Trailers: Gears of War 3 Teaser

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Gears of War 3 Teaser

A brief campaign teaser for Gears of War 3.

Watch Video

Well that was certainly... short.

Seeing Marcus get random messages in a laboratory lookingish area makes me wonder if this'll bring back that plot thread about the Sires that was left completely unresolved in Gears 2.

The Sires, weird medical records, Marcus' father, the Queen looking pretty damn human, it's all starting to make sense. But what i really want to know is...WHERE IS BAIRD?!?! Where's my favorite blonde, sarcastic, asshole that gives the gore some comical relief?

Free Thinker:
The Sires, weird medical records, Marcus' father, the Queen looking pretty damn human, it's all starting to make sense. But what i really want to know is...WHERE IS BAIRD?!?! Where's my favorite blonde, sarcastic, asshole that gives the gore some comical relief?

Dead like every other character that didnt eat a Locust for breakfast and chainsaw floss the bones from his teeth...

Also its sad...the ad for the Marines was longer...

Oh gears plot. U so funny.

Also: ^ agree about Baird. Cole just isn't as funny without the foil.

I'm buying this.

When is this due out again?

Shorter than a Carmine brother's lifespan.

I'd love to see the full trailer, too bad the world's ending tomorrow.

Jesus Marcus. You show up for 3 seconds just to give us a big nasty spoiler? Bad form, dude. Lay off those steroids.

I am totally buying the game on the massive amount of new content revealed in this teaser/ sarcasm.

...huh. Was there female Gears armour before?
It looks kinda wierd.

great, so instead of where's my wife! it will be where's my dad!

sheogoraththemad:
great, so instead of where's my wife! it will be where's my dad!

I really don't think that Marcus could bitch about anything if he tried.

I think that might be one of the most boring teaser trailers I've ever seen.

Free Thinker:

Baird and Cole have their own side mission, probably involving what was on the disk Prescott was hiding. Baird's trying to crack it, and when he does, a lot of the mysteries surround the Sires, Locust, and the Lambent are going to come to light. While we haven't actually SEEN him in any of the trailers, his voice appears in the one with the Hammer of Dawn and Lambent Beserker.

Okay, so...this trailer revealed nothing that I didn't already know. Still, excited to see anything about Gears 3. Can't wait for the full thing.

Jonluw:

It's awesome if you're heavily invested in the Gears storyline and universe. That literally includes dozens of people. This teaser was for them.

That made me chuckle, ahaha. Something about this really short trailer I found hilarious.

Laughs aside, I really enjoyed the Gears of War campaigns. The storyline is rubbish but it helps the gameplay move forward and it works well enough. Quite curious about all the unresolved questions in Gears 2 though, I must say, so this does peak my interest.

MiracleOfSound:
Jesus Marcus. You show up for 3 seconds just to give us a big nasty spoiler? Bad form, dude. Lay off those steroids.

That was a spoiler? Did you even play the first two games? FYI the locust queen is Marcus' mother.

Stupid trailer but can't wait for the game.

Well, that was indeed short. Still, I'm planning to get this game anyway, so don't need a trailer to sway me.

I do ask for just two things though. Let's have the Carmine brother survive this time - it's the last game in the series, kill someone off that we won't expect instead.

Bring back Dizzy. He wears a hat.

AmbitiousWorm:

MiracleOfSound:

That was a spoiler? Did you even play the first two games? FYI the locust queen is Marcus' mother.

Um, yes I played the first 2 games. It was never given away that his father was still alive, only that he had something to do with the locust.

People are so touchy about such petty things.

MiracleOfSound:

AmbitiousWorm:

MiracleOfSound:

Um, yes I played the first 2 games. It was never given away that his father was still alive, only that he had something to do with the locust.

People are so touchy about such petty things.

Touchy? Huh, sorry. Just thought it was a given that he was alive with all the fuss centred around him and that GoW 2 ended with a radio transmission presumably from him.

Or did I just play it too many times?

sunburst313:

Jonluw:

It's awesome if you're heavily invested in the Gears storyline and universe. That literally includes dozens of people. This teaser was for them.

You've got to be overestimating that. Dozens? A plural of "dozen" implies at the very least 24 people.

HankMan:

Hey! THE NEW ONE MIGHT SURVIVE... maybe... if epic doesn't hate me...

Free Thinker:

Hell fucking yeah! Where is Baird? Cole and Baird, the only two guys I want or need when killing locust...

yeah but next week they are going to show the entire trailer.

I can't wait

HankMan:

... too soon?
nah.. nah..

Not buying, at least, not until the release price drops.

Who was the other guy? There's what I presume is Dom on the right, Marcus next to him, Anya far left and then some guy with corn rows? Someone above said it was Cole but it didn't look like him to me.

Any suggestions?

NeuroticDogDad:
Who was the other guy? There's what I presume is Dom on the right, Marcus next to him, Anya far left and then some guy with corn rows? Someone above said it was Cole but it didn't look like him to me.

Any suggestions?

Jace Stratton

He was announced awhile back and will be voiced by Ice-T.

MASTACHIEFPWN:

HankMan:

They held a poll in Epic's site on whether or not the new Carmine should die a while back. I don't know how it turned out.

Simple Bluff:

MASTACHIEFPWN:

HankMan:

They held a poll in Epic's site on whether or not the new Carmine should die a while back. I don't know how it turned out.

Personally, I hope he goes out killing hundreds of Locust. A fine ending for the last Carmine brother.

Well...they weren't kidding when they said "Brief" were they?

Here's hoping this next games campaign has at least a modicum of coherence to it.

Awexsome:
Well that was certainly... short.

If you pay attention you will notice because it is a teaser for the official trailer that has it's depute next weekend.

MiracleOfSound:

AmbitiousWorm:

MiracleOfSound:

Actually you are wrong. After Gears 2's credits there is a message from his father, showing that he is still alive.

Jonluw:

Enkidu88:
Well...they weren't kidding when they said "Brief" were they?

It is a teaser for the actual trailer. The full length trailer is showing on TV next week in the break between some famous NBA game and some famous football game.

I don't get why the Escapist didn't bother to point that one out...

gears 1: 'where is RAAM!?!'

gears 2: 'where is my wife!?!'

gears 3: 'where is my dad!?!'

if you buy the limited or epic edition, you will get a MP skin as adam fenix. i think i would be kill to finally see daddy himself, being that he is hinted in every game so far...

Lt. Vinciti:

Free Thinker:

Dead like every other character that didnt eat a Locust for breakfast and chainsaw floss the bones from his teeth...

Lies.
The witty sarcastic blonde asshole never dies, everyone knows that.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here