

Good song though.

Great song,another hit! :)

Lambi:
That spoiler warning had a Wheatley feeling to it. X3

A damn good song, Miracle. Liked it a lot. ^^

'Wheatley' feeling to it? That's actually my last name! That's pretty ironic that you mentioned the feeling since I love this song and you've spoken of my last name Haha. MiracleOfSound is a pro at making original songs that are catchy, motivating, and overall makes you want the game so badly.. so now I need to save up and buy Portal II

Onyx Oblivion:
If he was still alive...

This would have been Bin Laden's favorite MoS song, for sure.

Good job. Terrible accent, though. But it didn't detract from the song too much.

I thought he sounded like the singer from Madness (at least the way he sounded for the song "Michael Caine"). The whole song kind of sounded Madnessy.
From me that's a complement... I love Madness.
Also, I think Bin Laden's favorite MoS song would be "I Suck at Call of Duty."

Wheatly was funny but I think I liked Cave Johnson more. I mean, he says what we're all thinking.

Pretty good, but the last line of the chorus is just...weird. "My IQ's the infinite space from here to the moon"? What the hell does that even mean?

'my Iqs the infinite space from here to the moon'

hmm, that means about 8,000+, not counting the millions of angles and day of time where 'here' is supposed to be. that's an IQ of over 9,000 mind you.

You could say this song was a.......
MIRACLE OF SOUND
YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH-no.

Frozen Donkey Wheel2:
Pretty good, but the last line of the chorus is just...weird. "My IQ's the infinite space from here to the moon"? What the hell does that even mean?

May I refer you to post 38 on this thread.

Diablo2000:
After that music I am pretty sure that Miracle is actually a evil AI, that controls us through that so called "Fallout Song"...

Good song though.

Why don't you have a look through this door here.... the one labelled 'Emergency MiracleOfSound Shutdown and Fallout Song Dispensary'... go on.... open it.... (rubs robotic hands together)

With every song, always something new. You never fail to rock, Miracle.

JourneyThroughHell:

meganmeave:

JourneyThroughHell:

I (and, subsequently, my avatar) have fallen victim to the L.A. Noire fever.

Ah. I should have figured. Well, it's better than one of those ponies.

MiracleOfSound:

Diablo2000:

Good song though.

Why don't you have a look through this door here.... the one labelled 'Emergency MiracleOfSound Shutdown and Fallout Song Dispensary'... go on.... open it.... (rubs robotic hands together)

Oh... That? I think there's a trap in there... But if the Fallout Song in really in there then it is worth it...

Wait... What's that? What are you doing?... Is that a brainwashing machine? No, No!

There's no trap in the "Emergency MiracleofSound Shutdown and Fallout Song Dispensary", no Brainwashing machine and Miracle is not a evil AI... In fact there is the Fallout Song in there... and Cake!

XxRyanxX:

Lambi:
That spoiler warning had a Wheatley feeling to it. X3

A damn good song, Miracle. Liked it a lot. ^^

'Wheatley' feeling to it? That's actually my last name! That's pretty ironic that you mentioned the feeling since I love this song and you've spoken of my last name Haha. MiracleOfSound is a pro at making original songs that are catchy, motivating, and overall makes you want the game so badly.. so now I need to save up and buy Portal II

According to your profile your last name is Matthew, not Wheatley.

Explain.

Fan Club Here!

*ahem*

Sorry about that but I'm under obligation to plug the group XD

Loved this song MOS, the lyrics are catchy!

Now I need to get Portal 2...

Amazing MoS :)!
Seriously, keep it up!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook