LoadingReadyRun: The Whole Story: Spam

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

TheBobmus:

Yaxley:
It's a shame it was only on the screen for a second because the buffalo riding a submarine was worth a chuckle.

Think it might have been a buffalo atop an overturned boat actually? Would make more sense in the context.

I though it was riding a blimp coming out of the clouds.

Anyway, as a History student I would like to point out the inaccuracy of the term Howler Monkey Shock Trooper as most were in actual fact not troops but mercenaries hired out from Japan. They choose to stay in Argentina afterwards due to the fact the only major occupation for a monkey in Japan was as a butler.

Besides that, an entertaining and informative video, much like Story Guy.

I really don't have words that I think can describe how well that was done.
You guys are like the History channel of triple A crap. : ) And thats great.

Where in Canada did you guys film this? Cuz the library scene looked a lot like Stauffer Library at my school, Queen's University. I think I would flip out if I knew you guys were there.

Great vid btw

And add another to the many reasons why I love Paul.

Yaxley:
It's a shame it was only on the screen for a second because the buffalo riding a submarine was worth a chuckle.

I think it's more of a capsized ship, as it would be more contextual.

So much funny! Never forget the Bay of Pigs!

Not the funniest episode I've seen, perhaps I'm more short jokes kind of guy. That meaning the joke and it's pun isn't far away. On a side note, spuck will be spuck on my mind for a while.

This really reminded me of the 'Overanalyzing the Obvious' segments on the Show About Games Show.

When I need to demonstrate the potential problems of outsourced material this is the video I am going to use. :D

Banvillin:
Where in Canada did you guys film this? Cuz the library scene looked a lot like Stauffer Library at my school, Queen's University. I think I would flip out if I knew you guys were there.

Great vid btw

As a rule of thumb, all of their videos are about Victoria area. Since that's where all of them are based, after all.

Reminded me of an uncyclopedia article and not in a good way.

A video played so straight, and done so dryly, it made me thirsty.

Lies! All lies!! There are no buffalo in America. Buffalo are found in Asia and Africa not America. That is a bison. Sloppy research. Other then that it's pretty much on the money.

I'm from Argentina and can only wish history was that awesome.

TheBobmus:

Yaxley:

Think it might have been a buffalo atop an overturned boat actually? Would make more sense in the context.

That does make more sense. See, it went by so fast I didn't even recognize it properly!

I'm glad someone finally told the true story about spam. Whenever anyone else tells the story these days, they always decide to cut out the part about the Howler monkey squadrons and the hauling of San Juan Island.

Amazying: "A tale of war, betrayal and howler monkeys."

If only history really had howler monkey shock troops. It would be so, so much awesomer.

Paul I love you like the son I never had but what where you on when you wrote this one?! It was great, weird as Hell but fun

-M

The video was meh but it made me think this...

"How many times did Graham fall over backwards with the camera?"

Someone should add all this crap to Wikipedia.

Thanks for that incredibly useful and accurate information, I am now enlightened about the "Invention" of the Protein Ingestion Generator.

Well kids that was todays lesson on troll history. Next up is proper construction and management of a anti-gravity machine using just buttered toast, duct tape, and your cat. if you have a problem with that go sit in the corner.

Nigel's black eyes are staring into my soul!

I was thinking Pig-lite was going to be Piglet, given language shifts...

left-tenant, not luu-tenant!!

That campus looks familiar, where is it?

How dare you lie to me? Everyone knows it took three days to paint the labels.

Also, amazing how the stupid talkie walkie gives credibility to whatever the walker says.

Wow, Paul. That must have been hard.

+1 respect, mate.

Delusibeta:

Banvillin:

Great vid btw

As a rule of thumb, all of their videos are about Victoria area. Since that's where all of them are based, after all.

This video was mostly shot at the University of Victoria, a common shooting location for LoadingReadyRun.

Paaauuullll! I'll be damned if he isn't getting more hansom every day. I would gladly have a sample of his luncheon meat any day. Groowwwl.

But truly, I love this video. The complete nonsense of it, so seriously delivered. And the detail to the supporting pictures, making them look so authentic. It's hilarious and brilliantly produced. Kudos.

That certainly sounds like something you'd get doing research offa Wikipedia.

Don't listen to anything Paul says in this video. If he were telling us real facts he'd be wearing a labcoat.

Another great video, LRR. Particularly liked the Story Guy vibe (been hoping for my stuff like that, even if it isn't 'popular' and 'accessible') and that amazing image of Matt.

I found a baconbush once but then I ate it. Wish I had another cause thats good bacon.

Dear Dr. LRR:

Was this video a take on that awesome old radio show "And now you know.......THE REST of the story." ? Cuz that would automatically make you all internet heroes in my comic book!

I will be damned if thats not what really happened.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here