Zero Punctuation: Mortal Kombat

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Mortal Kombat

This week, Zero Punctuation reviews Mortal Kombat, if he isn't dragged away by the Australian government first.

Watch Video

I didn't like this one. Not that I take your reviews seriously but you might be dragging people down.

Henkie36:
Another great review.

How can you possible know if it's a great review, 1 minute after it's been posted...?

how did he get it?

good review none the less

Good review, so when will you be reviewing Mario Kart Wii.... Yeah I bet you thought I'd forgotten XD.

Dammit, I was expecting Brink.
Still a BLOODY hilarious review, though.
Love the part with the drunk bar argument.

i liked Soul Caliber more, but that's only because it had Nightmare (though cyrax is my favorite obviously... i wish his backstory wasnt crap).

Hehehe. It's banned in Australia and you publish a video off you criticizing it? Hmmmmm...

So long as it can't relate to you playing it, but than again that would be unprofessional.

I enjoyed the story up until all those characters got killed off by one person, really lame.

I forgot Yahtzee was British and by genetics had to watch at least one episode of each doctor who series.

Fairly sure the answer to the who woul;d win a massive fight between efeveryone was;

Mr Rogers in a bloodstained sweater!

Marty Mcfly would win. Just sayin

It's nice to see I'm not the only one who thinks the MK universe is a bit bland.

Yahtzee nailed it on the head with the x-rays. I don't mind gore in video games, and they were fine the first time you watched them, but they got so boring so quickly. The reason fatalities worked in previous games was because you only saw them at the end of the fight, and then only if you knew the right button combo - and most fighters had multiple ones to choose from.

Being able to do the x-ray slow motion moves mid-fight meant that you got bored of watching it after about 3 fights with the same character. Slow motion gore is for after the fight, not to suddenly stop me playing every 10 seconds to make me watch something I've seen 20 times already.

Henkie36:
Another great review.

Huh, I see you've perfected the time machine. I mean, that's the only way you could possibly watch a roughly 5-minute video in time to comment on it only one minute after it was posted...right?

OT:...What's wrong with the new Dr. Who?

Marty McFly would definitely win...

Meh. Never was a major fan of these fighting games anyway. I liked Deadliest Warrior the game though.

Marty McFly, totally.

Woo Yahtzee also hates the new Doctor Who

Excellent as usual. I wish I could say that I've at least tried out the new Mortal Kombat, since it looked decent for a re-release.

Backula would definitely win.

Had me going at the beginning there for a few moments. I've never enjoyed Mortal Kombat, so a good ripping on it was a good way to keep myself occupied for 5 minutes on a wednesday.

Incidentally, Marty McFly would totally win.

Hey! I like new Doctor who!
And I hate fighting games, what does that make me?

Marty McFly would like totally win! Yeah!

marty mcfly would win

iLikeHippos:
Hehehe. It's banned in Australia and you publish a video off you criticizing it? Hmmmmm...

So long as it can't relate to you playing it, but than again that would be unprofessional.

A banned game can't be sold, it's not illegal to actually own it.

My friend is totally into this game at the moment. But Mortal Kombat never really appealed to me.
The blood and gore might be a part of the series past, but to me it's just pointless.

It was cool and edgy 20 years ago. But I've seen more limbs fly off in the last few years then I saw birds.

Also, why is it spelled Kombat, with a K?!

"But he like the new Doctor Who" Ouch!

I dunno, mostly this review seemed a bit flat, maybe Mortal Kombat is just too boring and old-hat to really hassle with spite. Or maybe that's just me.

I actually fund last weeks episode brilliant (doctor who that is) :(

Mortal Kombat to me is like the Saw of the video game world. Violence and gore strike me as the main seling points, which alone I can't get into.

The point about it degrading the 'videogames arn't all mindless violence' argument is one I can relate to as well. Nothing like telling your parents that it's not all about violence, then your mum walking in while you chainsaw someone in half on Gears.

Petromir:
Fairly sure the answer to the who woul;d win a massive fight between efeveryone was;

Mr Rogers in a bloodstained sweater!

You sir/madam win.

Great review... Reminded me why I would never bother with these sort of games.

Weren't customs threatening a huge fine for anyone importing that game down under?

I swear the Escapist did an article on it and everything.

I get that this game isn't high art, and someone could use it to argue that gaming as a medium is still immature, but you could say the same thing about 'Painkiller', a game that he loves. Mortal Kombat is just fun. No-one for a minute is gonna say it's art. Otherwise, great review, big fan of Yahtzee.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here