Pro-Gamer Gauntlet: Pro-Gamer Gauntlet: Pilot

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Love it! Fantastic stuff, looking forward to more!

Ehhh... cute. I'd watch the next one.

not the greatest episode i've seen on the escapist, but i do see great potential in this series!

Our schedule is going to be as follows:

One full-length episode every 4-6 weeks. Our full-length episodes are ~15 minutes long.

On the weeks that we don't have a full-length episode, we will release a 3-5 minute mini-episode involving some or all of the characters from our show.

Next week, we will be releasing all four of our full-length episodes that we have ready right now. Really, we've come quite a long way from this video. So, hopefully, you all will be pleasantly surprised next week with a lot of content.

Paul Hearding:

Next week, we will be releasing all four of our full-length episodes that we have ready right now. Really, we've come quite a long way from this video. So, hopefully, you all will be pleasantly surprised next week with a lot of content.

Uh, well, that's nice, as you guys are already mile above Jimquisition and The Show About Game Show, so knowing you get better can only be good news.

This made me laugh, so I'm definitely watching the next one :)

now you've done it
i thought to myself... that looks weird let's check it out next week
but then the very last bit... the rpg master badmouthing FF13?
totally destroyed the illusion

Heh, I do like that the RPG master has a sense of grandeur to him.

My my my aren't the escapist starting a lot of new features recently (PS : not a bad thing)

Interesting concept, funny, I like it

The "..and if it's the last thing you do" part had me giggling.

This was in the Escapist Film Festival this year, wasn't it? Is it replacing Creature Caster Masters? Either way, good stuff and I look forward to the next episode.

This show has me cautiously optimistic, I hope it can be better than the last few shows that came by here.

I... What was going on here, and where was the funny? I want the funny.

I'm liking what I'm seeing here.

Also, 'patch' assassin FTW!

I am looking forward to the next episodes.

Paul Hearding:
Our schedule is going to be as follows:

One full-length episode every 4-6 weeks. Our full-length episodes are ~15 minutes long.

On the weeks that we don't have a full-length episode, we will release a 3-5 minute mini-episode involving some or all of the characters from our show.

Please don't tell me you changed Retro. He had me laughing out loud more than any show I've seen on the escapist.

Cheesy overacting (when done correctly, the small glance at the camera kinda bumped me) I can dig. It shows the actors are invested in the idea and don't care who knows.

I'm not a huge fan of the chick, but the rest of the cast looks like it has potential for hilarity.

Looking forward to more, very good.
Only thing that bugged me was the Intro tune, why does every game related show recently have an 8-bit style theme? I get it, but its begging to become unoriginal.

What did I just watch?

Well, I know I shan't be watching it again.

Adequate. I wasn't exactly entertained, but it could go somewhere good once everybody gets settled into their characters and some plot gets underway. Short-shorts needs some stage presence though.

Excellent. I remember seeing this in the video contest and quite enjoyed it. Great to see it getting a full run. :)

itf cho:
Is it just me, or does the lady who played FPS look like she could be Graham Stark's (of LRR) little sister...

Nah, she looks nothing like Kate.

Anyway, I'm glad to see the viewer's choice from the film festival back on the site. Good on the staff for hiring you guys!

This seems promising. I wonder what The FPS Mistress's mission will be.
Also I wonder what The CEO is like.
Oh, ya and who was the first FPS master?

Intriguing. Definitely gonna give this one a few weeks to see where it goes.

That was really awesome! Keep it up!

Ignore the "that was crap" brigade. Unless they give constructive criticism it's not worth reading. You guys have a decent set up here, I personally cant wait for next week :D

Well, it's more promising than any show on the Escapist lately, but that's not saying much. I did like some of the jokes (the patching one in particular), it shows potential. Could go either way, since it wasn't a great episode by any means, but there's potential there all right.

I'll definitely check back on it.

Looks nice, really liked the RPG one.

I'm not exactly sure what the premise of this show is. It looks promising, but I hope things become clearer with the next episode.

I don't understand the people saying it wasn't funny enough. What do you want, just joke after joke after joke?
They were trying to introduce the characters and the concept here, and given the show's complexity I'm amazed they were able to do it in just 5 minutes.

rpg reminds me of brian blessed.
still its good and i want to see more of these ''gaming masters''.

its a bit cheasy but i love it give me moar naoo

OMG I can't stop laughing! (also yay for diversity :p )

Very nice, very nice. I look forward to future episodes. ^^

Random, silly, way over the top... perfect for geek television.
Considerably better than Jimquisition in both production value and entertainment. Any more new shows lined up?

Waaait a minute. This was in the film festival and got an honorable mention. It was my favourite of the entire festival, so I'm very happy to see it here, but I can't help but wonder how it got here??
Anyhow, now that you are on the payroll (I assume) that means you are vulnerable to constructive criticism, so here goes. Loved the script and can really see this show moving forward, a lot of story potential. But your performance needs work. The guy seriously over-acted, it felt like he rehearsed every line a few thousand times and performed it as quickly as he could to get it over with. I could tell, cuz that's the way I imagine I'd act in front of a camera. When I watch it, I'm very much aware that I'm watching actors trying to read lines, I'm not engrossed in the world at all, there's no immersion. I didn't see enough of the others to make any other comments. But regardless of a few minor setbacks, I very much enjoyed it, again, my favourite of the festival. I'm only saying this to help, you did say you wanted constructive criticism and these are things to consider.

Not getting a first impression. Especially when your "FPS Master" looks like Lara Croft when she hasn't even been in a single FPS game or situation. So umm bad costume choice there.

Retro gamer as they have said is way over the top to the point where it was bad and not corny or funny. You needed a straight man and there was no straight man or actors that run the business to make the quirky "masters" stand out to be hilarious. Instead it was the other way around and it made it look strange because you essentially had the person who is supposed to love FPS games only quirk be pull out a toy gun on Retro. While you had Retro be all quirky and anti-sociable yet he was supposed to be part of the backbone and experienced member of the group.

The script didn't help pick a role for Retro at all. One moment he was quirky and then small moments of straight man and it never works that way. Retro would be PERFECT for the straight man because he is meant to be the experienced one of the group of old games where he has a foundation and familiarity of all the masters where he can manage them.

Anyway just a critique of mine. Take it for what you will.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here