Trailers: Dungeon Siege III: Co-Op

Dungeon Siege III: Co-Op

Lucas, Anjali, Katarina, and Reinhart team up to fight for the Legion in Dungeon Siege III.

Watch Video

shit... premade characters?! dammit, and i was so looking forward to that game. ok... still am, but not as much. i hope they at least still use the same leveling/progression system.

ya i still remember fondly of when DS was more or less the first game to say level up skills to make your class to bad to see them scuing up the game

Yeah.

Screw LA Noire at this point. I forgot this is out in the same timeframe.

Time for some loot-n-wanking. On my consoles.

You know, I'm actually looking forward to the preset characters. It means that they can all be fleshed out, and the protagonist won't speak with stilted dialogue ala Bioware.

Removing the voiceover would have improved that trailer by a factor of 3.

Just saying.

Reminds me of DND Heroes. Oh please let this be like DND Heroes.

4 Player action RPG Co-Op is fun, and hard to find.

Guns in my Dungeon Siege? Seriously? I knew this was going to be terrible, but come on...

ciortas1:
Guns in my Dungeon Siege? Seriously? I knew this was going to be terrible, but come on...

Goblins had miniguns and flamethrowers in the first game, so it's not that much of a stretch.

I'm more concerned that each character has only 3 defensive skills and a choice of two offensive stances with 3 skills each. That's up to 6 skills per character at any one time. Also, the gameplay is now less "Diablo with a party" and more "Marvel Ultimate Alliance". It's not bad per se, but it still is in a different sub-genre of ARPGs compared to the first two games.

1. Already DSII didn't have the same level/progression system. Also every more hardcore rpg player laughed at the system. DSI had a nickname: Screensaver.

2. Like said before Goblins were already pretty progressive in DSI. Now add in +150 years. Yeah.

3. 9 Abilities+every Ability has a second Form + every ability can be skilled in two different paths that can be combined+Talents to further customize them. For example the same AOE ability can either be skilled to heal the party or damage foes or a combination of both.

@Zhukov: No, it wouldn't.

And this is why I have been avoiding Dungeon Siege 3 trailers, its physically unpleasant to watch such bland uninventiveness. Who thought those first 2 games even needed a sequel? I can't remember either previous game being anything but repetitive slashing/shooting/casting.

Turio:
3. 9 Abilities+every Ability has a second Form + every ability can be skilled in two different paths that can be combined+Talents to further customize them. For example the same AOE ability can either be skilled to heal the party or damage foes or a combination of both.

No, each character has 2 stances or "forms" and both forms have 3 unique abilities each + 3 common defensive abilities, total 9, not 2 forms for each of the 9 abilities.

And while you can add 2 different modifiers to each ability, that doesn't add new buttons to choose from, it's all passive effects. Talents are also completely passive, like 20% more of a stat, or adding a small effect/chance of effect to a form's spells.

This looks bloody awful.

This looks...bad. I was kind of looking forward to this game, but after watching every trailer its just so bad. I know I should reserve my judgement but these trailers, combined with it being made by obsidian, do not leave my hopes standing high.

Anyone else think of Unskippable when the crow came into view?

Jamboxdotcom:
shit... premade characters?! dammit, and i was so looking forward to that game. ok... still am, but not as much. i hope they at least still use the same leveling/progression system.

Nope. Look at this if you want to have an idea of how the game plays :

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-ex-dungeon-siege-iii/17-4068/

Coldie:

No, each character has 2 stances or "forms" and both forms have 3 unique abilities each + 3 common defensive abilities, total 9, not 2 forms for each of the 9 abilities.

And while you can add 2 different modifiers to each ability, that doesn't add new buttons to choose from, it's all passive effects. Talents are also completely passive, like 20% more of a stat, or adding a small effect/chance of effect to a form's spells.

Maybe he meant the 'enhanced' version of the ability when he talked about two forms? The one that is called by using one of the orbs.

Those passive modifiers can still help to shape up a character in the way you want though. One favored stance over another, etc.

Oh look, it's Diablo III's mongoloid little brother.

Coldie:

Turio:

Each ability has an enhanced form you unlock during the playthrough (and use as Sannom pointed out with Orbs)
Furthermore while these things are passive they still heavily influence how you use an ability and are not small effects. Which makes the abilities themselves highly customizable.

Also the defence stance is actually a stance itself just not activated the same way.

Also my example is an example from an offical developer. Yes, it has that big an effect.

@Lucifron I would actually think about what it means what you post or which words you use.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here