Daily Drop: Sprinkles

Sprinkles

If you give a man a high-speed camera, he's going to want some sprinkles to go with it.

Watch Video

If the OP goes the direction I hope it does, we could have an Escapist version of "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie", one of my favorite books from my childhood. I think we should do this.

That looks like those demos of particle effects whenever someone develops a new graphics engine.
Surreal, some real slowed down so that it looks like something virtual depicting the real thing.

Burst out laughing after hearing Alex's sweeeeeeet. Then again at the demonic sweeeet in the slowed down footage

Really like that one. It never ceases to amaze me how majestic mundane objects are when falling in slow motion

That has to be the best Daily Drop ever! I thought he was going to do the whole bottle, then BAM! SPRINKLES!

Niiice. Would be better with even MORE frames per second, and possibly higher resolution as well as it was a bit blurry on my screen. Still awesome though.

[Edit]
Double post.

My God...it's full of sprinkles

I did not know what to expect but ooooooooooh spriiiinkles!
so pretty! :D

I do believe that Paul looks a little (or a lot) hung-over in this one...

That's not sprinkles, that's snow! :P

Not so sweet to clean up though... strange that so many of the sprinkles seemed to be white, the least interesting colour of all of them, a very cool air-filling expansion though.

fantastic drop

It's like a colorful splash that then turns into a colorful explosion.

Sweet. :3

So tomorrow's isn't in widescreen? Or did the aspect ratio somehow get compressed when putting the preview for tomorrow in?

Also I'm imagining Alex, rather than just saying "sweeeet", yelling "SWEEETS!!" as in, "MY EYES! THE SWEETS! THEY BUUUUURN!"
But that's just me I guess.

That must have been a pain to clean up. It was really pretty though. :)

Pretty cool drop.
You know what would have been awesome? A bullet time of the sprinkles! :)

The sprinkles in slow motion turned into a plethora of beautiful glitter that gave off an amazing shine. . . So purdy.

Very realistic particle efffects.

I pity those watching this in SD... though of course they know how to fix that defect. That was almost worth the sub alone!

Yay! More particle physics. :3

Extra Testing:

Lay down a pile of sprinkles and drop a cinder block on top of them!

That wasn't a sprinkle it was more like a hail storm :-p

The Colors!!!

Eridani74:
Niiice. Would be better with even MORE frames per second, and possibly higher resolution as well as it was a bit blurry on my screen. Still awesome though.

This is one of the few things that I've seen that would be GREATLY improved by an actual HD format. I coughed up money for a subscription, Escapist, HD please.

itf cho:
I do believe that Paul looks a little (or a lot) hung-over in this one...

He's probably sleep deprived. I remember on a LRR podcast that they did 14 hour days for a week doing nothing but filming dropped things.

Where is that show filmed? Would you be interested in someone doing some kind of flip onto their back? Because I can totally throw myself on the ground. Don't worry too much, I've just been fighting off sleep and it's almost 6 a.m. and I think I might have pneumonia.
I just spelled pneumonia correctly on the first try. Bam.

Its like the Big Bang!

Alex: Sweet!

Oh I see what you did there.

Book? :O

Youre gna find sprinkles in corners and behind things for years to come now

that was beautiful! it was like a rainbow waterfall!

Yay! Sprinkles!

Sony want their test footage back!

Fun one to watch. The sound was awesome!

LadyRhian:
Yay! Sprinkles!

Sprinkles! Yay!

Awesome drop! And the video itself ninja'd me with "Sweet!" Dangit!

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here