Trailers: Star Wars: The Old Republic: Sith Inquisitor

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Sith Inquisitor

The Sith Inquisitor uses sabotage and subterfuge to master the dark side of the Force.

Watch Video

Loving the glowy eye effect for the stealth. Still wishing they'd put the facial expressions I know they have into this footage. Some more anger when shooting that force lightning would look nice.

Can't wait 'til E3. I want to play this and maybe be there when or if they announce a release date.

Looks very interesting, I really hope this game shines.

rsvp42:
Loving the glowy eye effect for the stealth. Still wishing they'd put the facial expressions I know they have into this footage. Some more anger when shooting that force lightning would look nice.

Can't wait 'til E3. I want to play this and maybe be there when or if they announce a release date.

I imagine these videos were all made a fair while ago.

And oh, how I wish she'd screamed "unlimited, POWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRR!". One day, maybe....

Woodsey:

rsvp42:

And oh, how I wish she'd screamed "unlimited, POWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRR!". One day, maybe....

Perhaps... it could be you that screams it *hint hint nudge nugde*.

Woodsey:

rsvp42:

Was just about to say... If this is current game footage then what the hell have Bioware been doing for the last six months. The animations looks really stiff and hollow.

Looks much better then the last set of trailers, the characters move a lot smoother, but they still have a way to go before it looks natural.

Daymo:
Looks much better then the last set of trailers, the characters move a lot smoother, but they still have a way to go before it looks natural.

You didnt like the beepboop movement of the melee classes?

OH GOD WHY IS THE ARMOR STILL SOMETHING FROM NIGHTMARE!

OK this was what I was expecting for a Sith class, looks awesome

Can't be a Sith without copious amounts of Force Lightning. It's in the rulebook or something.

Captcha: ketteco called. I wonder want he wanted?

If I were to ever play this game, Inquisitor would be the class for me. Deception FTW.

Doc Theta Sigma:

Woodsey:

rsvp42:

Was just about to say... If this is current game footage then what the hell have Bioware been doing for the last six months. The animations looks really stiff and hollow.

Improving game play and adding content from what I've seen. Very few people will nitpick animations while in classic MMO zoomed out rear view. Balance, content, and gameplay are more important, they can tweak the animations later. Honestly though, this is the best animation I've seen in an MMO. MMO's, of course, can't be as good as other game types.

Also I'd point to this:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/extra-credits/3201-Graphics-vs-Aesthetics

I'm a fan of SWTOR's aesthetics.

So how many class trailers are left? I wonder if we can expect a release date announcement any time soon...

Ya, like that's gonna happen.

I think I've found my class...

Not bad, but I've already settled on the Imperial Agent. Their starship is way cooler too.

Lol I saw that "Unlimited Power" coming as soon as she started talking.
Well, definatly gonna play this class, in about 3 years in a private server since I'm not gonna sell my house to pay for the game:D

I hate to say it... but that really looks like World of Warcraft: Star Wars Edition.

They've even got the shoulderpads...

Star Wars the Old Republic, you are doing it wrong.

Confirmation:

We have clothie. Repeat, We have clothie.

Doc Theta Sigma:

I think that stuff could be three builds old. The fan site summit stuff is meant to have been much better than those and that stuff is meant to be two builds behind the most current work.

Sixcess:
I hate to say it... but that really looks like World of Warcraft: Star Wars Edition.

They've even got the shoulderpads...

Yes... Blizzard invented shoulderpads... Words like Wizard and Sorceror too... and combat... and blasters?

NOBODY EXPECTS THE SITH INQUISITION!

TheKruzdawg:
Can't be a Sith without copious amounts of Force Lightning. It's in the rulebook or something.

Captcha: ketteco called. I wonder want he wanted?

I always wondered why no sith ever seemed to use any other element, or mode of force magic attack, other than "choke-a-bitch from across the room" and

Okay, now I have absolutely no idea which class I'm going to play as... It's so hard to decide!!!

Thedek:

Correction: EVERYONE expects the Sith Inquisition. NOBODY can do anything about it.

Fidelias:

Thedek:

Correction: EVERYONE expects the Sith Inquisition. NOBODY can do anything about it.

You ruined my joke ;_;... but... yeah... true enough.

Naheal:
I think I've found my class...

i found it when i looked on the Site....But this Vid...This is My Class...FOREVER

If there is one thing Star wars teaches, it is this: Force Lightning solves everything, especially people who keep whining about wanting a Kotor 3 instead...it also teaches lightsabers are awesome.

Sith Inquisitor so far looks to be on the list of classes I'm going to play as my main.

Still not going to buy the game, but at this point it really is only due to the fact that I can't afford more than one MMO at a time, and my soul already belongs to the Ruinous Powers (Dark Millennium). This video looks veeery nice in my opinion.

sir.rutthed:
So how many class trailers are left? I wonder if we can expect a release date announcement any time soon...

Ya, like that's gonna happen.

A lot of people are expecting the release date at E3. Personally, I'm not getting my hopes up, but... it's not unreasonable. That said, we do know it's gonna hit this year, so you could just pretend they said the release date's December 31st and rejoice about it being released sooner when you see the real one ^^

Thedek:

Actually, it's been pointed out to us by mr. Erickson that at this point - everyone expects the bloody inquisition :P

jonyboy13:
Well, definatly gonna play this class, in about 3 years in a private server since I'm not gonna sell my house to pay for the game:D

Your house costs 50 bucks? Reminds me of Scrubs:
J.D.: What the hell are you doing?
Bum: I need more cash.
J.D.: For what?
Bum: I'm puttin' DSL in my box.
J.D.: Fine! But know this: you've been nothing but a disappointment to me since the moment I ran over you.

OT: Freaking awesome video. So far looking like my main will be an inquisitor (really digging the voice actress as well, major plus), but have to wait for the Jedi Consular video to be fair :>

Is it just me or are they streamlining Star Wars in a more and more stupid way?

I mean, I was fine when they first came up with the whole Sith Thing. Like that everyone of them is called Darth, just like Vader. Or that they like to toss Lightning, as the Emperor did in the movies.

It is totally fine to me that they expanded the universe after the first three movies. But why did they expand it so little, but bloat it so much?

They barely added new stuff, from time to time it seems like they sat infront of the movies and said "Okay, how are we going to pull stuff out of our arses to get away with the least effort possible but come up with the most plot, resembling the stuff that happened in the movies?

And now they seem to take a turn for the worse by ironing Star Wars-Lore into the shape of your average Rogue-Mage-Priest-MMO.

Stealth? Since when can they do that? I mean with magic? Oh, sorry, Force. Yes, Force. Totally not like magic, just as Yoda said. Probably the Mediclorians make your skin cells invisible. And your clothes. Doh.

Probably I am giving this too much tought.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here