Trailers: Dark Souls: Release Announcement

Dark Souls: Release Announcement

Fight dragons, giants, and other monsters in October with Dark Souls.

Watch Video

200, Stream not found, NetStream.Play.StreamNotFound, clip: '[Clip] 'http://video2.themis-media.com/f81b2fa2ca6ff4f6602fd7defc5165fc/mp4/escapist/trailers/c5a233b4dd807c0cd78c497ef7d71ea5.mp4''

I'm getting that message.

bob1052:
200, Stream not found, NetStream.Play.StreamNotFound, clip: '[Clip] 'http://video2.themis-media.com/f81b2fa2ca6ff4f6602fd7defc5165fc/mp4/escapist/trailers/c5a233b4dd807c0cd78c497ef7d71ea5.mp4''

I'm getting that message.

It appears to be working now.

I love how a good portion of this preview is various shots of the protagonist getting murdered.

ace_of_something:
I love how a good portion of this preview is various shots of the protagonist getting murdered.

It's ain't the spiritual successor to Demon's Souls if you ain't getting murdered in several gruesome methods.

HERE'S MY MONEY! TAKE IT, TAKE IT NOW!!!

Time for Demon Souls (+ voice chat)! Now I just need to convert some relatives/friends to this game

Only the strong shall survive.

This fight will either make a hero out of me, or a broken wreck. Brace yourselves, everyone.

I've been playing some Demon's Souls quite by coincidence. When I learned the successor was just around the bend, I felt purpose fill my bones. :) Been soloing those Demons while the PSN has been down, and it's been a rough go of it. But I am succeeding.

Dark Souls looks to be more of the same.... Awesome. :D

Why the hell is this console exclusive?

I didn't know that console gaming is where hardcore, relentless fantasy-loving gamers are.

Kukulski:

I didn't know that console gaming is where hardcore, relentless fantasy-loving gamers are.

I don't know why it isn't on the pc but that is no reason to use the sarcasm.
Hardcore gamers are on every system. This includes consoles.
Try not to act like a dick in the future please.

I've had Demon's Souls for nearly 2 yrs. now and I'm barely at new game+. I need to get some practice in before this drops. Also I need to decide which console to get it on.

Shadie777:

Kukulski:

Wow, aren't you sensitive.
I'm not saying that "CONSOL GAMING SUXXX!!11 DIE NOOBZ!12" I was just pointing out that this game seems more suitable for PC to me. Relax.

PS: You haven't seen me acting like a dick yet.

Double post, sorry.

I really shouldn't laugh at the protagonist getting brutally murdered, because that'll be me in October.

This trailer made me rage quit and read a book!

Kukulski:

Shadie777:

Kukulski:

Wow, aren't you sensitive.
I'm not saying that "CONSOL GAMING SUXXX!!11 DIE NOOBZ!12" I was just pointing out that this game seems more suitable for PC to me. Relax.

PS: You haven't seen me acting like a dick yet.

You say I need to relax, yet you seem to be having a small rant at me.
I wasn't commenting on your opinion, just the way you wrote it. There are better ways of saying that you find it suitable on PC. Thats all I will say on this.

Is it just me or does this one seem even more unforgiving than Demons Souls? I don't know if watching the protagonist getting attacked, killed, rolled over, and squashed is a very good marketing strategy...or maybe it is. Lots of masochistic gamers out there.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here