Jimquisition: How Sony Can Make it Up To You

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Oh hey, look. He's doing that "I'm an unlikable, arrogant prick, but you like watching me anyway" thing.

And I don't even like watching these people.

I cannot STAND the updates of PSN... EVERYTIME i turn it on i have to wait for 40 minutes!

I fucking hate this guy. Sorry but I can't stand him. And I thought he couldn't do worse than his second video, where he fucks up a topic nobody else could have.
-It's not funny, it's not clever, he's obnoxious, he either has a god complex or fails so hard at making jokes it hurts me
-This is what he calls a solution? Is he trying to be funny or just doesn't have a clue?
-Every time he opens his mouth I wanna kick him in the teeth!
-He even knows his videos suck so he makes a lame joke about it
-He looks and sounds like a duchebag.
Why is he still here? When I voted for him to leave I saw there was like 60% of votes against him! Can we keep voting?
This was the last Jimquisition for me.

This one actually had some useful information. Still I hate the guy, hate his show, wish The Escapist would get rid of this guy. I'm not going to be watching anymore of Jimquisition from here on out, hopefully it will die out. When you get right down to it the guy isn't that great at this whole informative comedy shtick and he just comes off as an idiot. So bye Jim.

jrplette:

bahumat42:

Those are geese.

]

first pic i could find, lots of things looking in one direction, close enough ^^

I'll agree that this one was much better. The first one WAS awful. The second was meh. This one was actually funny.

Mayhap Jim is finding a way to mellow down his Destructoid persona to fit in more in the Escapist?

Might keep watching, at least if the title catches my eye.

A well done episode. Perhaps the first two were bad, simply because they're the first. Good job, I will definitely watch the next episode.

Frozen Donkey Wheel2:
Oh hey, look. He's doing that "I'm an unlikable, arrogant prick, but you like watching me anyway" thing.

I only know the first and the last, sorry, not from the USA, but those people know what they're talking about.

I still think this would be funnier if Jim was out in the street asking people about PSN, etc.

Assassin Xaero:
The Medievil 3 thing would be nice, because I was just about to go buy the old one on PSN when it was brought down. But that is just my opinion. They don't really owe us anything, and if anyone does, it is the prick hackers that took it down.

Any company that holds so much information on you, owes you to protect it. I don't own a console at the moment, but if my personal data was stolen, I'd expect apologies and stuff of actual value..

Good video btw, pretty funny lines (I know some people can't stand him, I think he's alright).

Strike three. I gave this show a chance, but if the first three episodes are this bad, I'm not even hoping for any kind of improvement, any time soon.

What baffles me, is a number of 'the previous eps were crap, but this one is good' comments. Really? Why? Is it nostalgia goggles, because you liked those two games he mentioned? I mean, okay. He got the point with those updates, but as in the case of previous episodes - it's nothing new. PSN outage was just a convenient excuse to rant about it, while the entire Internet is doing so for a long time now.

Also, I still hate his style. I know that all those high-and-mighty comments about him being genius were done ironically, but it still irritates me (probably because he sounds like the only person in the world I truly HATE, but whatever).

Oh, and this guy just looks disgusting. I suggest replacing himself on the screen with some animations, because God damn it, it's painful to look at him.

Okay, I'll stop wasting my time writing comments about show I'm never going to watch again. I'm outta here.

I remember Medieval, I had a demo of it although I stopped playing because it was dark and I couldn't figure out what the hell I was doing. I was pretty young then.

Frozen Donkey Wheel2:

and yet you watched it...So many people giving Sterling venom yet they continue to watch his show his first 2 escapist ones receiving more comments and views then like 99% of escapist material...

Weasker:

Frozen Donkey Wheel2:

I only know the first and the last, sorry, not from the USA, but those people know what they're talking about.

Well, so does Extra Credits, and they do it without desperately trying(and failing) to offend me.

Nupraptor:

WilliamRLBaker:

Nupraptor:

Sony removed the "Other OS" option with no choice of leaving it in for those who wanted it. They drew 1st blood against people they should have know not to mess with.

actually pirates and hackers drew first blood George announced last year that he had found the access he needed to break ps3 wide open and that was using the other OS option Sony then removed it.

Doesn't change the fact they removed a feature from the console [1 which I know was a deciding factor for some people on weither to buy a PS3 or 360] and in doing so annoyed people you don't want to annoy when it comes to computing things.

it matters in the fact you said they drew first blood...etc when they didn't hackers and pirates drew first blood like pretty much always.

This show is great, how about we dump Lisa and her stupid Top 5 crap and Jim takes her place ?

WilliamRLBaker:

Frozen Donkey Wheel2:

and yet you watched it...So many people giving Sterling venom yet they continue to watch his show his first 2 escapist ones receiving more comments and views then like 99% of escapist material...

I'm sorry, would you rather I said he was bad WITHOUT watching it first? Would that be better?

