Trailers: Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One: Pyro

Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One: Pyro

Flamethrowers make short work of your enemies in Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One.

Watch Video

....what was the point of that? We get what Flamethrowers are Insomniac, we've been using them for years. Whats next, an in depth look at what a gun is?

This game looks hot!
Also its nice to see one company not abandon their franchise.

I would kill for a Jak on the PS3 made by Naughty Dog.

Four people can just spam flames everywhere?

Sorry, but I already have Alien Swarm for that ;)

There was a flamethrower in Tools Of Destruction.

It was so over powered that the game was officially over once it reached level 5!
And it was fantastic!

Sorry, but after so many games where only Ratchet uses weapons, I don't like how Clank now all-a-sudden gets to use them as well.

On that point, I get that this is meant to be a team-based multiplayer game, but seriously... teaming up with Dr. Nefarious? And then giving all characters the same weapons? What's the point?
Surely, if you're going to have a game where you use 4 characters, all that have unique skills shown over the years, surely you create a unique arsenal or set of abilities that only THEY can use.
Ratchet would have his array of weapons, Captain Quark would have his overly cartoony fighting style of B-movie weapons, Clank would have his small army of minions and other electronically-based powers (and time-shifting like in the most reason games) and Dr Nefarious could have his own set of dastardly weapons and machines to do the work for him.

Did anyone else notice just how big Clank was in comparison to Ratchet? He's frickin' huge! Sorry Insomniac, I really, truly love you, but I think you've sorta lost the plot on the Ratchet and Clank series.

man. And I was so excited when I saw on gamefly that there would be another ratchet and clank game but this looks really horrible. Oh well, maybe they'll make another regular one after this without the annoying and pointless 4 player gimmick. I don't want to play Ratchet and Clank bad enough to tolerate the unbelievable horribleness that is Other People.

daxterx2005:
This game looks hot!

However turning it into what is essentially a party game is not a way to continue the franchise.

MorphingDragon:

daxterx2005:
This game looks hot!

However turning it into what is essentially a party game is not a way to continue the franchise.

Yeah thats why I specified "Naughty Dog"
I don't count playstation move heroes as a Jak game since it was a collaboration with the other games and didn't follow The lost frontier.

I'm still Neutral here. Ratchet and Clank lost me all the way back after Going Commando, so Ill just wait for the demo to come out. I always thought it was more fun with 4.

Cool, not the lava gun though. I loved the lava gun.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here