Tales from the Table: Chapter 4: A Tale of a New Beginning

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Chapter 4: A Tale of a New Beginning

With a new adventure book comes a new beginning as Princess Ceredwyn must gather a group of mighty warriors to defeat the evil Sorcerer Cryson ... Sometimes you just have to settle, though.

Watch Video

Another great video! This is one of the most underrated series on the site!

Best episode yet. The show really has the ball rolling at this point.

Amazing!

Hooray! A storyline at last!

Sheaphard117:
Another great video! This is one of the most underrated series on the site!

Unquestonably

Finally a watchable episode, grats guys! Keep it up!

YAY!! sSomething is happening now. I love this series guys. great work!

Great episode! I love that there finally is a little bit of a story going on in the game and not just some jokes. Also nice to have the (game)characters presented a little bit more deeply.

best series on the escapist ATM, loving it al the characters are hilarious.

Sweet, stuff seems to be happening now! Can't wait to see where it'll lead.

Hey when you actually have a semblance of a plot it's pretty good :D More episodes like this and i'll keep watching :)

The only thing keeping me from really enjoying the videos is that the characters embody the very worst stereotypes of gamers as people that are awkward, insecure, childish and embarrassed about enjoying 'dress up'. Like the bitchy girlfriend taking the chocolate last episode. I'd like to think we've made it past these outdated stereotypes. I have played pen and paper games in conventions and with friends, and I've never met anyone that even resembled that.

I'd enjoy it a lot more if the players were believable people, and the characters they play were as dysfunctional as any regular player group will be. You can have humor without making fun of the people playing the game.

A lot of this is really reminiscent of my group, which is kinda funny. I can't tell you how many times one of my characters would just randomly rob and kill random people(sometimes even other Players... Heh... stupid elf)

so great! Love the epic facepalm worthy quote right at the end.

Damn awesome.
The quality of this show is just trough the roof. Really sweet.
But what can i say about this episode? Well, i guess haters be hatin'.

Kian2:
The only thing keeping me from really enjoying the videos is that the characters embody the very worst stereotypes of gamers as people that are awkward, insecure, childish and embarrassed about enjoying 'dress up'. Like the bitchy girlfriend taking the chocolate last episode. I'd like to think we've made it past these outdated stereotypes. I have played pen and paper games in conventions and with friends, and I've never met anyone that even resembled that.

I'd enjoy it a lot more if the players were believable people, and the characters they play were as dysfunctional as any regular player group will be. You can have humor without making fun of the people playing the game.

This. Heck, I've played DnD with complete strangers, had fun, and found out through a few sessions that they were pretty much just normal people. Normal, everyday people.

Still very much liking this show, though. Keep up the good work! :D

That missing the goblin bit made me think - being inebriated actually should affect your Spot checks, I'm gonna have to use that.

It may have taken five episodes, but the story has finally started.

...I think. :/

Aha! A plot! And characterization! Time for a second chance.

Wow, I liked it already, but it seems this series just became good!

Four adventurers (one a thief)standing next to a dead goblin and NO ONE LOOTED THE BODY! Seriously tho I like the series and I loved today's episode. Keep up the good work.

I've never got the draw of taking a princess of the guy you're trying to over throw as your wife. It seems like if you're forcing yourself on a throne, you dont want to have someone who reminds everyone in the kingdom of the old blood. Sounds like it would be better to pursue your mortal enemy's daughter or significant woman, uniting the kingdoms, then turning on them and having twice the land and no one to rebel.

drisky:
Best episode yet. The show really has the ball rolling at this point.

I have to agree with this. I enjoyed this episode more because it was more about the story and interaction than just random stereotype jokes.

Really looking forward to what comes next.

Nice to see Princess Ceredwyn get to shine after the chocolate bar incident!

Ooo! A wild plot appears.

great episode guys! 10/10

definitely the best one so far!

keep up the great work :)

AND NOW!

I am interested.

Jugling between two plot lines at once while trying to get some characterization in isn't easy but it looks like your off to a great start.

I like this turn of events. Keep producing more stuff like this and you'll be gold!

Houston, we have a plot!

I gotta say I'm loving this series!

the elf kind of reminded me of thief from 8-bit theater >.>....
OT: nice to see a storyline start rolling along...can't wait to see where it goes from there

The story is still too disjointed for me to really get into it. I'm hopeful that there will be some continuity in the fantasy world, but what we really need is a continuous story in the real world. Relationships, sub-plots, anything beyond sniping at each other would be a big improvement.

Hahahaha! I love it! A little traditional story set up, a lot of craziness, and their own brand of humor to top it all off. I can't wait to see what happens next!

p.s. A wizard drunkard. Not a lot of them around. Nice, now the mage gets to be the hammered one!

FINALLY a story-line :D
Humor before was good but without a story-line it got old quick.
great episode :D

I kind of want to see a paladin in the group, because what party is complete without a paladin? It may just be fact that I tend to play them, but having an amoral paladin can make for some rather amusing bits.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here