Jimquisition: How Sony Can Make it Up To You

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Yeah! He's saying what everyone is thinking!

At least, what I've been thinking. I literally almost paid $70 to import a copy of Tomba, I only hesitated because I wasn't sure if it would be in English or Japanese.

And the firmware updates have always annoyed the piss out of me.

"Oh look, time for a system update!"
*takes 12 minutes to download*
"Oh look, it's finished downloading!"
*takes 6 minutes to install*
"Oh look, I can FINALLY sign in!"
*takes 2 minutes to resign the agreements*
"Oh look, I'm done! What was the firmware update for, anyway?"
*latest update allows user to change the color of the font on the XMB in certain themes from bone white to mother of pearl*
"FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU"

Epiphany, guys.

Jim is kinda like Steven Colbert. If you don't understand that his douchebag, self-centered behavior is just an act, in the same way that Colbert's all-knowing yet idiotic comedy is just an act, than you're going to get all tight in the underpants about it. If, however, you recognize the act for what it is, than it becomes more enjoyable.

Still, his sense of humor is still a little too...rough for my tastes.

I like this series i don't know what u guys are saying

but i tell how they could make it up to psn

PERSONA 3 AND 4

OH MY GOD! I COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT TOMBA! Thank you Jim. You are awesome.

TOMBA yes! It was the second game I ever played on the ps1 (first was spiro) and I was pumped ... it's like the early form of lbp.

I think Jim's realized just how much people have hated the previous episode, and seems to address that in this video... By saying how awesome he is and how only his opinion matters.

Yeah, he certainly knows how to address the nay-sayers.

The only things Sony should do are:

1. Pay any fees associated with the theft of someone's ID
2. Refund the cost of PSN plus to those affected by the outage.
3. Pay the companies losing money from the outage some cash out of pocket as a good faith gesture.
4. Get a secure network

That's it. If you don't pay for a service you aren't entitled to anything when it doesn't work. That's why free is free.

Oh and after watching 3 episodes of this... I can safely say I won't be back. His shows are shit.

I remember Tomba. It was one of 3 demos that came along with the PSX I got way after release date. Due to lack of funds at the time I just had enough to buy FF7, so the demo disc got a good amount of play.

yeah... If you had all; three of your points serious I probably would have hated it but yeah, the htird point is legit.

THe pretentious asshole kinda' was put aside for a moment unless i missed all your subtle bullshit.

Guys!I see all this love to Tomba! But where's the love for Medievil? I would totally forgive Sony for a third one! That game was so awesome.

And these movies are growing on me I have to say. Still gonna take a few episodes to see if they will be part of my weekly escapist viewing or not.

I'm still not happy about The Escapist hosting Sterling, but I'll take boring and pointless over mysogynist and troll-ly any day. If he stays like this it might be possible to simply ignore the guy.

Still nothing special, meh.

Draconalis:
Needs more Suikoden.

Fucking yes.

I'm really glad to see that Jim is taking his criticism on board, each video so far has been a huge improvement over the last. The calmer talking made it easier to stay interested and the videos flowing in the background meant they weren't as jarringly interruptive as they weer in the last. I admit that I have no idea what the point was with the longer clip from about 3min in, since I haven't seen the original. So maybe mentioning it in the narration or letting a small portion of its audio relevant to your point through mightn't be a bad idea.

Overall, I have gone from absolutely loathing the first video, to the second video making me think it is worth a second shot, to the third video making me actually look forward to the next. Good job.

I enjoyed this episode, I like the ignorant, egotastical persona you have going, and less MS paint drawings, with more other visuals helped break the thing up, although I don't have a PS3 so it didn't really matter to me one way or the other, I was entertained.

Actually, I suspect those 3 wouldn't cut the mustard for most. What would work for Sony in getting people to forgive them is:

1. Free cross-game voice chat
2. PS2 software backwards compatibility firmware update (lawl... irony!)

A huge improvement this time around, accepting that people haven't liked his previous stuff.
Saying what people are thinking but haven't already said is a move in the right direction.
Sadly i can't take anyone seriously if they say 'skelington' rather than skeLEton.
7.5/10

The first video of the series that I've been able to watch all the way through. While this one did have original content I still do not like it as much as other series here. I know the self-centred attitude is part of the theme of the series, its just not funny to me. The swearing also seems excessive and makes the whole video seem childish. I will be giving this series a few more chances though.

Jim seeks out heretics to burn? HOT DAMN!

Verlander:

Archmike:
The problem I think he's having is that British humour doesn't translate well over to you fellows in the colonies. Hence why you get utter travesties like the US version of Red Dwarf >.<
To me it's fairly obvious the arrogance is a put on, it's definitely a joke to cover up insecurities. I do it all the time and I'm utterly wonderful :P

I think he's brilliant, keep it up dude!

It's not British humour. I'm not only from Britain, but the same part of it as he is, and his points are just too off the mark for a lot of people. It doesn't have anything to do with the humour he's using.

This isn't Red Dwarf, nor is it Monty Python or The IT Crowd (or the insanely huge list of incredible UK comedies). On the plus side, I don't think it's trying to be any of those either.

If people like it, that's great. If people don't, they should be allowed to say so. After all, isn't that what a democracy is about.

