Trailers: The Witcher 2: Environments

The Witcher 2: Environments

Preview some of the environments featured in The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings.

Watch Video

Typical that I have exams the week this comes out.

ITS SO PRETTY.

Looks good, but why the slideshow and not actual live environments? It's due out soon.

For my money the best part of Witcher 1 was the environment.
However this video doesn't really do it much justice, I've seen some of the gameplay videos and stills like this may as well be drawn in backgrounds ala FF7.

Its good to finally see a trailer that doesn't show violence or boobies. Nice change of pace. Although I'd have preferred a slow fly-through of the environments, rather than a slide-show.

From what I saw in this short trailer, Witcher 2 sure has it's own visual design, it's not copying stuff from other games like some do.
And also it already has more enviroments than DA2 :) and will have more since it's just a srap.

Well that was pretty boring, I don't want to see still images no matter how pretty they look, and I actually enjoyed the first game, I'm just hoping this is simply a case of lacklustre marketing.

Never played the first one, but this is seriously making me consider getting both of them. I haven't had a decent RPG in ages (Dragon Age 2 doesn't count).

WaaghPowa:
Never played the first one, but this is seriously making me consider getting both of them. I haven't had a decent RPG in ages (Dragon Age 2 doesn't count).

It is worth checking them out. Particularly on Good old Games if you don't care about physical copies.

I want this game so bad. It needs to be released now instead of 2 weeks! This is one of *maybe* 3 games i'm getting this year.

EDIT: In 5 days, on gog.com they're gonna have The Witcher: Enhanced Edition available for 5 US dollars to download. No real reason not to pick it up if you don't have it :)

WHAT!?
Where is my beloved brown and ruined masonry! The color is to different! ARGH!
Yay! ^__^

Yes, looks stunning. Looking forward to it! :)

Twelve more days twelve more days twelve more days....

Is it here yet?

epiciness so that trailer entertained me more than da2

Sartan0:

WaaghPowa:

It is worth checking them out. Particularly on Good old Games if you don't care about physical copies.

Steam has it as well, difference being that GoG is DRM free, or so it claims.

Edit: Sweet Zombie Jesus, Gog.com has the first Witcher coming out in 5 days for 5 bucks!

The views into the distance are pretty realistic. But when you look at what's in front of you you can easily see that it's a game. WANTS REALISTIC GRAPHICS :P

But it sure has a unique style in it.

The architectural elements are a little bit of a hodgepodge. It makes me wonder if the designers are using stylistic and formal elements to demarcate different nations or kingdoms. It doesn't look very convincing in that sense.

On the other hand, there is a remarkable variety and attention to detail in the environment design. That structure built into the mountain side at 0:25 just begs to be explored. I'm just a little bit sick of the bland, non-commital medieval pan-European style in so many Western RPGs.

This is what you get when you develop solely for PC! Take note and weep oh console gamers.

Is it wrong for me to really, reeeally want that music? It's beautiful.
Oh yeah, the Witcher 2, right, yes, do want, dunno if my PC is man enough for the job though.

Looks pretty... but my god do they ever look boring!

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here