Daily Drop: Softcover Book

Softcover Book

Behold, these heaving pages!

Watch Video

I would've loved to have seen what the mighty crowbar could do to that book. C'mon, look at the title of the book!

"The Challenge"

The crowbar takes offense to this and must restore its honor!

That was surprisingly more interesting than I thought it was going to be.

And before any one else posts it. I will.

The book...it's...it's alive!

I think that could have benefited from some additional testing, but oh well...

In the wide shot showing Paul dropping the thing, on the left side of the frame I saw a couple of bicycle wheels. Foreshadowing?

I want to see something burning next time... But alas, I can only dream. :/

That. looked. cool.
Rippling pages. in slow-mo. Love it.

Next up, Spaghetti?

I've got a small request, how about showing a collection of sphere shaped objects getting smacked by golf clubs on one episode? Could be quite fun to watch, with my suggestions for victims being:
Golf Ball
Light Bulb
Orange
A Kinder Surprise
and A Piggy bank.*

*Change and Dollars Optional

Huh... but did it deserve the abuse? I didn't recognise that particular book...

The best solution to not read a book...DROP IT.

It did wobble quite a lot, so that's good. Was expecting a more boring fall, but seems like fate favored the test-subject-droppers with a good drop this day!
Wait, what am i talking about?

ewhac:

In the wide shot showing Paul dropping the thing, on the left side of the frame I saw a couple of bicycle wheels. Foreshadowing?

I also see a fire extinguisher and possibly a jerry can

That sure was a page turner if I do say so myself.

D: Be glad none of those pages appeared to be folded or I would be very upset.

...I'm ashamed to say, however, that it was quite interesting to watch. But I can't condone this! *shameshameshame*

Love the way you can see the shockwave ripple through the whole book when it hits the ground.

And for those curious, this is the Amazon.com description:

She was shot protecting the president, and woke up naked, in the arms of a hunk...

... you know what, I think that's all I need to post. Really? You want more? Well, alright.

A hunk named Kahn, who told Secret Service agent Tessa Camen an outlandish story about traveling through time, saving the world, and a Challenge only she can accept. Kahn offers her proof she can't refute: Tessa has been brought forward through time to save Earth by winning an intergalactic challenge.

Kahn only has a few weeks to train Tessa to use the psi-abilities he insists she has. He is confident in the success of a time-honored method that uses sexual frustration to bring out her powers, but Tessa is dubious. She's a martial arts expert and can fight her way through anything, but she's never had much luck with emotions.

Luckily for Earth, Kahn can be very convincing...

Oh my god. This sounds like unintentional comedy gold.

Ok that was a LOT more interesting to watch than I first figgured.

The waves through the pages looks pretty cool actually.

I love romance novels. Not for their texts, goodness no, but for their COVERS!

The genre is a regular guest on Judge a Book by its Cover. It's also something thoroughly parodied. Very thoroughly. Very.

And here's my absolute favorite unmodified romance novel cover; you might have seen it before. I'll leave it to you to find out why I like it so much. Look closely, the problem is very easy to get a hold of.:) (Click image for larger version.)

The was surprisingly cool. Guess you can't judge a book by it's cover *trollface.jpg*

Formica Archonis:
And here's my absolute favorite unmodified romance novel cover; you might have seen it before. I'll leave it to you to find out why I like it so much. Look closely, the problem is very easy to get a hold of.:) (Click image for larger version.)

You have to love art revisions. Especially when they're rushed.

(Yes, that painting is a favourite of mine, too.)

My personal favourite thing about romance novels are plot synopses. They can be hilarious. But that being said, the most I've ever laughed at a romance novel was a double-feature thing. Sometimes they do this; they put together two romance novels and bind them in one book. It's not that much more expensive, and the price can be higher.

But you really should think before you pair (and put the titles back to back like this) "A Ladies Man" "Expecting His Brother's Baby".

Ouch, guys, ouch.

Formica Archonis:

I love romance novels. Not for their texts, goodness no, but for their COVERS!

The genre is a regular guest on Judge a Book by its Cover. It's also something thoroughly parodied. Very thoroughly. Very.

She has three hands. One he's holding, and two on the ground.

leviadragon99:
Huh... but did it deserve the abuse? I didn't recognise that particular book...

Shirtless guy with muscular chest, female author. Thats probably why you did not hear of it.
(I dont imagine its target audience being people who go on the Escapist)

You dropped a book?! Oh, now that's just abuse.

LadyRhian:
She has three hands. One he's holding, and two on the ground.

You win a cookie.:)

BlindChance:
You have to love art revisions. Especially when they're rushed.

(Yes, that painting is a favourite of mine, too.)

I guess if you gotta churn out X paintings a month with willowy white women being fondled by hairless viking men, you can miss the little details.:)

BlindChance:
But you really should think before you pair (and put the titles back to back like this) "A Ladies Man" "Expecting His Brother's Baby".

Ouch, guys, ouch.

Ooops.:) The dangers of butting heads!

it exceeded my expectations. completely.

Mmmm... Maybe it's just me, and I do apologise if this seems like trolling, but, The Daily Drop is starting to look a little stale, don't get me wrong, I've watched all of them, some are intriguing, clever, artistic and impressive, but... it's starting to feel like the idea tank is running a low.

It did give me an idea for a series "101 ways to destroy a PC", but that's still a work in progress, pending a Pyrotechnics licence!

Call it my two cents, but I'd like to see time invested in bringing back ENN, it was funny, as well as clever and we got to see a lot more of the LRR crew! I think it got a lot more views too! :)

SarChasm:
Mmmm... Maybe it's just me, and I do apologise if this seems like trolling, but, The Daily Drop is starting to look a little stale, don't get me wrong, I've watched all of them, some are intriguing, clever, artistic and impressive, but... it's starting to feel like the idea tank is running a low.

It did give me an idea for a series "101 ways to destroy a PC", but that's still a work in progress, pending a Pyrotechnics licence!

Call it my two cents, but I'd like to see time invested in bringing back ENN, it was funny, as well as clever and we got to see a lot more of the LRR crew! I think it got a lot more views too! :)

Unfortunately, too many people just weren't that interested in it, apparently. Also, all the Daily Drops were filmed over the course of about a week, so they're not necessarily running out of ideas now.

As for ENN, with the escapist's blessing, LRR is now making a show in the same vein for PATV called CheckPoint; first episode available here: http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/checkpoint/101/ :)

This should be one of those canonical "wow I didn't know it would do that" drops, like the binder coils.

Dawww... I was expecting the debut of "CHAINSAW IS READY"

That's way more interesting than I thought it was going to be. :D

Chalk that one up under the "unexpected" pile.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here