Miracle of Sound: Wheatley's Song (Portal 2)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

I'd like to give a shout out to Wheatley and agree that there is, indeed, an infinite space from here to the moon.

For example, if you went exactly 1/2 the distance from your house to the moon, stopped, then traveled exactly 1/2 the remaining distance, stopped, and repeated, you would never actually reach the moon. If the difference between 1.1 inches and 1.2 inches constitutes a space, then there are an infinite number of those spaces between any amount of distance.

That theoretical mathematics aside, awesome song. It wasn't until the comments section that I realized it wasn't actually Stephen Merchant singing the song, so good job on that.

I only recently discovered MoS, but I'm loving it so far, and this video certainly didn't disappoint!

I only needed to watch the spoilerwarning and you saying 'ellew! And you had me in shambles laughing. I really want to play that game now, but I don't want to shell out 60 euros. hmm...

Well, I've got a lot to say about this video, most of it good. MoS did a great job with their video, a better job with their song, and also their Monty Python style spoiler warning(at least nobody got sacked over it).

Now, on the escapist side, this video was a pain to load. I couldn't get it to load at all in Flash HD, it loaded about a quarter of the song in HTML 5 HD. I finally loaded it in SD for flash five to watch it.

This song is just great! I want it on my MP3!

to be honest wheatley was about 90% of the reason why i got the game
i loved him so much in the trailers
after playing it i didn't like him so much anymore
i don't like stupid things ;(

MiracleOfSound:

Onyx Oblivion:

Good job. Terrible accent, though. But it didn't detract from the song too much.

I'm sorry you didn't dig the accent.

I did 2 versions - one with my own accent, and it just lost a lot of the humour and vibe of the song without the British-ness. So I asked around a few people who all loved the accent, so I kept it this way.

The accent in itself wasn't terrible - it wasn't much of an imitation, but it certainly added to the song!

Liked this tune a lot, very catchy and cute :3 Loving your tunes :D

Xman490:
If Wheatley's IQ is... well, you know... then GLaDOS's IQ is the space from here to the SUN.

weatlys IQ is the "infinite" space from here to the moon.
since the space from here to the moon is very much finite, hes IQ is actually 0.

I love this one. I've got this sucker on repeat. Too bad the frickin spoiler warning in front gives me 30 seconds of silence each time it cycles.

Loved the stack of spoiler warnings at the start.
Exactly my kind of humour! :D

I think this is in danger of tipping Commander Shepard as my favourite of your songs- this was fantastically catchy, clever and downright awesome.

If I didn't know you were Irish I would have believed you to be a real Brit with your accent change here- really hard to do while singing, too.

Loved it!

This was really good! Loved it. One day we will find Merchant and get him to sing a verse. ;)

The spoiler warning was a bit too long..

I liked the part when he said "Hello!" at the start. Just something about it's so funny.

PS: Wheatley's accent made me lol a few good times. XD

Susan Arendt:
This one is my absolute favorite so far. Just so dang catchy and adorable!

Definitely the best so far, although the Minecraft one was close.

My only problem is that the chorus line "My IQ is the infinite space from here to the moon" makes no sense, but nobody else seems to notice so it must be that I'm misinterpreting it. Is the joke that Weatley doesn't know how IQ works?

Wait.....why does everyone congratulate only Miracle of Sound when the music and lyrics were written by Gavin Dunne?

I mean, I like his singing as much as the next guy, but isn't the real artist the guy who wrote the thing?

(wait, never mind, MoS wrote the Minecraft one and some of the other by himself, so him and Gavin Dunne are both awesome)

Awww... what a great song! Very catchy and a lovely embodiment of an AI's personality.

This might just be my favourite MoS song so far.

"My IQ's the infinate space from here to the moon."

Love it!

(Also fantasticly funny spoiler warning at the start. Loved it).

(P.S. great accent! It wasn't too strong but it wasn't too soft and it added a nice little something it the song.)

danpascooch:

My only problem is that the chorus line "My IQ is the infinite space from here to the moon" makes no sense, but nobody else seems to notice so it must be that I'm misinterpreting it. Is the joke that Weatley doesn't know how IQ works?

Yep, that's the point. Wheatley thinks he is super-smart but he's not, as evidenced by calling a finite space 'infinite'.

danpascooch:
Wait.....why does everyone congratulate only Miracle of Sound when the music and lyrics were written by Gavin Dunne?

I mean, I like his singing as much as the next guy, but isn't the real artist the guy who wrote the thing?

(wait, never mind, MoS wrote the Minecraft one and some of the other by himself, so him and Gavin Dunne are both awesome)

They are, in fact, both the same person.

This is so much better than Portal 2 ending song *sigh* Valve really dropped the ball with that one, though I suppose that after one has written Still Alive, it's all downhill from there.

Onyx Oblivion:
Good job. Terrible accent, though. But it didn't detract from the song too much.

I thought the accent was actually pretty good. Hell, he actually sounded like a real Englishman.

Sparrow:

Onyx Oblivion:

I thought the accent was actually pretty good. Hell, he actually sounded like a real Englishman.

All the positive feedback on the accent has been from British people - in my eyes that's a good thing!

MiracleOfSound:

Sparrow:

Onyx Oblivion:

All the positive feedback on the accent has been from British people - in my eyes that's a good thing!

Credit due where it's deserved! I suppose everyone else is just upset that you didn't put on your best Prince Charles accent.

ah... this calmed me down just about enough. MoS tends to have that effect on me. great job

I love how it starts with a cheery " 'Ello!"

Amazing song. It gets me DAMNCIN'!

Can't...stop...listening...
I'm obsessed with this song right now. Thanks for that -_-

EDIT: Fostered balloon? That's gonna drive me nuts.

This is catchy. The accent was quite good, it actually sounded just like a slightly lower version of Whitley's.

Loved it, good job :D

I really want all these songs in an album, a la Brentalfloss. Wouldn't that be awesome :P

snappydog:
What accent?
If we're talking a British one, it was done pretty well, I'm British and couldn't tell if it was put on, only noticed 'cos people have said on here that there was some accent or other. Ta for not attempting the Merchant's accent though, I also happen to be from the West Country and... a bad version of our accent is more painful than the normal version.

Apparently, I can do a good West Country accent; coming from London, that's not bad. But you're right about getting it wrong; most of my friends who try one end up sounding like bloody pirates!

Very catchy song, I can see it'll be lodged in my head for a while. And it's nice to see some Wheatley love, he's my favourite in Portal 2.

restoshammyman:

Xman490:
If Wheatley's IQ is... well, you know... then GLaDOS's IQ is the space from here to the SUN.

weatlys IQ is the "infinite" space from here to the moon.
since the space from here to the moon is very much finite, hes IQ is actually 0.

Limited does not equal none or non-existent so it would not be 0, possibly 0 point something but not nothing, now the real question is in what measurement is he speaking of? Is he saying his IQ is as high as the distance between the Moon and the Earth in Meters, Kilometers, Miles, Inches or what other measurement?

damn that's addictive! Nice one!

This song had some really catchy parts. I had it on repeat while I wrote my final philosophy essay of the semester, as background noise. The sentiment may have been particularly appropriate, eh?

Regardless, great song. Showed it to many of my non-escapist friends, who also enjoyed it. Keep up the good work!

Thats probably how wheatly would sing it too. Nice job!!

Having finished Portal 2's single player campaign, I found myself thinking "Wheatley, you liar", the whole time I was listening to this.

Oh, it's catchy, but I still think "Mining All Day Long" is catchier.

Suits Wheatley's character a lot. Now i want to hear his voice actor do a cover XD

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here