Tales from the Table: Chapter 5: Tale of a Dungeon Master

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Chapter 5: Tale of a Dungeon Master

The adventures learn from the Dungeon Master the origin of the evil Sorcerer Cryson. What does this mean for their quest?

Watch Video

I lost the game...

Wait a second, that resembled actual character arc and drama... What are you guys scheming up, here?

Definitely got my attention.

This is a good and insightful episode. I wonder if the other players will get a back stories?

I liked it. Set up the story, and showed how the group got together in a way that made sense, and showed more away from the table. Looking forward to the next episode.

I like where this is going! A very nice surprise in a series that I'm quickly growing to look forward to.

So very much lost the game >.< I have a feeling that was intentional.

Great episode; the heavy sincerity laden fantasy tale backed by amusing slackery and sibling rivalry was hilarious!

Captcha: 5.2L iondive

ooh its starting to get really good although that makeup was scary O.0

You guys just nuked 10 years of gaming which spend 3 arcs setting up characters, and you guy did it under 5 minutes, with more depth then a sugar spoonful of medicine.

I love you guys!

I won the game long ago so I'm exempt from losing or even participating in the game. This series is getting more amazing with each episode so it's definitely a great way to start my weekend.

Captcha - response ovidini

Awesome episode. +10

Hooray! Good episode :D

I have to admit, you guys kinda stumbled out of the gates trying to get straight into the neck of things without properly developing the story... but it looks like it's getting a lot better now. Keep up the good work!

Great episode. Probably the best one so far as far as story is concerned. I hope some of that actually comes back in future episodes. One note: the relationship between those siblings is hyper creepy, and I can't see any possible resolution to it that doesn't get creepier.

Great episode very interesting, while the writing and execution was top quality.

Yay backstory. I hope this amounts to something, like there being a parallel between the role playing and real life or something like that or I'm worried this will be just an exposition dump with no pay-off.

Pretty awesome. I liked the previous ones, but this one was something else. Not just a fine sketch, but really good storytelling.

Lol is that a Padawan braid your rocking in the video?

Aureliano:
Great episode. Probably the best one so far as far as story is concerned. I hope some of that actually comes back in future episodes. One note: the relationship between those siblings is hyper creepy, and I can't see any possible resolution to it that doesn't get creepier.

I don't think creepy is the right descriptor. I don't even know if it's a real rivalry, as it is just a couple of kids at odds with each other. The one who seems more trustworthy being put in charge of the company.

Remember, it's only one side of the story there.

Very good story telling in this one!

Masterfully done! I loved every minute of that.

Well done guys - keep this up!

Wasn't convinced at first, but now we're getting somewhere. Hopefully, if each character gets a backstory that worked as well as this one, we're all in for a treat.

I only wish that it didn't take 2 weeks to get it - but if this is the calibre you're operating at now, I'm happy to wait.

Looks like Kreldor is royally screwed

This is starting to show some potential. It may end up being better than the first couple of episodes made it look.
Nice work.

This was so clever guys! I love how it told an in game story as well as the DM's back story at the same time. This show gets better every week.

Absolutely Adore it!

I have to admit, that was actually pretty good. Nifty way of telling two stories at once.

I have to admit this one struck like a hammer. I hope there will be more character exploration incorporated into future episodes. Another blow like this one too soon will thin the metal and weaken the blade.

k-ossuburb:
Yay backstory. I hope this amounts to something, like there being a parallel between the role playing and real life or something like that or I'm worried this will be just an exposition dump with no pay-off.

There really can't be parallels with the DM. You see, while he is running and planning the game, his sister is already preparing to sit on the throne. He will never reach it.
I like sad stories, and i have the feeling that his should have been the last to be explored.

LOVE IT!
Just love it.

Can't wait to see the next episode.

I uhh.....I have this thing.....where...... works of strong Allegory.....give me a boner.......like, literally........so........I'll be back, hang on. [grabs "equipment" and runs off]

Ahh, I'm back, where were we? Oh yes, this was awesome. Can't wait for more!

Captha: greatest Behavioral. Greatest Behavioral what, exactly?

somonels:
Snip

I know what you mean. I was just saying that it might be nice if he discovered something in the RP that reflected his life somehow and inspired him to do something in his real life. It doesn't need to be as drastic as trying to get to the peak of his father's business, but could be something like making amends with his sister and remembering how close they used to be. It sounds sappy but it could work, she probably only resents him because he abandoned her to play video games and read comics instead of playing with her and he resents her because he wasted his life while she made something of herself.

There's some unresolved issues there, but maybe I'm reading too much into it. I tend to do that.

Extraordinarily well acted, well written, well spoken, and well done.

I'm glad I stayed with this series. I wasn't sure after the first couple of episodes but the past couple have been much better.

I feel ya. For some reason,I think that would be what it would be like if I had a sister. Grateful I don't.

Wow. That was really good.
I'm not sure if i understood everything what the episode was telling correctly, but nevertheless it was really interesting to watch.
Damn... this was good on a whole new, different, parallel way. Crazy.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here