Daily Drop: Bike Stuff

Bike Stuff

This is why you always wear a helmet.

Watch Video

I can't even tell what they're dropping tomorrow, it's anybody's guess, I liked the chain though, very nice

The title alone was quite intriguing ^^
I bet someone's bike broke and he thought "stupid bike, useless piece of trash... oh wait lets just drop it" and the other goes like "but there is so much to drop, we would need to try several pieces" - "oh yeah, you are right, lets just name it "bike stuff" and call it a day" :)

I was expecting to see more action from the chain, but it was too stiff. I guess someone did not oil it properly ;)

Possibly the only drop to have two thirds get neater and more compact when they finally come to rest.

wheel, I must say that was Tire-some.

That seemed to me to be the worlds longest chain!

When it said this is why you must use a helmet, I hoped for crowbar on a bike helmet, just to show how they resist. Or you could use the tv from a prior ep

my new favorite episode next to the sprinkles

Distorted Stu:
That seemed to me to be the worlds longest chain!

I had the same thought! As it was dropping in slow-mo, I was like "That's gotta be one big ass chain". When I thought about it afterwords, I discovered quite quickly that it was falling in slow motion! That got me to thinking, however: What if they dropped something that was roughly 20-30 feet in length? How long would that take?

Daily drop's drops are just becoming less interesting (IMO)
Come on! I want to see a crowbar to something.

that bike tyre was awesome. Loved the distortion of the rubber as it flexed and rebounded.

Tuqui:
When it said this is why you must use a helmet, I hoped for crowbar on a bike helmet, just to show how they resist. Or you could use the tv from a prior ep

I too was hoping for something being protected, like a melon, by a helmet as it fell. I was ready to forward the video to people that don't like to wear helmets. Something showing how a helmet absorbs impact might be something to try if you decide to film more drops.

mikespoff:
that bike tyre was awesome. Loved the distortion of the rubber as it flexed and rebounded.

Not to mention how that tire appeared to try to eat the Drop Zone border.

And what the hell is that stuff for tomorrow? A bag of.... I have no idea....

Wearing a helmet is for weaklings. With a bike helmet on your face can still be smashed. So IMO it is of no use. Being Dutch can be a point in this opinion...

daxterx2005:
wheel, I must say that was Tire-some.

I'll bet you had no trouble chaining that together.

I like how the tire went all bendy, and yeah, that chain was super-long.

Tomorrow/today is a container of... mayonnaise? Like the ketchup and mustard containers? Or is that tartar sauce?

milow:

Tuqui:

I too was hoping for something being protected, like a melon, by a helmet as it fell. I was ready to forward the video to people that don't like to wear helmets. Something showing how a helmet absorbs impact might be something to try if you decide to film more drops.

That would be a great video, specially for plan B against the unprotected melon

Wertornion:
Wearing a helmet is for weaklings. With a bike helmet on your face can still be smashed. So IMO it is of no use. Being Dutch can be a point in this opinion...

Thats why I wear a full face :D I'm already ugly enough that you very much !

They could do so so so much more with this though. Drop a bike wheel from a greater height and on too a harder surface and It will buckle and that would be twice as cool.

I've come to expect the crowbar for everything now. Damn!
Liked the bike stuff though.

The LRR team probably love it when they break their things now, so they can drop them.

Wheel was eh, but the tire and chain were cool! :-)

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here