It was less horrible than the last two episodes- less of a crazed Yahtzee-impersonator. I'm glad to see the lack of crude MS paint drawings.
Although I will say this... until you learn to comedically time your swearing, just stop. Whenever Yahtzee swears, he gets plus points for humour. Whenever you swear, which I'm sure is for humour, it gets you negative points because you come across as trying too hard.
Still not exactly controversial like Extra Credits, and still not serving a purpose like Movie Bob, but a darn sight better than what it was.

NinjaDeathSlap:
I want Medieval 3 more than I want to become part of the mile high club... with Kiera Knightley... and Gemma Arterton... at the same time!

That is some strong desire my friend.

You know, this one changed my opinion of the series. I ignored the last episode and couldn't finish the first, but I watched this one simply because I'm researching the topic and was genuinely impressed, not necessarily by whether any of it made sense, but by the comedy of it. It's not the most original comedy, but it made me chuckle, and that seems to be what it set out to do. Over all, still way better than Game Dogs.

Great opening joke, yeah mock the offended who railed against you, the evil jimquisitor.

i don't believe that releasing remakes of old games will really redeam them if you what redemption in my eyes figure out what happens fix it give out new credit cards to all the people who put in there information AND MAKE SURE THIS DOS NOT HAPPEN AGAIN.
honestly we really just need dependability that's one of the reasons i bot a ps3 because it never gets red rings(or equiliant) what we want is dependable entertainment
o and if you want to replay a game just replay a game you don't need a remake.

nice episode you got there... Ssssshame if something would happen to it...
Anyway, yes, it was a good episode for once, production value have gone up which is always good to see. Still need to work abit on the poor resolution but i guess that's because i'm not in the Publisher's club. Audio went up, could be better but it was atleast not horrible like the first ones were.

Overall preety good. Just too bad i still have no clue of your schedule of makeing these videos :P

I agree with the other products Jim. Good work improving your videos to keep the standard of English talent on this website. Its much better when you are not spewing profanity like caffeine addicted tourettes suffer. Good luck with future ventures based around current issues!

Good points? Possibly, I don't have a PS3 and sure as hell won't buy one.

Entertaining episode? No. =/

Frozen Donkey Wheel2:

WilliamRLBaker:

Frozen Donkey Wheel2:

I'm sorry, would you rather I said he was bad WITHOUT watching it first? Would that be better?

Just ignore people who say "Don't like; don't watch". The "logic" behind that statment brakes down very fast.
"Don't like what I have to say about not liking it? No one is forcing you to read and comment on it".

OT: Good points, I know how anoying updates are. Never heard of those games though.

Alphakirby:

erbkaiser:
Okay Jim, this one was much better. I will give this series a chance after all. Hope the fourth one continues like this one -- not the previous two.

Less atrocious ranting, audio was more clear, and video looked better*.
The calmer speaking helped a lot as well.

Doesn't hurt that you have me agreeing with you either! Especially the endless updates...

*At least in the high quality version, the video is sandboxed with black bars on all sides.
//Edit: only the HQ version apparently so this is probably not your fault.

^ This

I must congragulate the Jimquisition for saying something logical for once. Fuck. Those. Firmware. Updates.

Indeed. *brings out pipe and monocle* I agree with you good sirs.

This episode was.
Better.
Much Better.

That is all.

I like you now.

Your sunglasses are very pretty

Honestly think it would work as a podcast. Not so sure how I feel about it being a video. But it wasn't so bad when I just listened to it. Which you can do. You can just not watch the video.

The visual thing works for Yahtzee because... well he makes it funny. Bob is usually showing you clips of movies, which works. Extra Credits uses it to help explain stuff, which in some cases is necessary. Lisa... well, Lisa is purdy. I don't feel like the video part adds much to Jim's stuff.

plank_man180:

NinjaDeathSlap:
I want Medieval 3 more than I want to become part of the mile high club... with Kiera Knightley... and Gemma Arterton... at the same time!

That is some strong desire my friend.

I agree, that doesn't sound healthy to me man...

OT: Great work Jim, you managed a whole episode without making a single chauvanist comment! Unfortunately you ruined it by spending the entire episode talking about things that you like, and pointing out the obvious.
This show doesn't really fit. it fails to be helpful and informative, but equally it fails to be entertaining. and as such it's just kind of Bleuuuuuuuuurgh...

Can we seriously not have Lisa back? seriously???? she was funny, dammit...

Frozen Donkey Wheel2:

Weasker:

Frozen Donkey Wheel2:

Well, so does Extra Credits, and they do it without desperately trying(and failing) to offend me.

Sorry, did it sound like I said Jimquisition knows what he's talking about? because I didn't mean to say that.

Hahaha very amusing I will continue to keep my eye on this show.

Right from the start of this video, you've reinforced your self-given title, "gaming's biggest douchebag".
At least you're consistent.

Unlike the previous two I actually quite enjoyed this episode, kind-of random but I agreed with much of what you said, there wasn't too much swearing and THANK GOD no more dick pictures :-P

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here