Conduit 2 Review

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Conduit 2 Review

If you're looking for a shooter on the Wii, this is a shooter on the Wii.

Read Full Article

Steve Butts:
Conduit 2 Review

Read Full Article

Didn't the devs for this game send you guys an email, apologising for how 'awesome' this game would be and how it would ruin all games for you?

That didn't turn out so well did it.

No offence but your a bit late but I guess it better to see the review now than later.

Yeah I do agree with the plot and dialogues being cliche and cheesy (Andromeda is the typical sexy sidekick and have you seen her butt?) and yeah the AI are stupid. I pretty much bought it for the multiplayer since I enjoyed the first game multiplayer aswell although it competely different now which I had to adjust.

RETARDED SPOILER ALERT!

At the end a bunch of old US presidents (Abe Lincoln, George Washington etc.) come out of a big dimensional portal dressed like space marines telling you that they need your help to save the universe or some bollocks.

Dumbest plot twist ever.

same problem that the original Halo had...a handgun that basically functions as a miniaturized handheld space cruiser defense cannon? :p

Gigatoast:
RETARDED SPOILER ALERT!

At the end a bunch of old US presidents (Abe Lincoln, George Washington etc.) come out of a big dimensional portal dressed like space marines telling you that they need your help to save the universe or some bollocks.

Dumbest plot twist ever.

What are you talking about That was awesome. Im hopeing for mecha Taft in the next one ^^

Gigatoast:
RETARDED SPOILER ALERT!

Dumbest plot twist ever.

That would be awesome if it were trying to be camp. If it's playing it straight then...well it's still hilarious but in a bad way.

Also I'm amazed at how bad the graphics are. It's like you have to actually try to get a game to look that crappy in 2011, even on the Wii.

see: ... The Spy Who Shagged Me

Hmm, good idea. I think I'll do that, because watching a funny movie sounds like more fun than playing The Conduit 2.

Daystar Clarion:
Didn't the devs for this game send you guys an email, apologising for how 'awesome' this game would be and how it would ruin all games for you?

Yep, that was them all right.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/108384-High-Voltage-Software-Apologizes-for-Upcoming-Conduit-2s-Awesomeness

Anyway, there's one thing I want to know: does the game still go "BDEEP BDEEP BDEEP BDEEP BDEEP BDEEP!" when it finds a hidden door? :p

Gigatoast:
RETARDED SPOILER ALERT!

Dumbest plot twist ever.

Oh dear god, please tell me I can find a video of this somewhere.

What was up with that weird corrupted thing at the end?

Daystar Clarion:

Steve Butts:
Conduit 2 Review

Read Full Article

Maybe THAT was satire to!

mjc0961:
Anyway, there's one thing I want to know: does the game still go "BDEEP BDEEP BDEEP BDEEP BDEEP BDEEP!" when it finds a hidden door? :p

Nope. Hidden doors don't exist anymore. You can ping the ASE to find hidden powerups and conspiracy objects, but that's it.

So in this game everyone travels by Stargate?

SamuelT:

Yeah? That was one MAJOR glitch.

Hm... Looks like Perfect Dark with a slight graphics update.

Alien Presidents? Fascinating. And he travels through a...Stargate, apparently? And if he goes by Stargate to Atlantis, shouldn't he be getting yelled at by David Hewlett and beaten up by Jason Momoa?

Steve Butts said "ME-lee". I cringed. That's really all I took from this. Apart from the comments about space washington and space lincoln in the comments. Frankly, I'm not sure everything couldn't at least be partially improved by SPACE LINCOLN.

Stevepinto3:

Also I'm amazed at how bad the graphics are. It's like you have to actually try to get a game to look that crappy in 2011, even on the Wii.

Tell me about it. I mean, the Wii isn't that underpowered. Yet looking at this makes me think of an N64 game.

Seriously, there are dozens of gamecube games that look better than this. Let alone Wii titles.
(Ans whatever else may be true, the Wii is more powerful than a Gamecube.)

Kind of ironic from a dev group that made a big deal about the graphics of the original 'conduit' title.

