Critical Miss: Mass Effect 3

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

I found collecting minerals (especially Element Zero) to be strangely satisfying. I quickly got bored though, of course.

I thought EDI's reaction from when you probed Uranus was pretty funny.

kasperbbs:
Eh, i just edited my saves and added 555555 of each mineral, i didn`t think that they could manage to make something even worse than mako, but planet scanning proved me wrong.

If EVE Online taught me anything, it's that humans are masochists at heart.

Yeah... with any luck bioware will get the hint about the grindyness this time round...

Garrus would help you grow more of them, but he's busy with some calibrations.

Newly leeked information just in!

The XBox version of Mass effect will require Kinect to be running in order to verify your observation, blinking will be penalized!

The PS3 version (whenever it comes out) will require the Playstation Eye to be running in order to verify eyes; pictures and animals will work as substitutes.

The PC version will require a webcam to be running in order to verify eyes; pictures and animals will work as substitutes. But we all know other more convenient ways to bypass it anyway.

The realistic version of this would be: Go get X and kill lots of random dudes on the way. Repeat.

LeeshaJoy:
So it's like the Zen Garden minigame in Plants vs. Zombies? I approve!

Except those plants are cartoonishly funny and give you money. ...still beats the hell out of scanning for minerals from orbit.

This topic seems to have a serious...

puntunia problem!

YEEEAAAAAH

As much as I rag on ME2 the mineral thing didn't annoy me as much as it did everyone else. Maybe I'm all OCD but I found it kind of enjoyable to systematically strip a plant of all of its mineral wealth. I just with I knew Miranda's upgrade made my radar move twice as fast in scan mode before 3/4 of the way into the game.

Still there is no mining/gathering minigame that compares to Star Control 2.

therandombear:
She's staring into our soul~

Ye, I don't mind you having to gather resources to upgrade ship and equipment, but there must be something better to do then literally harvesting entire galaxies to upgrade Garrus' Calibration Cannon...

True that, I think I would much rather prefer an merchantile trading mini games or shady blackmarket deals incorporated into the gameplay as a more realistic alternative for gathering required resource than playing space miner. In general I didnt find the resource part of ME II that anoying seeing how you can aquire all the resources you'll ever need for the entire game if you spend the first half hour mining like mad - but it's boring as hell and highly implausibe at that!

Venereus:
Wait, we've actually done this before. In Starcraft 2 you watch weird stuff grow waiting for upgrades.

No you don't...?

You can check logs on a thing having grown between missions, but it doesn't actually grow if you watch it. It grows from the research you collect on missions.

Fun farming = Hammerhead, with thicker armor than the tissue paper they gave it in ME2. You can't tell me that screaming through a canyon, wiping out a geth outpost and stealing all THEIR eezo wouldn't be a blast.

Or you blaze over some nodes and tag them, and Li- I mean, the Shadow Broker, sends in drones to pick up the ones you discover and supplies you with the upgrades you need in return.

Mass Effect armor always makes girls and boys look sexy.

I HATE MINING FOR MINERALS! And the WORST part is that they are actually important if you want to upgrade your ship and get the best ending in mass effect 2! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

The new animation is still very much the same, but it's... crisp. (aka GOOD)

And yet... I find myself missing the old style.... (that lower lip really IS hideous... it makes Erin seem like a prostitute... or like she's constantly pouting...) :/

Maybe mass effect 3's system will grow on you.

hey..I had more fun scanning all those planets in ME2 than I did mucking around the inventory system in ME1 lol

Mineral scanning got infinitely better once you got the upgrade for the speed of the scanner. And once you started a new game and began with 50000 of each resource.

I hope they go with Yahtzee's idea for 3. Jetpacks and Laser-Wolves!

manythings:

Venereus:

manythings:
Did i stray into an alternate reality where the Mako wasn't the biggest most pointless thing you did in the Mass Effect universe?

Excuuuse me, sir. The Mako had GUNS!

Extremely lack-lustre ones.

Would you shut up lame assholes? mako had guns that killed thesher maw like nothing and it had thrusters, it's only your fault if you couldn't drive it.

I intended to comment on the comic, but its so true, manual probing is the biggest BS of all ME.

Dhatz:

manythings:

Venereus:

Excuuuse me, sir. The Mako had GUNS!

Extremely lack-lustre ones.

Would you shut up lame assholes? mako had guns that killed thesher maw like nothing and it had thrusters, it's only your fault if you couldn't drive it.

I intended to comment on the comic, but its so true, manual probing is the biggest BS of all ME.

Then I killed one on foot in about half the time. It takes maybe three minutes to scan a planet and if you stick to richh planets only you could finish an entire cluster in the time it took to get that god damn mako to cross the map.

TheAmazingHobo:

AbstractStream:

TheAmazingHobo:

God, I canīt believe I actually laughed at this.
I feel like such a sap.

No, no. I laughed too. I guess I just took a lichen to these puns.
Wow...that was terrible.

Yeah, this thread is going downhill fast.
Maybe we should make like a tree and get outta here.

HISHE?

OT: Bioware decided to delay ME3's release date after new problems had turniped during production

I think I might be going to hell for laughing at all these terrible puns... :D

I pine for the day when all these puns will finally be rooted out from the thread, you can say that I shall be rather releafed when that happens.

Sorry, that's all, really, I'm done now. I mean, I'd have to work overthyme to try and come up with any more.

Meh, I didn't mind the planet scanning.

klasbo:

Sparrow:

The_root_of_all_evil:

At least they twigged it though, that must have been a tree-t.

Yeah, atleast they're branching out.

The new mechanic might be fruitful, but maybe they should consider going back to roots. Either way they'll have to reap what they sow, but you can be sure they'll always be gard'n their decision on what de-mow-tivational mechanic they choose to implement.

I think we should start to grow up now...

EDIT: you people are so much faster than me. You shoot these so rapidly...

Oak-ay, that's enough for today guys.

The Artificially Prolonged:

klasbo:

Sparrow:

Yeah, atleast they're branching out.

The new mechanic might be fruitful, but maybe they should consider going back to roots. Either way they'll have to reap what they sow, but you can be sure they'll always be gard'n their decision on what de-mow-tivational mechanic they choose to implement.

I think we should start to grow up now...

EDIT: you people are so much faster than me. You shoot these so rapidly...

WARNING! WARNING! PUN OVERLOAD!

Goddammit you people, I only have so many sunglasses to hand out, geeezzz XD lol

You load sixteen tons, what do you get?
Another day older and deeper in debt.

Except for a lack of Ezo, scanning was actually kind of fun. I don't get why so many people act like it's the worst thing ever.

Honestly if that was the alternative I'd rather scan planets.

Amen.

It does make you wonder though... if Bioware would make the next CoD, would you spend half the game on guard duty outside the mess hall?

And hey, at least you don't have to talk to the plant - that'd be both boring, and embarrassing.

I am very frond of this thread.

I really liked the Mako.
It was awesome. You had a rover tank and went around on planets wrecking things up.
And then because a handful of people complained they scrapped it.
Jerks.

Can they just bring back the Mako instead? I liked it a hell of a lot more than the system they placed in ME2 and I despised missions with the hammerhead.

Although that is a very cute plant....

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or