Miracle of Sound: The Ballad of Clay Carmine

Oh Carmine, if only he followed the first rule of COG.

Good work, this is a ballad worthy of its name.

why wasn't this availible until now i am confused

Seriously, two GoW songs? The game wasn't even that good. If GoW gets two songs, Mass Effect and Fallout both deserve five or six.

I didn't know you made a video for this. I've been listening to it for a couple weeks.

EDIT: Oh, it's just the Youtube video. Oh well, good excuse to hear it again.

Oh and you forgot the lyrics in the description

I want this song in the "Miracle of Sound album"

Your best song. Probably the only one I'd listen to more than a few times.

You make me want to play Gears of Wars now o.O this is an awesome song.

should do more Bullet Storm songs instead... Me not really in to GoW... (mainly because I own PC, and PS3... did love the CoW-PC though... just sour that they decided not to release more...)
anyhow... Good job~

Maybe, you should make more songs like commander shepard, that song was amazing. Your more guitar beated kind of songs make your worse songs in my opinion.

Giantpanda602:
Maybe, you should make more songs like commander shepard, that song was amazing. Your more guitar beated kind of songs make your worse songs in my opinion.

Your opinion is wrong. This, along with Santiago's Lament, are actually his best songs.

Lots of comments in this thread are proof that people care more about fan-wank than actual quality in songs.

Cherry Cola:
Lots of comments in this thread are proof that people care more about fan-wank than actual quality in songs.

Are you suggesting this is a bad song?
That could be taken either way.

Awesome song. Good riffs and very appropriate for the game. :)

Can someone explain the joke in this to someone who hasn't played Gears of War? Is Clay Carmine like a running gag? Is he like a red shirt or something?

GrizzlerBorno:
Can someone explain the joke in this to someone who hasn't played Gears of War? Is Clay Carmine like a running gag? Is he like a red shirt or something?

The Carmine's tend to get killed off in horrible ways - I guess they kind of are the redshirts of the series.

Hopefully Clay Will live through Gears 3!

MiracleOfSound:

GrizzlerBorno:

The Carmine's tend to get killed off in horrible ways - I guess they kind of are the redshirts of the series.

Ah, sucks to be....uhh, them, I suppose. Thanks MoS.

Should seriously think about picking up the two GoW games on sale though. Or should I just read the story-so-far off a wiki or something? Would I miss much?

GrizzlerBorno:

MiracleOfSound:

GrizzlerBorno:

Should seriously think about picking up the two GoW games on sale though. Or should I just read the story-so-far off a wiki or something? Would I miss much?

Gears is not renowned for its story on these forums but I think it's good, and pretty entertaining, and the side story of a man losing his lover strikes a chord with a lot of people.

MiracleOfSound:

GrizzlerBorno:

MiracleOfSound:

Gears is not renowned for its story on these forums but I think it's good, and pretty entertaining, and the side story of a man losing his lover strikes a chord with a lot of people.

...buut not with me. Not yet anyway. :P

I think I'll just watch some summaries or Let's plays or something. Thanks for the advice man.

I don't even really like Gears of War, but this is one of my favorite songs you've done.

I actually only play a small handful of the games you do songs for, but none that I've really disliked.

Of course I get happy when songs get made of games I enjoyed, but stuff like this is great too.

Reckon this is my one of favourite Miracle of Sound songs. Standing alongside Sovengarde, Nord Mead and Little Sister.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here