Daily Drop: Star Fruit

Star Fruit

Hardly the treatment you'd expect for such a famous food.

Watch Video

stellar drop today guys.

That drop was out of this world!

What the heck is Monday's drop?

miquelfire:

Nerds?

Nice a splish splash drop.

I find disturbing the lack of crowbar lately :P still good drop.

Nice juicy drop, this fruit deserves to be dropped since it tastes like crap...

You guys really need to double the height you drop stuff from, to make it more interesting.

The next drop I'm guessing is either some kind of candy or sprinkles.

The juice coming out of that fruit looked pretty refreshing.
The drop for Monday looks like sprinkles...maybe.

I don't think they can go higher then they are Fursnake. How high is that ceiling where they are? But I guess they could go up a couple feet maybe.

Huh, kind of a weird split up the side there...

I wonder how many starfruit were ruined before someone managed to peel one perfectly...

That's one big honking starfruit. Why can't I get those?

miquelfire:

Fairy dust, obviously.

Failure
Crowbar is...on vacation apparently.

Ah, starfruit,

The fruit that tastes something like a cross between a lemon and an apple, yet tastes better than that description would make you think.

itf cho:
I wonder how many starfruit were ruined before someone managed to peel one perfectly...

Lol. I don't know if that's supposed to be sarcastic, but I've never seen anyone try.
You can eat the peel, so it isn't nessesary. (Nor do I think it'd work very well considering how thick & waxy the peel is.)

CrystalShadow:

Lol. I don't know if that's supposed to be sarcastic, but I've never seen anyone try.
You can eat the peel, so it isn't nessesary. (Nor do I think it'd work very well considering how thick & waxy the peel is.)

It is a rather thick and waxy skin, so I don't think we'd have seen all the juices 'splash' as we did, if it hadn't been peeled.

itf cho:

CrystalShadow:

It is a rather thick and waxy skin, so I don't think we'd have seen all the juices 'splash' as we did, if it hadn't been peeled.

Nah. I've eaten starfruits skin & all. The skin is thick, but the fruit itself isn't in any way hard. It's also hollow inside, so the fruit will squish if you squeeze it too hard.

I'm trying to think of something more familiar that you might compare it to, but I honestly can't come up with anything.

Actually, no, compare it to a Paprika (bell pepper). Only with slightly thicker skin, and a lot juicier on the inside.

If you cut a paprika in half, you notice a lot of empty space. That's kind of what you get with a starfruit.
It also doesn't look like a peeled starfruit in the footage.

Then again, I don't know from your comments whether you're speaking from experience or if you've never actually seen a real starfruit.

Pinstar:
Failure
Crowbar is...on vacation apparently.

You don't crowbar something that delicious.

CrystalShadow:

Then again, I don't know from your comments whether you're speaking from experience or if you've never actually seen a real starfruit.

I've seen 'em in my local grocery - never bought one though.

itf cho:

CrystalShadow:

I've seen 'em in my local grocery - never bought one though.

Ah. OK, that explains some of the confusion.

I've eaten them a few times. And looking at one will give you some idea of what they're like, but if you cut one open, or at least try squeezing one you get a different idea of what one is like than just looking at it.

CrystalShadow:

Ah. OK, that explains some of the confusion.

I've eaten them a few times. And looking at one will give you some idea of what they're like, but if you cut one open, or at least try squeezing one you get a different idea of what one is like than just looking at it.

Well, I know what just got added to the shopping list...

I posted this, because I though it would be related.

Monday- Nerds or Jimmies (ice cream sprinkles).

Mannnnn that drop has me craving a starfruit! So juicy! =)

Good drop. A riper starfruit (that one looked slightly underripe) for a larger splatter radius might have improved it, but good drop nonetheless.

Wow, that is not a ripe starfruit at all. And it now has me absolutely craving some starfruit. I'm hope you're pleased with yourselves.

You should get a way higher drop point.

You should find that fruit that grows on a tree will be very resilient to being dropped. Kinda designed to do that.

On a similar note, I'd like to make a future drop suggestion: Coconut.

You may need a step up from the cinderblock though.

Man, you can hardly find starfruit nowadays thanks to that international law that worries about pathogens.

I thought that star fruit wasn't in season until late summer.

That was it? I was soooooooooooo looking to see how a starfruit look like after the crowbar.

Tuqui:
I find disturbing the lack of crowbar lately :P still good drop.

They should totally have a daily crowbar. I know I'll dig it.

Drop was kinda average.

Issue13:

Well, consider that the entire series was pre-recorded over the course of 3 16-hour days several months before the series came out. They might have been in season at the time.

AdmiralMemo:
Drop was kinda average.

Issue13:

Well, consider that the entire series was pre-recorded over the course of 3 16-hour days several months before the series came out. They might have been in season at the time.

Excellent point. The intricacies of media production often escape me :) Now that I think about it, setting up production every day would be ridiculous.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here