Gigatoast:
RETARDED SPOILER ALERT!

Dumbest plot twist ever.

That sounds incredible reading it, I assume it's not quite as awesome as it sounds, though.

In practice, that would be sort of stupid...

SamuelT:

The game glitched out like that during our capture, and it was just too coincidentally and funny that the main character complains about something being broken.

Want a shooter on the wii?

Either get Goldeneye or Black ops, they are just more fun.

Why does it look worse than the first Conduit?

No offense but....

o.0?!?

they made a second one? why ...

BehattedWanderer:
Alien Presidents? Fascinating. And he travels through a...Stargate, apparently? And if he goes by Stargate to Atlantis, shouldn't he be getting yelled at by David Hewlett and beaten up by Jason Momoa?

And then getting growled at by Todd :3

looks like a bargain bin buy then...have't played Conduit 1 though...maybe I'll find it when I get some money to waste :>

Not G. Ivingname:

Or Modern Warfare 1. Or CoD3. Or World At War.

Hell, just pick up a CoD game, that's the best you'll get as far as shooters go. Unless you want to count Metroid Prime 3, which could satisfy your shooter lust but it's much closer to a first person action adventure.

On Topic: I played the first Conduit. I enjoyed the controls for a few hours, luckily about the amount of time it took to get close to the end. That's the thing, I only got close - I had to turn it off when my brother wanted to get back on his Wii and I wound up never feeling the desire to touch it again.

When I modified my Wii, he and I did end up playing it over a system link. I have to admit that was quite fun, we spent a few hours on it everyday for a few weeks straight. But it kind of sounds like the Homefront story - a game that probably wasn't going to be very good anyway got some hype due to some new twist and didn't live anywhere near to it, but wound up with a decent multiplayer.

believer258:

Not G. Ivingname:

Or Modern Warfare 1. Or CoD3. Or World At War.

Hell, just pick up a CoD game, that's the best you'll get as far as shooters go.

I don't think their are that many people playing WoW and MW1 on this system because of how badly those games have been hacked. CoD3 is fine, but doesn't even have any multiplayer at all. I loved MW1, I used to tear apart everybody with the RPD (why couldn't they bring that gun back! I miss it so...) but I still think Black Ops is the best of what we have.

So it sucks, just as I knew it would, good to know.

My eyes rolled over just looking at how dull that was.

Now if only yathzee would review it.

Kitsuna10060:
o.0?!?

they made a second one? why ...

This was my reaction too. I couldn't even get all the way through the original. I can usually get through a bad story if the gameplay is good enough (see: Torchlight), but Conduit just didn't have anything going for it.

Are we really still saying; "Kind of Good... for a Wii game"? Because it does get a little old. The first conduit got a free pass in some places becuase i think the Wii teams in certain quaters were just so grateful to actually be playing an FPS they did notice it was a horrible, horrible game.

For the record i don't think any Wii FPS (with the notable exception maybe Metroid Prime 3) is up to the quality of even the more mediocore FPS games on the other three systems mainly becuase their onlin infrastructur is so poor.

That joke at the end had me laughing, tip of the hat to you Sir.

I can't take anyone seriously who claims that a classic console controller works better than the Wii Motion Plus for a FPS.

Having not played console FPSes in so many years, when I last tried to pick one up I found the typical controller setup to be just awful. I boggled at how I ever played like that. Then Goldeneye on Wii came along and the motion controls were so intuitive I managed to actually sit through and beat the game (and impressive feat for me.).

So whenever someone says game controller > motion controls, I just can't help but think this is a review intended for console junkies and not applicable to the rest of us.

it looks like a PS1 game i owned

A very Stargate-like device used for teleporting and that wormhole animation WAS lifted directly from Stargate and they go to Atlantis you say? Well they don't seem to be ripping anything off here.

Also, that plot twist sounds insane in a good and bad way.

I loved the first game, because the gameplay really works, and the story is so far of the deep end I really can't help but love it.

This looks to take that even further.
Hooray!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook