Critical Miss: F.E.A.R.

Pages PREV 1 2

Jonci:
The idea of Alma being an all-powerful psycho murderer loses it punch when you picture her as a redneck baby-maker.

I'm sure Becket is still plenty traumatized...

Canid117:

Jonci:
The idea of Alma being an all-powerful psycho murderer loses it punch when you picture her as a redneck baby-maker.

Just think about how Alma will get when she doesn't get her child support check on time!

Jonci:

Canid117:

Jonci:

Just think about how Alma will get when she doesn't get her child support check on time!

Somehow I feel that the redneck rapist imagery would make the final scene of Project Origin ten times more terrifying.

I thought seeing that Daniel Craig thing would make me not so crave ice cream. Because seriously, he's nice looking and all but NO. There's nothing appealing about that to me!!

But then I saw the Blue Bunny ice cream picture so now I want ice cream again.

I haven't had a strawberry shortcake bar in ages... But you know what I should try from the same brand? The chocolate eclair bar. I need to give that a shot.

Canid117:

Jonci:

Canid117:

Somehow I feel that the redneck rapist imagery would make the final scene of Project Origin ten times more terrifying.

Yahaa! Squeal like a piggie soldier boy! Mamma needs a new welfare check!

that...makes sense
about the same ridiculousness as the evil people existing in Resident Evil but not nearly as hilarious

I agree, Oakley would not approve!

On the off chance this is meant semi-seriously: There are several powerful, well educated women in the F.E.A.R. series. I would say the problem with first world countries in the F.E.A.R. Universe is not a lack of women's rights, but the fact that major corporations can violate anyone's rights on a whim. Especially psychics. What would you call psychic rights activists? Psychicists?

game-lover:
I thought seeing that Daniel Craig thing would make me not so crave ice cream. Because seriously, he's nice looking and all but NO. There's nothing appealing about that to me!!

But then I saw the Blue Bunny ice cream picture so now I want ice cream again.

I haven't had a strawberry shortcake bar in ages... But you know what I should try from the same brand? The chocolate eclair bar. I need to give that a shot.

I have had that chocolate eclair bar many, many times. It is good, for the level of calories and fat it gives you. Coldstone is the best, but I can't find cookie doughn't you want some in any supermarket.

if that was what it was actually like in the game I'd be so much happier.

Well, now we know how Erin's rat got so chubby.

HankMan:
To bad she never got to go to school, I guess daddy didn't think that Alma mater...ed

I'm sending you the medical bill incurred from the epic facepalm I was forced to perform from that.

SYMBOLISM DECODED

Now we can all go home. Thank you for yet another critical public service, Critical Miss.

Imp Emissary:
Isn't Alma kind of, well....feral? Once you go past about age 8 and you don't have any or at least not much education the damage done to your mind is kind of permanent. There once was a feral child brought back into civilization. He was tought how to more or less behave and pick up on peoples non-verble queues, but he never learned higher functions like speaking or anything like that. Unfortunately If Alma was never tought anything at all there really would not be much hope for her. Sad really.

theres a difference between "education" and "human interaction" but yeah I see what you mean

Thedek:
I hope to God this is trying to be ironic.

Lol Of course it is. Don't worry. The folks on this comic know what they're doing.
Besides, no one in their right minds would try to make anyone care for a deranged, undead (kinda sorta?), demonic super-powered rapist.

Ian Caronia:

Thedek:

Lol Of course it is. Don't worry. The folks on this comic know what they're doing.
Besides, no one in their right minds would try to make anyone care for a deranged, undead (kinda sorta?), demonic super-powered rapist.

I think the idea is you're supposed to feel sorry for Alma but it's kind of hard to do so when she pops out at you every 30 seconds or so and shakes you around like a rattle.

Kurt Cristal:

HentMas:

HankMan:
To bad she never got to go to school, I guess daddy didn't think that Alma mater...ed

*badum-tish*

worst pun ever man...

i actually find funny that i know at least 4 girls that became like alma because of bad choices in their lives. :P

You know at least 4 girls who ended up becoming psychic commanders of a vast army of their own offspring? Yikes.

Ha! Made me laugh more than the comic (which was amusing; I don't think I've ever seen someone take such a massive crack at third wave pseudofeminists on a mainstream site).

Ian Caronia:

Thedek:

I figured but it's hard to tell sometime. Every time I here the word "patriarchy" used, though mostly in a modern context, I feel the urge to introduce the utterer's brains to daylight, in the vain hope direct oxygen will unstupid them.

She shares her food with the rat? Gawd. Also, hurray for not falling into the 'girl treats = chocolate treats' stereotype (not least of all because I'm allergic to chocolate).

Erin seems to be drawn more provocatively than usual

Jarrid:

Lvl 64 Klutz:
Now I need a strawberry shortcake ice cream bar. Thanks for that -_-

Forget that, I've got Blue Bunny.

Damn you! Now i want ice cream and all the shops closed one hour ago..

o so thats how it works, i didn't know she was pooping them out, thought they were just normal possessed soldiers.

Was this cominc suposed to be funny ;/
it isn't.

Quiet Stranger:

IndianaJonny:
Should have been a Daniel Craig lolly. If you can't beat the man, you can always lick him ;)

SERIOUSLY!?! that can't be real can it???

This completely ruins the FEAR universe for me

It looks so much like he's having a wank.

STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE BAR!!!!! YEAH!

STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE BAR!!!!! YEAH!

RelexCryo:
... There are several powerful, well educated women in the F.E.A.R. series. I would say the problem with first world countries in the F.E.A.R. Universe is not a lack of women's rights, but the fact that major corporations can violate anyone's rights on a whim. Especially psychics. What would you call psychic rights activists? Psychicists?

I think they are called "hippies".

In the parts of the F.E.A.R. universe that exist for me, only Jin Sun-Kwon makes a positive female role model. [Though her name smacks of dev team male chauvinism; take out the second N] All the other women operate with varying chaos settings. Alice Wade won't stay put and basically gets reduced to a MacGuffin, etc etc etc

Although, if Harlan Wade was Alma's father, then Alice Wade was Alma's sister and Point Man's (and Fettel's!) auntie... and so why did he/they kill her?

This is just a small example why I care not for the F.E.A.R. series after XP

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 54106)