Miracle of Sound: The Mind of the Bat (Batman Arkham Asylum)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

bdcjacko:
Maybe it is just me...but the song goes on like 30 seconds too long. It is good...but a touch too long.

That's something I actually worried about. I know the hook comes in a few times, it was a tough decision on whether to keep or delete the last one, ended up keeping it as the ending felt too abrupt without it.

I tried to make the last chorus more interesting by varying the melody, to me that goes some way to avoiding too much repetition - but yeah it's something I'm thinking about for future songs.

Aw, no lyrics in the description?

MiracleOfSound:

bdcjacko:
Maybe it is just me...but the song goes on like 30 seconds too long. It is good...but a touch too long.

That's something I actually worried about. I know the hook comes in a few times, it was a tough decision on whether to keep or delete the last one, ended up keeping it as the ending felt too abrupt without it.

I tried to make the last chorus more interesting by varying the melody, to me that goes some way to avoiding too much repetition - but yeah it's something I'm thinking about for future songs.

But it is still good considering it came from an uncrusimatic bore. No but seriously at least you are trying and not flying off the handle because of some constructive criticism. Keep up the good work.

bdcjacko:

But it is still good considering it came from an uncrusimatic bore. No but seriously at least you are trying and not flying off the handle because of some constructive criticism. Keep up the good work.

Hey, spend some time as Megatron's Communication's Officer and you get used to listening to constructive criticism...

Seriously though... I do listen to you guys and read all the comments. Helps make better stuff that people want to hear!

MiracleOfSound:

bdcjacko:

Hey, spend some time as Megatron's Communication's Officer and you get used to listening to constructive criticism...

Seriously though... I do listen to you guys and read all the comments. Helps make better stuff that people want to hear!

This is the only constructive criticism I ever got from him:

Very catchy, I like it a lot, it captures the Batman quite well.

"Riddle me this, now, riddle me that..."

MoS is soooo much better then the old chick that used to make songs here. Each song sounds unique and makes sense with the games they are about. If these guys got an album I will buy at $20 just so I can support them!

Outstanding stuff. Haven't had a chance to comment on it until now, though being both a big fan of yours AND a complete and utter obsessive when it comes to Batman, I saw it the day it went up.

Great video, I love how you've used the pyschological sequences from the game.
Ahh... I'd almost forgotten how much I loved playing AA for the first time...

Roll on October for Arkham City and the inevitable song you'll make to go with it!

This song is FREAKING EPIC. Like seriously, ohmygod.

That was great! Didn't think you could make Batman upbeat.

I love it. I absolutely love it. Just had to keep repeating it the whole day while I was packing up my stuff for moving. Thank you for the song, it just completely made my day.

I wish to buy it, how can I buy it, I must buy it.

BUY IT

BUY IT

BUY IT

Boba Frag:
Outstanding stuff. Haven't had a chance to comment on it until now, though being both a big fan of yours AND a complete and utter obsessive when it comes to Batman, I saw it the day it went up.

Farotsu:
I love it. I absolutely love it. Just had to keep repeating it the whole day while I was packing up my stuff for moving. Thank you for the song, it just completely made my day.

Kazicun:
That was great! Didn't think you could make Batman upbeat.

Radient Star:
This song is FREAKING EPIC. Like seriously, ohmygod.

Thanks guys!) I'm super happy with the reaction to this one :)

Miracle of Sound, where have you been all my life? =D This song is amazing, and evokes the feelings I had when playing the AMAZING game that is Arkham Asylum. Good show, good show!

This song might actually have bested Necromorph Soup as my favourite of your songs. And I haven't even played Arkham Asylum. I guess I should rectify that.

Any plans to release your songs on other sites Miracle? I'm not really a fan of iTunes and Bandcamp wants me to use Paypal (which I am reluctant to use after a few issues using it on eBay). If there are no plans to release the songs elsewhere I'll probably have to bite the bullet with Paypal but I thought I'd ask.

Now riddle me this now, and riddle me that,
What happens if Shepard tries to take on the Bat?

I've come back to listen to this several times now. DEFINITELY my favourite so far.

But where are the lyrics? I wanna sing along!

Tharwen:
Oh, Arkham Asylum! That's the game... I would have played by now if Microsoft hadn't decided that I have no GFWL account...

steam? (GFWL is shit. : p) game of the year edition is 30 euros on steam.

