Trailers: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3: America

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3: America

New York is once again under attack along with England, France, and Germany in this teaser for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.

Watch Video

I saw the videos on another site, it included Germany and England as well. At the end of each, there is a russian voice saying a number, followed by a sentence I can't quite make out. The numbers I have heard are 1(adeen), 2(dva), and 4(shateari). Anybody found 3?(It will be pronounced like "tree")

I hope you can actually use Night Vision Goggles in this one. It was practically the Mascot of the last one and you never used the damned things, except for one level. The First one used them perfectly (Everywhere)

I'm getting Battlefield 3 flashbacks

Also that teaser was very underwhelming.

[Haters gonna hate image goes here]

I'm excited. It will be fun, I'm sure. CoD definitely isn't perfect but I've always enjoyed playing them, and I doubt this will be any different.

Dang, and here i thought they were going to really mix things up and have American's fight Russians... ON THE MOON!

I am so excited now, and I just can't hide it!

Post-MW2: I feel like I'm forgetting something...

MW3 announcement: Oh, right... The US was being invaded... forgot about that...

The hype, will not, decive me again.

I shall play, then decide!

Really? The plot for Crisis without the aliens is the best they could come up with?

Thank you, but I am getting Battlefield 3 instead.

Really? New York again? Can we please have a different locale in the US that isn't Washington DC or New York? Maybe a war-torn San Francisco? Imagine having shootouts on a crumbling Golden Gate bridge.

Oh, and this is going to be an awesome year for gaming in between this, Uncharted 3, and Battlefield 3 among many others. Color me excited! :D

It's impressive that a 30 something second teaser can some up an entire.
So it'll have levels in a somewhat destroyed New York City. Original.
And it's clearly going to continue that ludicrous World War 3 storyline instead of something a little more realistic. Fighting an insurgency, or getting involved in a civil war etc.

buy teh haloz:
Color me excited! :D

As long as the color is some shade of brown or grey and is gritty and realistic ;)

Awesome!

Yeah a gutted IF isn't an inspiring thing.

CoD4:MW was a high warter mark for this franchise, it's been down hill from there.

swear down that was makarov's voice :) this will hopefully b good, hopefully being the optimal word here people xxx

Well, that was disappointing, not sure what they were thinking of there unless they wanted to show off their remarkable grasp of the colour green :/

FogHornG36:
Dang, and here i thought they were going to really mix things up and have American's fight Russians... ON THE MOON!

Nope, they are just pulling a crisis 2 now!
But without aliens in new york... such a shame. =P

Meh.I can't be bothered with more post Cold-War hysteria with this. I'm probably going to give it a miss.

Is it this time of year again? Oh well, I suppose all I can do is sit back and watch how dumb the gaming community truly is. I mean Jesus Christ people it's been 4 goddamn tiring years and this shit is still selling like warm bread whilst original and innovative titles are being pushed to the side. The faster we get rid of publishers the faster we can avoid turning the gaming industry into Hollywood.

Activision: "Okay guys, I know your team has lost so many people that the secretary is now the head developer, but you need to make a better game than Modern Warfare 2"

Infinity Ward Member #1: "Okay, what do we do?"

Infinity Ward Member #2: "Well, last year they had Russia attack Washington, DC. Maybe we can do something like that?"

Infinity Ward Member #1: "NYC is pretty huge in scale, why don't we have Russia attack that?"

Infinity Ward Member #3: "Isn't that a lot like that game Crysis 2 that just came out...?"

Infinity Ward Member #1 & #2: "Naaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"

Srsli, my care cup here is mildly empty.

Call of Duty is dead to me and I don't know who to blame.
I'll maybe get it if it gets good review after the release cuz hypes are deceiving.(Note that me buying this game will still probably not happen.)

Gotta love how that unfitting Activision logo comes before Call Of Duty

buy teh haloz:
Really? New York again? Can we please have a different locale in the US that isn't Washington DC or New York? Maybe a war-torn San Francisco? Imagine having shootouts on a crumbling Golden Gate bridge.

Oh, and this is going to be an awesome year for gaming in between this, Uncharted 3, and Battlefield 3 among many others. Color me excited! :D

That Happened in Modern Warfare 2 in the co-op missions

Pass for me. The last few CoDs have been rather dissapointing for me, and NYC has been done to death gaming wise.

I don't know about you people, but I could use a different game than Black Ops. Seriously. And for those dragging on about Battlefield 3, the demo's were the PC version and the campaign also takes place in New York. (Not to say I won't consider the merits of both)

Am I the only one who was hoping that we'd, you know, "Head to Moscow?" Like, really? Do we need ANOTHER FPS set in New York? Sure this is just a teaser but still...

Dom Kebbell:
Yeah a gutted IF isn't an inspiring thing.

CoD4:MW was a high warter mark for this franchise, it's been down hill from there.

so true, shame it will outsell bf:3 probably :(

nynyanynyanynanynaynayn (was just nyanrolled with the 6 hr version and just left it on, this is just enough text to not get low content wrath'd)

I hate the brink trailer.

For:

A: Interupting the video
B: Being Louder that the video, so my room mate told me to shut up.
C: Being Longer than the video

-____- '

*braises for more mediocre gameplay*

When I saw the word "AM3RICA" I stopped giving a fuck.

Well I stopped caring a long time ago.

Sigh... So far I've read too many people saying "Crysis 2 without the aliens". Look for those of you that seemingly don't have any long term memory (or didn't play MW2) the US got invaded. Its logical that NYC would get hit too. Also I've seen other trailers that are seemingly set in England and Germany. So stuff it.

Now I remember why I should never ever bother with teasers.

And MY GOD can we be done with New Frikken' York already? I'd rather rescue a hundred crashed blackhawk crews from behind the cliffs of a hundred Omaha beaches than be forced to visit that self-obsessed city YET AGAIN.

I'd much rather they go with a more restrained, MW1-ish style, rather than just doing nothing BUT steer through set piece after set piece on what is little more than a rail shooter.

I want to go out and be some special forces badass again, except not fucking retarded like Blops was.

AntonicKnight:
Call of Duty is dead to me and I don't know who to blame.
I'll maybe get it if it gets good review after the release cuz hypes are deceiving.(Note that me buying this game will still probably not happen.)

It WILL get good reviews. There'll be high profile scores of 9/10 to put on all the trailers and posters, and then about two or three months later there'll be articles from those same reviewers about "I know I just gave it a perfect score, but these are the list of flaws I want improving". I'd bet money on it.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here