Trailers: The Darkness II Announcement Trailer

The Darkness II Announcement Trailer

Jackie has been trying to contain The Darkness since the events of the first game, but they want out.

Watch Video

''Like an ugly bag of snakes''

Guess Samuel Jackson is not the only one tired of these mother fucking snakes!!

so they didn't get kirk avecado for this one?
i really liked his voice

The date said '10.4.2011' and I thought "why are they announcing it nearly a month after it came out?"

But I'm British and they are not!

I don't know what's more disappointing... the empty, not showing anything, teaser (not trailer) or the lack of Mike Patton.

teebeeohh:
so they didn't get kirk avecado for the this one?
i really liked his voice

First thing I thought too. Why would they change voice actors?

I'm so tired of Nolan North voicing anyone but Drake.

A dark birthday present :)

Too bad it's not on the weekend :(

-Drifter-:

teebeeohh:
i really liked his voice

Thats what I'm wondering as well. Just didn't sound like Jackie...

(Does little celebratory dance)

And hopefully Jackie will actually move his mouth more than a poorly coded Oblivion NPC.

Petty complaints for the win!

Oh my. How teasish.

Never played the first one. Heard about it though.

So how many times are we going to die in the opening cutscene this time?

As an avid fan of the first I'm really looking forward to this one. Though way to spoil the plot twist of the last game guys.

GNALKSNKLERWBS Not enough. I despise teasers. Oh well; definitely looking forward to it from what I could glean from the previews I saw in magazines a while back! :D

Oh, thank Christ. From what I had read of this game beforehand, I was afraid that it was not going to start where the first left off (in spite of being called The Darkness II).

Well, after Yahtzee's review of the original 'Darkness' (his very FIRST review), I'm sure us braying fans are going to nag him to death to review this one to bring his career full circle, like what he hinted of in his Fable II review.

Am I the only one who read eternal darkness 2 and was disappointed? :(

this reminds me of the dexter series. books not the television show. show is great, but different, and the "darkness" is much like the "dark passenger" Dexter has. just an observation

I love the way companies finally stopped using generic text fonts for their titles. (ie, repeated letters where identical)

Dendio:
Am I the only one who...

Nope, probably not.

Sober Thal:
I don't know what's more disappointing... the empty, not showing anything, teaser (not trailer) or the lack of Mike Patton.

Mike Patton announced on his Twitter he's still playing the Darkness itself, so no need to worry.

OT; I died. I love the comics and Liked the game. A fangirl's needs have been met.

A sequel? I didn't know that the first game did well enough to get a sequel made.

Sarah Kerrigan:
I died. I love the comics and Liked the game. A fangirl's needs have been met.

Jeez, you really do have a thing for this Jackie guy huh?

At least Jackie doesn't look like morticia adams in this one. That really killed immersion for me in the first one.

thenumberthirteen:
As an avid fan of the first I'm really looking forward to this one. Though way to spoil the plot twist of the last game guys.

To be fair, anyone who has read/skimmed the comics or critically looked at the history of dark hero stories wouldn't be surprised. The love interest of the dark and tragic (anti) hero has a considerably shortened lifespan in today's media via the tired and beaten "Lost Lenore" trope.

I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry at the ham-fisted script for the teaser trailer. Was "I keep it inside me like some ugly bag of snakes" supposed to be a simile or was it just being ironic?

Hopefully limiting the number of darklings present will allow them to have more characterization, as that's something that I really loved about them in the comics. They had a great darkly comedic repartee and were a counterpoint to Jackie's brooding "Woe is Me" monologues and acted as his tutors for using the Darkness itself.

Here's hoping, I need 2K to deliver at least one of my favored licenses in an enjoyable and faithful release. Freaking Xcom...

OMG YES!

THIS TOTALLY MAKES UP FOR THE SHITTY STAR WARS DAY!

That video made me not want to play it. Since it seems nothing happens in the second game aside from some whiny sounding dickhole crying that he lost his girlfriend online on WoW. This guy has nothing on Kirk. His voice was perfect, as was every other voice in the first game.

Of course, I'm looking forward to this game more than a cripple looks forward to having his legs back when his conscious is moved into a giant mech similar to something out of a Japanese anime.

I kinda miss the original voice actor for Jackie. He had this way with his words that... well, it was Jackie alright. He had a sense of timing that really emphasized his mobster background. Everything in the first game was amazing down to the tiniest detail that is the slight accent of Jackies voice actor.

This new voice? Who is it? It seems to lack the same gravitas as the original.

Grrrr not much revealed...and I don't like the new voice. Fuccccck, the Darkness was one of my favorite games...

At least Mike Patton is still in it!

good to know, i realy liked the fist one as well and i liked Unskippable commenting on the opining cut seen.

i only hope the second will be as great as the first one, and with a WTF moment like " that was the first time i died"

I enjoyed the first one a lot, but I'm not sure whether I want this. It's the ModWar problem again. I want another game like it, but I don't want it to wear out it's welcome. Why not play as another member of Jackies family that inherits the Darkness? Whatever. Will probably get this anyway

I'm interested, but I'm also scared. I mean the darkness is a epic series in the making, except that they gave it to the guys who killed Xcom.

AssassinJoe:
A sequel? I didn't know that the first game did well enough to get a sequel made.

Sarah Kerrigan:
I died. I love the comics and Liked the game. A fangirl's needs have been met.

Jeez, you really do have a thing for this Jackie guy huh?

A tiny bit yes...<3 xD

Not feeling it yet. Let's see what the future brings.

Irridium:

-Drifter-:

teebeeohh:
i really liked his voice

Thats what I'm wondering as well. Just didn't sound like Jackie...

A little bit to... animated for a guy who was already a depressive contract killer for his abusive uncle before a demonic monstrosity came along and made him watch said uncle cap his girlfriend in the skull.

Hmm, I really liked the first game, if it's not coming out for pc (didn't bother to check :P) I'll just have to dust off the old 360 and give it a go.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here