Unskippable: Sherlock Holmes vs Jack the Ripper

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Well, I think I know which game I am going to be playing this summer...

...what?

Amazing that abomination was released in 2009. Frogwares have been making Sherlock Holmes games (and pretty much nothing else) for years, which means SOMEONE must be buying this crap to enable them to keep going...

This game is also on PC if you're interested :)

I thought at first this was a Wii game, but then thought maybe they were going retro with a game from the Playstation 1 or something. But if this is a 360 game, shame on the developers!!!

Also Holmes seems to have become a victim of Amateur Lobotomy done by an epileptic 5 year old...

"Meanwhile in the 1880's London street that comes packaged with the 3D software" cracked me up.... XD

Unskippable: Failing to disappoint since ^that date over there.

Myrph:
I have to admit, the first thing I did when I finished watching this was to pull up a map on TFL to work out how to get from Baker Street to Whitechapel. Its actually quite a distance away, so probably would need either a damn good sense of direction or a map to navigate, especially since the roads in London are some of the most confusing I've had to navigate!

I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure Sherlock Holmes is supposed to know London like the back of his hand, and not just because he's exceptionally bright and lives in London...
Also, the introduction to the game itself is possibly the worst way to set the period you could think of - reference a medical issue that only came to public thought centuries later!

Points for the Oblivion observation though! Very wry.

Clearing this is a First Person game from Mrs. Hudson's point of view.

Sherlock Holmes was noted for smoking a pipe, not cigarettes, and their suits all look like they copied the code from Mafia. Looking good right out of the gate!

I was crying with laughter by the time it got to: "Wow, that sounds really boring. How about we play a video game, instead?" This is some seriously funny shit, well done.

Oh great! I was wondering when I'd get an opportunity to post this.

Enjoy your nightmares.

Also, it's the Sun that has the infamous Page 3 girl, not the Star, the Star has boobs throughout. But close enough.

Yes, those bloody foreigners!

Very funny episode.

Also, for anyone who misses ENN, you might want to click on this link: http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/checkpoint/101/

lol great episode guys. Those graphics were horrendous for a modern game. That looked like early PS2 at best. And wow, if your first objective is to find a map of London, then I'm not too sure if I'd want to touch that game with a 12 foot pole.

I agree with Subtlefuge above. This game would probably make a hilarious Let's Play.

loodmoney:

Mydnyght:
What the shit did I just watch? Holmes needs Watson to get a map of London?!

Perhaps this explains it:

Entamrik:
Based on the best selling novel; 'Sherlock Holmes vs his smoking habit'

As Holmes' drug habit has got the best of him; Watson has to do all the work:

"Watson, I've become rather tired. Could you carry me to the crime scene?"

"My dear Watson, my eyes seem to not be working. They see things, but only in various shades of green. Would you kindly scan the ground for a footprint that matches the one we saw earlier?"

"Perhaps this is the opium talking, but my body is so large that it covers the entirity of London. If I could hold my breath for long enough, I'm sure I could sense the murderer from the comfort of my armchair. Help me find my armchair, Watson."

So Holmes becomes Nero Wolfe then? Good to know.

"Wow, that sounds incredibly boring. Maybe we can play a video game instead!"
Pure gold.

I miss these truly bad games in unskippable, I love how the writing is so good but the game design and pacing is just rediculously crap. Also constant errors make for giggletimes.

Myrph:
I have to admit, the first thing I did when I finished watching this was to pull up a map on TFL to work out how to get from Baker Street to Whitechapel. Its actually quite a distance away, so probably would need either a damn good sense of direction or a map to navigate, especially since the roads in London are some of the most confusing I've had to navigate!

Yes, but you should remember that this game takes place well over a hundred years ago, when London was a lot more sensibly arranged.

It takes one sentence to recognize a shitty fucking readjob of a voiceacting.

Okay, I have a new nominee for the next Let's play!!
That has to be one of the most epic crossovers ever, who won?? Seriously, I have to know how this plays out!!
Man that game is pitiful though, and it was released 2010 and got a 62 metacritic??

k-ossuburb:
Oh great! I was wondering when I'd get an opportunity to post this.

Enjoy your nightmares.

This is quite possibly as funny if not funnier than LRR's commentary.

that looks like a really really bad game

P.S

happy independence day to the Israelis

Nice one guys, good, riffs, as usual. And that last line at the very end mde me laugh more than it should've...

The concept of Sherlock Holmes hunting for Jack the Ripper is an entiriging one (plus, Holmes probably would have solved the damn case)... Does anyone know if it's been done anywhere else? 'Cause that sounds like a story I'd like to get into...

"Wow, that sounds incredibly boring. Maybe we can play a video game instead!"
Haha that really was the best part. I agree, this doesn't deserve the title of Xbox 360.. not really because of the graphics, but the game looks painfully boring. My head even aches from watching the cutscenes.

Also there were so many flaws.. thus smoking wasn't the primary hobby when you're board especially trying to make 'smoke rings'. Still, this was a great review and I give you guys props as always for making it hilarous. Always looking forward to seeing another episode of Unskippable.

A Quantum Leap reference! I love you people!

And then LA Noire comes out and we find out everything that DOESN'T make a detective game bad.

Holmes smokes pipes, not cigs.

"That sounds boring. I'd rather play a videogame instead."
was the best bit.

How do you make such a terrible Sherlock game? They just had a 3 episode BBC series on Sherlock and it was fantastic. Just take those characters and make a game out of that. Good lord.

What the carp is...?

Why would they make...?

Who proposed a crossover between...?

*Falls down from confusion*

Ugh, I want these games to be good soooo bad, but the only way they could be entertaining was if they had the Unskippable commentary over it like Riff trax.
Funny as hell :D

"that camera must kick that guy in the balls alot" lol.
I actually have a friend who does that. Her "hello" and "goodbye" consists of kicking males(usually me) below the belt....

Blerg! That game looks GOD awful. Thank goodness you guys were here to cheer up that horrid cut scene (and subsequently reveal to us what a terrible game it is).

"Why don't we play video games instead?"

^ Ahahahahaha. Whoot. XD Yeah I'm tired...But that was great nevertheless.

wow, is everyone actually just talking about the game? no one thought paul and graham were funny?

well i did, awesome episode guys, thought it was hilarious.

they didnt call him 'jack the leave the body intact guy', brilliant XD

k-ossuburb:

omfg! that was just amazing. thank you for sharing that :)

You know this game wasn't that bad. It had a pretty okay story and many of the puzzles weren't half bad. The video was hilarious so thank you for doing a random and obscure title!

Erja_Perttu:
The page three girls are in The Sun, not The Star. I pity the poor guy who paws through the Star looking for topless women.

According to The Star's website, there's totally boobs in The Star... just not... the best?

I'm definitely not interested in playing the game after this, but I must say; this does seem like an excellent candidate for the next Unskippable: Let's Play... (If there'll be a next one. I hope there'll be a next one...)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here