Trailers: Fallout: New Vegas: Honest Hearts Launch

Fallout: New Vegas: Honest Hearts Launch

The Burned Man has plans in the Honest Hearts DLC for Fallout: New Vegas.

Watch Video

can't wait to get this, also, wondering how they are going to do those 1911s are they adding 45 ammo? or useing 10mm, realy hope they don't have it shooting 9mm

Should have known he'd have a DLC to himself after all the song and dance they made about him in the main game.

Fucking finally, there was so much hinted about him in New Vegas he had to come up at some point, just like Father Elijah.

Daveman:
Fucking finally, there was so much hinted about him in New Vegas he had to come up at some point, just like Father Elijah.

Who is he?
O.T. It looks pretty cool may have to fish out my copy of new vegas now.

THE BURNING MAN LIVES!

Took them long enough. Alright Joshua Graham, you have my attention.

Isn't the Burned Man supposed to be, more or less, the evilist bastard alive (or dead?) He seems like sort of a righteous figure here.

EDIT: Yep, here's the quote: "Though he was neither a particularly brilliant strategist nor tactically flexible, his menace and brutality were infamous; the atrocities he committed made him feared by friend and foe alike."

Chaza:

Daveman:

Who is he?
O.T. It looks pretty cool may have to fish out my copy of new vegas now.

Father Elijah is the ex-leader or the Brotherhood of Steel faction in New Vegas. He kinda went crazy and disappeared. Then you meet him in the Dead Money DLC. It's not much of a spoiler as you kind of find out about 2 minutes into it.

Awesome, I've been waiting for an open world dlc for ages now. Dead money wasn't bad, but it was all so linear...

I prefer to buy these things on disk rather than xbox live, but i can't find anything anywhere online that says its being released on disk... not even on Bethesda's website... why are companies deliberately vague about these things?

-Drifter-:
Isn't the Burned Man supposed to be, more or less, the evilist bastard alive (or dead?) He seems like sort of a righteous figure here.

He and Ceaser started out as Missionaries trying to convert tribals if memory serves right, maybe he had another change of heart after Ceaser though him into the Grand Canyon.

-Drifter-:

He was Joshua Graham. He was a Mormon missionary in Arizona when he me Caesar who was then a Follower of the Apocalypse.
When he and Caesar were captured by a tribe who were going to be destroyed by other tribes, Caesar who was a smart guy taught them about tactics, how to maintain and properly use the guns they had, and just how to be really good at killing things. This was the start of the Legion.
Graham became Caesar's Legate (General).
When he failed to take Hoover Dam, Caesar had him covered in pitch, set ablaze, and thrown into the Grand Canyon.
He understandably doesn't like Caesar much anymore.
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/The_Burned_Man

Weird... this trailer, and the L. A. Noire trailer that's next on the list, both have a character claiming to be the 'right hand of god'. Is this another ARG?

O the spoilers from peoples posts, thankfully I've played New Vegas three times over already. The terrain looks ok, the tribals look interesting somewhat, but what I really want is a good narrative with the conflict between The Burned Man (bandaged man checking guns) and the New Canaan missionary.

The previous and first DLC for Fallout: New Vegas, Dead Money, was balanced in my opinion. The gameplay was good, narrative plenty engaging, especially for a fan like me, and items in it are cool. What I don't what is another Mothership Zeta. Crappy characters with no really importance to the story, which is already distanced with everyone know so little about the ship. And all those broken items.

As long as they avoid overpowered weapons and unnecessary risks to the games stability I'm buying it. Throw in some good narrative to accompany all the hints through FO:NV and Van Buren (A canceled Fallout game with lots of story elements that they used in FO:NV) and I'll probably love it.

TL,DR: here something I want escapist to report on, will it really be released on the 17th? I hear news that Bethesda and Sony have contracts that their DLCs from here on out have to be available for everyone at the same time. That means delays because of PSN issues. Can anyone find a reputable conformation/refute to this?

They have to make all the DLCs before they come out on disk like the fallout 3 DLCs that came out on the game of the year edidtion

They have to make all the DLCs before they come out on disk like the fallout 3 DLCs that came out on the game of the year edidtion

Jesus, they're not even trying anymore. What is this, more religious-cult rubbish? With every step Fallout takes it gets closer and closer to just being Oblivion. I thought New Vegas was fine, but Sierra Madre was laughable because it was so mediocre while taking itself so seriously.
Suddenly this 'two Couriers battling in the Divide' shit comes up and we're expected to have an idea of what the hell they're talking about, as if we quantum-leap into the body of the Courier and expect us to know him and his history. I used to RP him as the Wanderer having come out from DC but honestly that's no longer possible.

This franchise is just rubbish. I don't know if it's my lack of Fallout1 and 2, maybe causing me to miss out on some story elements, but I'd read the lore and honestly cannot tell just how the hell this shit attaches to the Fallout universe.

I'm confused, because I have no idea what the hell is going on, and as a result I'm just bored.

I should have seen Mothership Zeta as the warning sign it is, the death knell of the Fallout series.

That and Matt Grandstaff being a pretentious prick in recent posts:

"He also addressed concerns that the level cap increase might make the game too easy:

"And for you, I have good news. If you're concerned that the new level cap increases will make the game too easy for you, I've got a couple things to note:

1) Congratulations on being hardcore.""

Source:
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Ausir/Higher_level_cap_and_no_post-endgame_gameplay_in_upcoming_add-ons

/rant

I also RP him as the Wanderer but I noticed this (by noticed I mean spent LOADS of time on The Vault wikia) but I CANNOT WAIT! hehehehehehehehehehehehehe!!

Iexpected there to be atleast 3 DLCs for New Vegas already, they supported the crap out of Fallout 3.

Btw, I had a nearly completely bug free experience with both Fallout games, my specs just must suit the engine.

Did anybody notice The Burned Man seems to be voiced buy Morgan Freeman? ( Which makes sense because the main character is voiced by Gordan Freeman. Zing!)

Talk about being pretentious pricks :/

Relaver:
Did anybody notice The Burned Man seems to be voiced buy Morgan Freeman? ( Which makes sense because the main character is voiced by Gordan Freeman. Zing!)

actually he's voiced by Keith Szarabajka. he has voice acted in several different games and also played detective Gerard Stephens in the Dark Knight.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here