Trailers: The Witcher 2: Living World

Pages 1 2 NEXT

The Witcher 2: Living World

The people and the world react to the time, the weather, and Geralt in The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings.

Watch Video

This game just keeps looking better and better.

looks really cool but still no dice for me

At this point nothing can make me even more hyped for this game.

Looks 1million times better then that old republic BS mmo everyone is drooling over

I wasn't too interested at first, but this is starting to look really cool. Here's hoping there's a lot of variety in what the villagers do and say. Though I suppose even a limited palette of actions would be just fine for a few playthroughs.

ionveau:
Looks 1million times better then that old republic BS mmo everyone is drooling over

lol, Witcher 2 is a single-player RPG. Odd that you would bring up an MMO.

ionveau:

How are they even comparable games? One is an MMO and the other is an action RPG >.>

OT: Game is looking great. I'm buying the first on GOG tomorrow to play it and see how I like the series. I won't be picking up the second anytime soon though. I need a new computer for that.

Reminds me of Shenmue. And there is no higher praise. :)

*insert obligatory Bioware hate rant*

This game is looking good! ;D

The majority of that was in the first game but it looks like a lot of it has been refined and damn the world looks good.

It really comes to show that CDProjekt RED really cares for their fans and as far as I've noticed they implemented and optimized this game for PC from the very start.Also creating a new fresh engine just to make those superb graphics.

It's one of the main reasons I've preordered it already.And also due to the fact that I've been hyped up for this game since it's official announcement.

7 more days people! S.E.V.E.N more days.

..Holy shit.

I need to keep working on beating the first game, damnit! Need to be ready. >.<

Nice nice. I hope this game sells well. It'd send a real message

The more I see of this the more I hope that the rumor of a console port coming in a couple of months is true. Otherwise I might just have to save up for a computer that doesn't have the processing power of rock so that I can play this.

That looked brilliant. It reminded me of S.T.A.L.K.E.R how good those interactions were. However, STALKER is still the best for showing off a persistent world.

If this were any other game, it would be showing its "visceral, epic combat" or "boobs". While Witcher 2 does have those trailers, it doesn't have much. Most of the trailers are showing the environments, the world, the story, and the people.

God damn I want this game so badly. Right now. Only possible way I could be more excited for this game is if it was set in space.

well this makes me feel much better about my preorder for it, I was having a few doubts but now Im solidified in paying much out the ass for the big edition

I'm still not sold, I'll have to get my hands on it or wait for the reviews. I've been trying to play The Witcher 1 and it's been like pulling teeth. But I see potential in the first one so that means I'm going to keep high hopes for the 2nd one!

Veloxe:
I'm still not sold, I'll have to get my hands on it or wait for the reviews. I've been trying to play The Witcher 1 and it's been like pulling teeth. But I see potential in the first one so that means I'm going to keep high hopes for the 2nd one!

I recommend you stick with it. I had to have 3 tries to really get into the Witcher, but when the ball finally started rolling...man what a ride. One of the best RPGs I have EVER played.

TheComedown:
The majority of that was in the first game but it looks like a lot of it has been refined and damn the world looks good.

Mostly what I was going to say. Refinement can be good! I am itching to do the pre-downloading very soon. Not to mention playing in a week!

tzimize:

Veloxe:

I recommend you stick with it. I had to have 3 tries to really get into the Witcher, but when the ball finally started rolling...man what a ride. One of the best RPGs I have EVER played.

Yeah it payed off for me as well. It did play the first chapter. Then sat on it awhile before continuing. It was worth it!

Zer_:
This game just keeps looking better and better.

agreed, it looks like the best combination of fable TLC, oblivion, and the first witcher all mixed into one sick ass game

still, holding my breathe for now on it until i've played it myself..

Its actually more akin to Gothic 3 or Risen, but minus the bugs and stuff.

I really didn't enjoy the first Witcher game, but I'll still buy the second one, I guess I'm a bitch/idiot like that.

Well, day/night cycles and altering NPC behavior is something they did in oblivion. Having a "living world" is nothing new. Still, looks like a very nice and well polished game, shame it's only out on PC.

Their "living world" doesn't sound anymore complex than anything in the old gothic games, so I'm not really impressed.

Nice graphics tho.

proctorninja2:
looks really cool but still no dice for me

so you dont like games with good gameplay, story, lore, graphics and combat?

but OT i have heard this living world claim before and it was shallow and lame.

but nothing in that video dampened my enthusism for the game.

The constant atmosphere in the video felt like a relaxation tape.

"Let all of your muscles go... ALL of them... And if you find shit-stains in your pants, you did it wrong, and you must try again. Breathe..."

As much as I am looking forward to the game, this video is hardly an impressive one. It's just a bunch of things we've all seen time and time again in RPGs...

We've seen most of this 9 (in words: nine) years ago in Morrowind [Correction: AverageJoe is right: It was Oblivion, 5 years ago]. Having a living world is a good thing to aim for but I expect to see a much more believable implementation. Recording hundreds of hours of NPC chit chat just does not cut it, you need to have more dynamic interaction not only a scale between lawful and criminal.

SensibleCrout:
We've seen most of this 9 (in words: nine) years ago in Morrowind [Correction: AverageJoe is right: It was Oblivion, 5 years ago]. Having a living world is a good thing to aim for but I expect to see a much more believable implementation. Recording hundreds of hours of NPC chit chat just does not cut it, you need to have more dynamic interaction not only a scale between lawful and criminal.

To be fair, The Witcher 1 did pull this off brilliantly. Whilst I did not play Morrowind, I found the NPC interactions in Oblivion to be... Disjointed, at best, whereas in the Witcher, they really did enhance the feeling of a real, living and breathing world. May it be that these NPCs were only placed there to complain about the rain, rather than lead dynamic lives, but it felt real nevertheless, which is more than I can say about the schizophrenic inhabitants of Cyrodiil.

Arachon:

SensibleCrout:

To be fair, The Witcher 1 did pull this off brilliantly. Whilst I did not play Morrowind, I found the NPC interactions in Oblivion to be... Disjointed, at best, whereas in the Witcher, they really did enhance the feeling of a real, living and breathing world. May it be that these NPCs were only placed there to complain about the rain, rather than lead dynamic lives, but it felt real nevertheless, which is more than I can say about the schizophrenic inhabitants of Cyrodiil.

+1

To call the world of Oblivion a living, breathing one would be giving it way too much credit. NPCs never feel like anything more than NPCs. They do feel like less at times, though. Like cardboard cut-outs that weren't properly outlined before being cut out. They're all very unlikable and soulless. Even Martin, who is supposed to be the center of attention throughout. It was much better in Morrowind when the voiced dialogue was limited. Clearly not Bethesda's strong suit.

If this comes off it looks like it could be the most immersive game mode ever, although I wished they'd changed the title cos

It's oblivion with better voice acting and the ability to actually play in third person. Considering that oblivion was trash after the first few hours that's not exactly a compliment.

Given the mindless hack and slash combat and, judging from the first game, sex related sequences it'll probably sell well to the 14 year old male audience (or those with the same kiddy mentality) but I think I'll wait for an actual RPG.

Looks great.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or