Sure we are! So I will. I still don't like it. Again it's nothing I can really put my finger on but it just does nothing for me. It's not entertaining, it's not funny. Those are really the only two prerequisites I have to wanting to spend energy on something for well, entertainment. (being penis free this time was a plus tho'. As amusing as he must think it is to play with Duke Nukem's scrotum it's not so much fun to try to watch. Just sayin') The joke at the haters in the beginning was a gamble. One one hand it's always a great idea to take a weakness and turn it into a strength. One the other it admits that there's a huge glaring weakness to begin with and it involves a prospective viewership. Oops. Speaking for myself, as we say in the "colonies" (seriously, colonies?), that's three strikes and you're out. (of my mind anywho.)

Please pull the plug on this series.

chif-ii:
Epiphany, guys.

Jim is kinda like Steven Colbert. If you don't understand that his douchebag, self-centered behavior is just an act, in the same way that Colbert's all-knowing yet idiotic comedy is just an act, than you're going to get all tight in the underpants about it. If, however, you recognize the act for what it is, than it becomes more enjoyable.

Okay wow. Um, I can't believe you drew that comparision for like a zillion reasons but I'll keep it to one and make it simple okay? Stephen Colbert is not just funny but even in his most aggregious rants he still seems almost annoyingly likeable. I can not believe you compared those two.....seriously.

oh....wow I actually HAVE a copy of tomba....obscure games FTW!

why do people keep saying that our opinions of the show don't matter?

anyway, better, but I still find it lacking in terms of the content caliber. And I still just find Jim a very grating person to listen to.

I'll watch if more are like this, a non touched subject here and good points brought out, but if you damn dare to go back to the original videos then I won't watch ya' man

GLo Jones:

if the PS3's infrastructure wasn't fucking shit

This really got me, excellent video!

Also, I hope I wasn't the only one to cry out "YESSSS" the moment he said 'Tomba'.

Oh you weren't. The downside being that we're almost out of cake and tickets to Jonestown....

Perhaps they think that most of us are going to laugh every time he says something sarcastic and "epic". All this "self-realized internet troll" stuff is getting really old. I really think the escapist should save their money and get something better/more interesting on here.

I didn't laugh at all, or find anything mentally stimulating -- I know this isn't TED.com, but seriously, when I clicked on "ways Sony can fix things" I was at least hoping for something related to the actual topic, and not just "Sony should revive X game that I used to like back in the day" -- because clearly that is non-sequitur. I think they added this segment to appeal to middle school kids.

One thing I liked though was Tomba. I played it on the PS1 demo disc and enjoyed it. Is that enough to make this series good however....

best episode so far
love how you have no regard for other people's opinions but your own
showing that there is no real consensus about anything in the gaming world
no matter how much the haters would want it

See what did I tell you, drop the white background and everything gets better; you didn't need to lose the sunglasses though.

Third time is a charm.

jovack22:
Perhaps they think that most of us are going to laugh every time he says something sarcastic and "epic". All this "self-realized internet troll" stuff is getting really old. I really think the escapist should save their money and get something better/more interesting on here.

I didn't laugh at all, or find anything mentally stimulating -- I know this isn't TED.com, but seriously, when I clicked on "ways Sony can fix things" I was at least hoping for something related to the actual topic, and not just "Sony should revive X game that I used to like back in the day" -- because clearly that is non-sequitur. I think they added this segment to appeal to middle school kids.

One thing I liked though was Tomba. I played it on the PS1 demo disc and enjoyed it. Is that enough to make this series good however....

Honestly, I was half expecting him to come out with something like, "Sony should give us all coupons for free cheeseburgers for the next 3 years" something inane like that.

The firmware updates are obscene. They don't do anything but annoy paying customers.

Lord knows they didn't stop me with the PSP :/ (and before verbal flogging about piracy it was just so I could play my PS1 games on the go).

Edit: Man I was looking through this forum thread. Whole lot of people who think they are far more important than they are O.o

"Oh Jim. I think you've lost my viewership. Please try to maintain your tears till after I'm gone."

They should just add a reddit vote system to help cull pages of self righteous snobbery.

I don't like soap operas but I don't shit all over soap opera comment sections even if the soap is hosted on the same channel as a show I really like.

gamer_parent:

Honestly, I was half expecting him to come out with something like, "Sony should give us all coupons for free cheeseburgers for the next 3 years" something inane like that.

Ya I agree.. it wasn't THAT low brow this time... still nothing special. And I'm all up for some low-brow here and then, but it just seems like he's trying way too hard to be something he's not.

chif-ii:
Epiphany, guys.

{sarcasm}OMG! That's not an act! Next thing your going to tell me is that Angry Video Game Nerd is a fake character! He is another angry customer just like the rest of us. Or that Yahtzee isn't the real name of the Zero Punctuation character. You are such a troll{/sarcasm}

...Sorry for that. I agree, some people have their nickers in a bunch for no real reason.

jovack22:

gamer_parent:

Ya I agree.. it wasn't THAT low brow this time... still nothing special. And I'm all up for some low-brow here and then, but it just seems like he's trying way too hard to be something he's not.

Actually, I lied. I was actually expecting him to say something far cruder, but I didn't want to trip any wires and get modded for the contents of the posts.

If Sony continues to fight a losing battle that only hurts legitimate costumers... it will continue to be a large software company.

This series is silly and I'm not watching it any more. I would have a much better experience out of watching myself talking about myself, and I dress my suit better.

This episode was much better. Keep up the good work, Jim. ;-)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here