Trailers: Call of Duty: Black Ops: Danny Trejo

Call of Duty: Black Ops: Danny Trejo

The star of Machete talks about his role in the new zombie map pack for Call of Duty: Black Ops, Call of the Dead.

Watch Video

I usually have no interest in CoD, but I like Danny Trejo. He seems like a genuinely nice guy.

I didn't think I would want any of the BO DLC, but I might actually get this one.

I love the actor, but when he said "pushing the envelope" er, how is BO pushing the envelope of gaming in any way?

de5gravity:
I love the actor, but when he said "pushing the envelope" er, how is BO pushing the envelope of gaming in any way?

Yeah, I double checked that the video was about Black Ops when he said that, considering I can't tell the difference between screenshots from MW1, 2, or BO, and I've played the first two.

Ah, Danny Trejo, one of our generations few really underappreciated actors. I love the way he was convinced to play the part by his neighbours son.

I like Danny, but Black Ops is in no way pushing the envelope.

Still, I might get this DLC, I just like how cinematic they made it.

No interest in CoD, but I had to watch for Trejo. I love him as an actor.

Wow, lost all my respect to Danny Trejo.
I wonder if they paid him double just for saying "pushing the envelope".

RedEyesBlackGamer:
No interest in CoD, but I had to watch for Trejo. I love him as an actor.

Same here. I've never heard his laugh before either :-p

jonyboy13:

So the 25 years worth of filming respect you had for him was lost when you watched a 2 min video because he said a game was "pushing the envelope"
He clearly doesnt play video games, he said it himself Pong was the last thing hes played.
You're very fickle if you "lost all respect" for someone over something so trivial....

jonyboy13:

You... lost all your respect for an actor because he has an opinion?

Wow. Never go into politics - ever.

On-topic, I'm fairly certain what he meant with "pushing the envelope" is the fact that motion capture and all that jazz is improving and has been done especially well for this game. In case you folks didn't actually pay attention, note how he talks about his character looking the best etc etc. And even if it isn't true - since when is hiring an actor to do PR new or surprising?

you gotta love Danny Trejo, no Matter what he's talking about. And I love that joke about CoD being bigger than Pong I laughed so hard when he said that

I like Trejo. He has done some good movies and I'm sure he did Raul in F:NV and Trejo in the Def Jam games.

Karathos:

On-topic, I'm fairly certain what he meant with "pushing the envelope" is the fact that motion capture and all that jazz is improving and has been done especially well for this game.

That would have been my guess. People let their dislike of CoD colour their understanding a bit too much me thinks.

Pushing the envelope? I think activision actually believes that, and that they think time stood still since MW1 release. And all the people who actually play this shit.

Here, I will give someone my steam account with black ops and dirt 2 if I can remember my password and username

"Bigger than PONG?!?!"

LOL

At this point I'm not sure it really matters what Trejo says. If it comes out of his mouth I want to hear it.

disturbed_one:
Pushing the envelope? I think activision actually believes that, and that they think time stood still since MW1 release. And all the people who actually play this shit.

Here, I will give someone my steam account with black ops and dirt 2 if I can remember my password and username

Yes anyone would think this was some kind of marketting pitch. By a company... that wants to sell a product.

They also needed Tallahasee from Zombieland. (Woody Harrelson). Danny seems like the dude you'd have over for grilled steak or ribs every sunday.

........Call of the Dead...

I gotta call an Activision executive...

Oh Danny Trejo, how I love you. He sort of reminds me of my father, if my father was a Hispanic badass. Sadly, he is only Italian.

Call of the Dead's great, although I've yet to grace the power of Danny. I've always been stuck Sarah Michelle or Englund.

de5gravity:

Motion capture and animation, the former being used extremely well with the cod series in general, and the animation is actually rather amazing.

But I doubt anyone really looks at cod closely enough to notice.

dogstile:

de5gravity:

Motion capture and animation, the former being used extremely well with the cod series in general, and the animation is actually rather amazing.

Uncharted has that too, Devil May Cry had it. That's not really pushing the envelope in my opinion.

de5gravity:

dogstile:

de5gravity:

Uncharted has that too, Devil May Cry had it. That's not really pushing the envelope in my opinion.

Well, I don't care about cod enough to want to change your opinion. All are decent games anyway :P

Im a big fan of Danny and I was absolutely thrilled when his name came up along side those of SMG, Robert Englund and Michael Rooker(who is this last guy again?) as being a character in CotD. And as for theguy who said:

Hero in a half shell:

Ah, Danny Trejo, one of our generations few really underappreciated actors.

You said it mate! Danny's amazing and it really seems to me that he never fails to kick ass at whatever role he takes

AgDr_ODST:
Im a big fan of Danny and I was absolutely thrilled when his name came up along side those of SMG, Robert Englund and Michael Rooker(who is this last guy again?) as being a character in CotD.

Dam straight. I said pretty much the exact same thing to my buddy right after we watched the trailer. we got machete, buffy, freddy, and some random dude.

I also loved how he mentioned from dust till dawn an absolutely amazing movie.

jonyboy13:

Me too...also..."you know what?"

Too bad the game doesn't let you USE the fucking machetes :(

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or