Daily Drop: Ted the Cat

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Lady Kathleen:

Draconalis:
Awww... Cats are built for this kind of thing. You should have dropped him from higher, as well as forced him to land on his feet.

For everyone asking for a more 'spectacular' cat drop... sorry no. We wanted to make sure that Ted would not be harmed in any way during the drop.

Pish posh, and Tally wag! Also... other archaic statements I don't actually understand!

Dear god Alex, you did. Except I was expecting the crowbar to be switched out for a string of feathers. But damn, very damn good drop.

Three things:

One, I forsee this as becoming the most popular daily drop ever.

Two, I lost it when the 'crowbar' came up. Haven't laughed that hard in a while.

Three, "No animals were harmed in the making of this video." Yeah, no shit. Kathleen would murder all y'all if ya did.

Can someone tell me what kind of cat Ted is? I want a cat like that

Wow, those legs are bendy!

What a cute kitty :D

I have dropped my cat from a greater distance and it never breaks. They have some sort of an anti-breaking mechanism built-in...

Haha, best drop yet. As soon as I saw "Cat" as today's drop, I knew it was going to be great.

And the "Crowbar Ready" gag was perfect.

Not posted, Kathleen countering the crowbar.

What is the song in the end of the video?

Ha, ha, epicness!

I'm a bit disappointed though. I was hoping Alex would pretend to wack him with a crowbar and we'd see his lightning fast reflexes as he jumped out of the way.

Bendy cat is bendy. I mean, I knew cats had some shock absorption in their legs, but it was almost freaky there.

Mumorpuger:
"Hm... wouldn't it be funny if they did the 'Crowbar Ready' sequ...

... HOLY COW THEY'RE DOING IT!"

I laughed.... Hard.

Exactly! Man, well-played!

That was probably the best drop ever.

Onyx Oblivion:
CROWBAR!

You could have just done a gentle crowbar tap or something. :)

And risk the wrath of Kathleen? She'd murdalize 'em, if they so much as disturbed a hair with that crowbar.

Yeah, Alex had me going there. Awesome video. KITTY!

What a beautiful kitty! :3

I laughed pretty hard at the crowbar bit. That whole thing was really cool, amazing how agile cats really are.

itf cho:
That was probably the best drop ever.

Onyx Oblivion:
CROWBAR!

You could have just done a gentle crowbar tap or something. :)

And risk the wrath of Kathleen? She'd murdalize 'em, if they so much as disturbed a hair with that crowbar.

I heard (I think) Kathleen laugh in the background after the first drop. I knew the crowbar was a bluff. I don't even want to think about what the next drop would have been if it wasn't.

Failure. Get the crowbar!

as if evolution prepared him/her only for this moment on camera...

Laugh of the month from "Crowbar ready" :D

Don't let PETA see this, those fucking morons would probably cry.

Lady Kathleen:

Draconalis:
-snip

For everyone asking for a more 'spectacular' cat drop... sorry no. We wanted to make sure that Ted would not be harmed in any way during the drop.

Regardless, your cat is now the greatest hero in the universe:
I can just imagine him thinking "WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM!?!" right after the drop!
That, and he's so fluffy.

Hehehehe, that was great.

The most interesting one yet! :3

the first daily drop to make me laugh

im an animator so i was sat there thinking, ooo, good reference
then failure came up, yay crowbar time! wait what...

Great episode. =D plenty of shock value.

Kitty kinda had a "wtf guys?" look to it the first time it was dropped.

Some of the comments to this video are frightening, though. oO

Certainly one of the best daily drops. When the crowbar alert popped up I half expected a pythonesque cut to a dummy, a plush or china figure something like that. Still a brilliant twist though.

Zhukov:
The first thing I thought when I saw the cat on the Escapist front page was, "I'm going to post a humorous comment regarding the possible use of the crowbar."

And then they went and ninja'd me. Bastards.

Incidentally, it was interested too see how much the front legs bend on impact.

I was going to post a humorous comment about how they'd preempted my humorous comment, but then I saw that it had been ninja'd. Bastard.

Also, it was interesting how the front paws flexed back to be ready for the impact.

Quiet Stranger:
Can someone tell me what kind of cat Ted is? I want a cat like that

It might be a Birman

I was so thinking at the first drop "huh, you know, since it didn't break, a 'crowbar is ready' would be hilarious here...". Great minds think alike.. and apparently the lesser ones do too :P

Awesome drop btw, kitty landing tactics and fur make for great fun in slow mo.

KITTY!

my guess: they started playing the crowbar music,
kathleen threatened them with physical harm

Cats are sure bendy, aren't they?

Also, I was somewhat concerned when the crowbar theme started playing...

Its interesting that they go front legs first, their rear legs are much stronger and better for the purpose. The power for jumps comes from the rear legs.

Russian_Assassin:
What a cute kitty :D

I have dropped my cat from a greater distance and it never breaks. They have some sort of an anti-breaking mechanism built-in...

They have flaps like a flying squirrel. Cats actually have a non-lethal terminal velocity, on paper they can be dropped from planes and survive. NOTE: survive, not emerge without a scratch. Anyone testing this fact/theory should be shot.

Shame on each and every person that was secretly (or not so secretly) dissapointed tht the crowbar didn't come out on this one, you know who you are...

Anyway, a nice melding of adorable fluffiness and fluid muscle-motion.

I was actually in tears at the crowbar bit

Of laughter XD

This makes me want a highspeed camera...
Very interesting to watch.

Ok everyone on three, 3 2 1 awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook