Things to Do Instead of Pirates

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Things to Do Instead of Pirates

MovieBob has a few suggestions on how you spend your time this weekend, rather than waste it on disappointing swashbucklers.

Read Full Article

Interesting list, i might rent L.A. noire.

Also, putting "chinese Burritos" on the same list as "brisk walk and low calorie snack" seems a touch counterproductive.

Bit too late in the evening for a walk where I am, but I think I will go make dinner instead of bothering with the new Pirates movie. Seriously, is anyone actaully surprised it's bad? I could have told you that 5 months before they announced they are making one at all.

I know this was a fluff piece, you know this was a fluff piece so I'm not going to be too hard on you for that. That said I do think I'll check out Cave of Forgotten Dreams. Between the premise and Werner Herzog it sounds pretty damn amazing.

Things I plan on doing instead of watching Pirates: The Witcher 2. I would put more things on the list, but I'd probably be lying if I suggested I was really going to be doing anything else this weekend.

Whatever! You're all crazy I invented Chinese burritos in my dorm room in 1999 you all must of heard about it when I put it on live journal. Yeah, that's it.

Play Rift!

Meh. Weak, Bob. Weak. You're usually much better than this.
Still, Chinese Burritos, eh? Never heard of em, sounds delicious, though.

please spoil the movie for me so i don't have the stupid urge to want to see it!

and Kudos on that shameless self promotion! XD

If you're Canadian you can always go camping for the Victora Day long weekend!

Adrien Brody? As Salvador fucking Dali??
Why am I still here!!?!?!?

Has it really been 28 episodes of the Big Picture already Bob? I wonder when we'll start getting badges for it.

AC10:
If you're Canadian you can always go camping for the Victora Day long weekend!

Winning.

Fuck the fire bans, go in the boonies.

Damn, I already ate Chinese food this week. Too late for the burrito :(

Thai burritos, Bob. Thai burritos. Curry chicken in whatever "pendragon sauce" is, plus pad thai. Oh, sweet, sweet pad thai

You know, I was bent on seeing it even after watching the review...but watching the review again, made me think twice. I think I might go ahead and watch Bridesmaids instead.

HankMan:
Has it really been 28 episodes of the Big Picture already Bob? I wonder when we'll start getting badges for it.

Speaking of badges, what's up with them? I've been spammed to hell with them recently.

OT: Another thing you could do is try to invent your own sandwich. My personal favourite is the cheese+bacon+egg+sausage+tomato+black pudding+beans+toasted bread combo with sea salt, ketchup and crushed black peppercorns. I've got my own secret recipe I use to make it, but it's definitely worth a try for anyone who likes something that's pretty much an entire breakfast in sandwich form.

It's the most kick-ass sandwich ever and it hasn't killed me yet.

Mittens The Kitten:

putting "chinese Burritos" on the same list as "brisk walk and low calorie snack" seems a touch counterproductive.

But awesome!

Tortilla stuffed with a mix of General Gao, bone less ribs and terryaki steak? I'm there.

LA Noir does sound interesting as well. I hated GT4, loved Saints Row 2, haven't tried Red Dead Redemption for fear I'd hate it as much as GT4.

I wonder where this falls.

fatb0y:

haven't tried Red Dead Redemption for fear I'd hate it as much as GT4.

Red Dead Redemption was a pretty good game, the cast is well characterized and the the old west setting is pretty fun. The combat gets old after 15 hours or so but remains pretty fresh.

You're too late Bob. I've already seen Thor again :O

Guess I'll just have to wait however many months it'll be till Midnight in Paris gets released in Australia.

Mittens The Kitten:

fatb0y:

haven't tried Red Dead Redemption for fear I'd hate it as much as GT4.

Red Dead Redemption was a pretty good game, the cast is well characterized and the the old west setting is pretty fun. The combat gets old after 15 hours or so but remains pretty fresh.

Thanks. Given that everyone got this, it should be a bargain used next year. For 15 hours, I'd pay $10-20. (Saw at Gamestop for $26).

You forgot one important other thing you can do...

Watcha ll 26 episodes of the first season of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

...Or sleep.

I actually saw Un Chien Andalou on my first day of Year 13 film studies. It made me feels emotions I can't describe but don't want to feel again. It also set the tone for the rest of the year really.

If you're in Britain you could see Jason Statham take a daring career move into a movie where by the looks of things, he's not a God-Like ass kicker, car driver, sex in public place doer and axe dodger and just a very angry cop on a mission with "The Blitz"

You know what else you could do? Go watch the Lonely Island video "Jack Sparrow"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI6CfKcMhjY

Seriously, it's awesome.

You know what they call soft tortillas where I'm from???
Tortillas.

I love chinese burritos!

I am flatout broke though so no LA Noire for me : (

MovieBob:
MovieBob: Things to Do Instead of Pirates

MovieBob has a few suggestions on how you spend your time this weekend, rather than waste it on disappointing swashbucklers.

Read Full Article

Other things you forgot to mention that are infinitely more rewarding then watching this movie you didn't mention.

Watching the grass.

Poking your eyes out.

Giving money to the IRS as charity.

Walking down the most gang filled areas of your local cities while wearing a pink hat.

Hammering that lose nail in with you head.

Self mutulation.

Have fun ;)

HankMan:

If my inbox is any indication, three months later and all at once.

Eh, I dunno about Midnight in Paris. I mean, it's a Woody Allen movie, and I'm not familiar with any of his other--

Wait, did you say Adrien Brody plays Salvador Dali?

SOLD.

Thanks for the tip, Moviebob! =D

Plurralbles:
I love chinese burritos!

I am flatout broke though so no LA Noire for me : (

I'm flat out broke, so no Chinese borritos ether, being poor sucks

Well, I'm glad you spoiled your opinion on the movie in your column so I don't have to waste time watching your review. Or many in the near future, for that matter.

It's funny how many people in here blindly follow a stuck up elitist douchebag like MovieBob.

"Wow, you didn't like it? Well, then it MUST be bad!"

Agree with others, didn't know anything about Midnight in Paris but Adrien Brody as Salvador fucking Dali sold me. Nice to see Woody Allen is back with a funny movie (Whatever Works was good, too).

Ooooh i thought he was talking about "A Night In Paris"....

Which i haven't seen!!

/If you're really set on getting the POTC: On Stranger Tides experience I'd suggest just watching the first movie while periodically punching yourself in the nuts.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here