Anyways: Yet another awesome song. : D

qeinar:

Tharwen:
Oh, Arkham Asylum! That's the game... I would have played by now if Microsoft hadn't decided that I have no GFWL account...

steam? (GFWL is shit. : p) game of the year edition is 30 euros on steam.

Anyways: Yet another awesome song. : D

I bought the GOTY edition off Steam, but it still wants me to log in with my (apparently non-existent) Live account.

Don't think I made the mistake of actively bringing the mess that is Games For Windows into my life.

Aeriath:
This song might actually have bested Necromorph Soup as my favourite of your songs. And I haven't even played Arkham Asylum. I guess I should rectify that.

Any plans to release your songs on other sites Miracle? I'm not really a fan of iTunes and Bandcamp wants me to use Paypal (which I am reluctant to use after a few issues using it on eBay). If there are no plans to release the songs elsewhere I'll probably have to bite the bullet with Paypal but I thought I'd ask.

They'll be released through the Escapist all together in a month or two! I'm considering Amazon too if I think it's worth the investment (costs me to put songs on there)

MiracleOfSound:

Aeriath:

They'll be released through the Escapist all together in a month or two! I'm considering Amazon too if I think it's worth the investment (costs me to put songs on there)

Awesome, thanks for letting me know. I'll keep on the look out for the news item on the Escapist when you release them.

MiracleOfSound:

How 'bout Bandcamp? A lot of indies release their music through that site. The service itself is free, though there's a revenue share, of course.

I adore your work, by the way.

P.S. Hope this one brings you even more fans -- you can't go wrong with a Batman song, after all.

Allan Foe:

MiracleOfSound:

How 'bout Bandcamp? A lot of indies release their music through that site. The service itself is free, though there's a revenue share, of course.

I adore your work, by the way.

P.S. Hope this one brings you even more fans -- you can't go wrong with a Batman song, after all.

I have a Bandcamp account! It's under 'Miracle Of Sound'. Bandcamp is super handy, and I actually sell more from it than I do on Itunes!

Thanks for the kind words :)

MiracleOfSound:

I have a Bandcamp account! It's under 'Miracle Of Sound'. Bandcamp is super handy, and I actually sell more from it than I do on Itunes!

And now I feel kind of stupid for not checking if you already have a Bandcamp account.

But Duuude, you should totally link there from your video descriptions! Or maybe even have a link at the end of the video, if Escapist allows that kind of stuff.

these songs are so catchy!

Alright, I've been listening to this for about 8 hours now. That is a really catchy song you guys got there. If you make a downloadable CD you got my money.

Genixma:
Alright, I've been listening to this for about 8 hours now. That is a really catchy song you guys got there. If you make a downloadable CD you got my money.

I'll be working with the Escapist on one in a few months :)

Allan Foe:

MiracleOfSound:

And now I feel kind of stupid for not checking if you already have a Bandcamp account.

But Duuude, you should totally link there from your video descriptions! Or maybe even have a link at the end of the video, if Escapist allows that kind of stuff.

We're going to be selling an album through the site at some stage, we'll sort all that out then!

Never having played the game, I wonder - what's up with Batsy during the "Look to the sky at night" part? Did he chuck a bottle of Smylex?

Monsterfurby:
Never having played the game, I wonder - what's up with Batsy during the "Look to the sky at night" part? Did he chuck a bottle of Smylex?

I'll use a picture to answer your question as it does the job better than any words!

very catchy. But then so are all of your songs. Ill be singing this song in my head for the whole week now.

It was an awesome song as well :)

I don't mean to be insulting Miracle, but I just find your voice oddly generic.

Just simply wow. I listened to this for the first time this morning and its been just overflowing from my head all day. I just cant get enough. I cant wait to show my my friend whos a huge batman fan, hes gonna love me and hate me for it too lol.

This is seriously the coolest song I've herd this year! Where can we download it? :)

Darthbawls77:
Just simply wow. I listened to this for the first time this morning and its been just overflowing from my head all day. I just cant get enough. I cant wait to show my my friend whos a huge batman fan, hes gonna love me and hate me for it too lol.

Good to know ;)

NineLives:
This is seriously the coolest song I've herd this year! Where can we download it? :)

On bandcamp.com or itunes, just do a search for Miracle Of Sound

please post your Gordon Freeman saved my life

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook