Critical Miss: Mass Effect 3

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Mass Effect 3

Schrodinger's subquest.

Read Full Article

I see what you did there. For sixteen hours.

With this I could leave the game, make myself a sandwich and come back in time to start a new one.

All the while avoiding carpal tunnel! I approve!

She's staring into our soul~

Ye, I don't mind you having to gather resources to upgrade ship and equipment, but there must be something better to do then literally harvesting entire galaxies to upgrade Garrus' Calibration Cannon, (yes I did write the same thing in the ME3 meaningless stats thread w/e) ;)

Shepard needs the Repears, Shepard harvests the galaxies for elemtents that people need and Repears harvest them for people, they fulfill each other :3

That would be pretty amusing, collect minerals and upgrades by watering a plant.

The_root_of_all_evil:

The problem with Mass Effect 2 is rooted in boredom

Eh, i just edited my saves and added 555555 of each mineral, i didn`t think that they could manage to make something even worse than mako, but planet scanning proved me wrong.

L3m0n_L1m3:
That would be pretty amusing, collect minerals and upgrades by watering a plant.

FarmEffect

HankMan:

The_root_of_all_evil:

The problem with Mass Effect 2 is rooted in boredom

Please pardon my intrusion, sir, but you seem to have forgotten to put your sunglasses on.

So it's like the Zen Garden minigame in Plants vs. Zombies? I approve!

EDIT: Whoops, wrong thread. Sorry. God only knows how I managed that.

Wait, we've actually done this before. In Starcraft 2 you watch weird stuff grow waiting for upgrades.

So I guess you could say...

...they should take a leaf out of your book.

Did i stray into an alternate reality where the Mako wasn't the biggest most pointless thing you did in the Mass Effect universe?

I have to question why no one in the entire universe of Mass Effect 2 raised any questions about Shepard being able to probe planets to death...

May be it was....
"I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favourite Sirius mining coporation on the Citadel."

Sparrow:

Ugh. Beyond be-leaf.

LadyRhian:

Sparrow:

Ugh. Beyond be-leaf.

At least they twigged it though, that must have been a tree-t.

The_root_of_all_evil:

LadyRhian:

Sparrow:

Ugh. Beyond be-leaf.

Yeah, atleast they're branching out.

manythings:
Did i stray into an alternate reality where the Mako wasn't the biggest most pointless thing you did in the Mass Effect universe?

Excuuuse me, sir. The Mako had GUNS!

Venereus:

manythings:

Excuuuse me, sir. The Mako had GUNS!

Extremely lack-lustre ones.

Sparrow:

The_root_of_all_evil:

LadyRhian:

Ugh. Beyond be-leaf.

So you're hedging your bets?

A spoiler alert would have been nice, I just got Mass Effect 2 last night. Geezzzzzeeeessss!

Mr. Grey:
With this I could leave the game, make myself a sandwich and come back in time to start a new one.

Maybe have a live video feed focusing on the camera, and you stare at it from your room or something?

:P

*swish*

The_root_of_all_evil:

Sparrow:

The_root_of_all_evil:

Of course! I'm really root-ing for BioWare.

Is that a giant space hamster on her head ?

:( What ever happened to killing your enemys, and robbing their corpses?

Sparrow:

The_root_of_all_evil:

Sparrow:

At least they lichen to their player base. Although with EA involve we may just have to weed 'em and reap.

The_root_of_all_evil:

Sparrow:

The_root_of_all_evil:

At least they lichen to their player base. Although with EA involve we may just have to weed 'em and reap.

*Shoots The_root_of_all_evil and Sparrow*

No more puns. We're nipping this one in the bud...

Wait! Dammit!

*Shoots self*

While this would be stupid, it still beats probing for resources. At least you can go do something else while you charge up time(hell, you could leave your computer running while you sleep, and wake up to a quadrillion points.

The_root_of_all_evil:

Sparrow:

The_root_of_all_evil:

Yeah, I guess you could say EA's part in the game is... fruitless.

I'm a terrible person for making that pun.

Mr. Grey:

quick time events... 'nough said...

Sparrow:

The_root_of_all_evil:

LadyRhian:

Ugh. Beyond be-leaf.

The new mechanic might be fruitful, but maybe they should consider going back to roots. Either way they'll have to reap what they sow, but you can be sure they'll always be gard'n their decision on what de-mow-tivational mechanic they choose to implement.

I think we should start to grow up now...

EDIT: you people are so much faster than me. You shoot these so rapidly...

Mr. Grey:

Turns out the jokes on you, the game isn't a concious observer so YOU yourself have to watch the screen for to colapse the waveforms. See, the Kenetic can be incorporated into real games.

Hmmm, well to be honest I've always wondering how a lot of people who complain about scanning for minerals and the like would react to playing a flat out space sim, where trading, mining, and other things are major aspects of the game.

I do admit that the side activities need some work, but ultimatly having something to do besides combat and firefights does add depth to the game.

My concern at this point is less that they will find something more boring, than that they will just decide "oh frakk it" and take a suggestion from someone like Yahtzee and simply have the needed materials drop off of enemies or be in dungeons or whatever.

Also, to be fair, to do this "right" and make you earn your minerals, you'd have to do something like focus some crosshairs (that drift) on the planet to simulating staring and keeping Shepard's line of sight focused on the planet, specifically so someone couldn't just run the mini-game while they head to bed or something.

An endurance test is a viable way of earning a payoff in a game, but you have to set it up so the person has to actually endure.

Sparrow:

The_root_of_all_evil:

Sparrow:

Yeah, I guess you could say EA's part in the game is... fruitless.

I'm a terrible person for making that pun.

God, I canīt believe I actually laughed at this.
I feel like such a sap.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or