Critical Miss: {T}

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

{T}

Target joke gains flying.

Read Full Article

...so...same applies for Pokemon TCG, Yu-gi-oh, Duel Masters and WoW TC?

Interesting...

So what does the title mean?

Do you know what this cost me? And not just in Swamps?

Tharwen:
So what does the title mean?

I believe it's a mnemonic for "Tap".

Hilarious as always :D

Edit: Derp. The_root_of_all_evil got to it first >_>

Now, speaking for myself, the joke about "bumping uglies" is lost on me.

My Spellcaster deck for Yu-Gi-Oh! has quite a few female casters. Makes my job easier. But sex with the Dark Magician? Twice? Relinquished? The things I do for my deck.

I can do that.

WHY!?! How!?!

You know what's worse than "Turn Three Darksteel/Blightsteel"? "Turn One Emrakul". Not fun to be on the recieving end of. Or,even worse,"Win before my first turn". There are some absolutely BATSHIT INSANE combos for Magic out there.

Jbird:

Well, when a mummy and a daddy love each other very much...

(No joke...that's "bumping uglies")

Or a mummy and a milkman, or a daddy and mummy's sister.

I don't even understand this one

Jbird:

When you had sex with people in The Witcher, you got cards of them or something.

Quiet Stranger:
I don't even understand this one

You get cards with the women you just had sex with on them in The Witcher. The joke is extending that to how you get cards for TCGs.

Darksteel Colossus, huh?

Fair enough. I hit it with Iona's Judgment. Exile target creature or enchantment.

God I love my Angel deck. Got Akroma, Angel of Wrath, Iona, Shield of Emeria, Reya Dawnbringer, and Baneslayer Angel in there.

You can bring out TWO at the same turn with Tooth and Nail.

Grey Carter:

Read Full Article

I thought you were gonna go with Blightsteel Collosus. His infect is deadly

Kopikatsu:

Jbird:

When you had sex with people in The Witcher, you got cards of them or something.

Oh, that.

That whole scene went over my head, considering I was thinking about Magic: the Gathering the whole time and not The Witcher. Hell, the guy in the first panel is the main character, and it went over my head.

Derp.

Riddle78:
You know what's worse than "Turn Three Darksteel/Blightsteel"? "Turn One Emrakul". Not fun to be on the recieving end of. Or,even worse,"Win before my first turn". There are some absolutely BATSHIT INSANE combos for Magic out there.

And people say that I'd never have any use for dark rituals, elvish spirit guides and eradicates.

I looked at the first pannle and thought "oh a witcher 2 joke" but then you hit me out of left field with a magic the gathering joke ... well played ... well played

Talk about being one with nature

you see that's why I remove those from the battle... fairly simple... and THEN come the rats..... hordes and hordes of rats....

or my angel deck as Magus of the Moat " creatures without flying cannot attack" heh...heh...heh

This totally sort of warped my mind about Pokemon and card games of that sort.

Turn 3? I can have it out using Tinker on Turn 1.

As always with this game, depending on the cards in my opening hand.

This was a great! I have been playing playing MTG since Revised in '94 and still randomly grab a deck and play. *sigh* Those were the good'ole days.

Riddle78:

Which is exactly why I stopped playing Magic...

I think I rather just buy the boosters at $6 rather than the alternative. xD

Let me blow your insignificant minds even further with a turn 1 colossus.

Mox Sapphire, land, Solring, tinker.

Mox Opal, Island, Memnite, Lotus Petal, Dark Ritual, Tinker, Crimson Whisps
Play Memnite, Mox Opal, Lotus Petal and Island.
Tap Mox Opal for B, play Dark Ritual.
Tap Island for U play Tinker, sacrificing Memnite, Bringing out Darksteel Colossus.
Tap Lotus Petal for R, play Crimson Whisps. Draw Tainted Strike.
Use Last B from Dark Ritual to play Tainted Strike.
Enjoy your 12/11 Indestructible Trample Haste Infect Red Golem in turn 1!.

IDK, I played an awful lot of lightening bolts before I got out of this game back in 1995. I don't know when this indestructible pansy-bot came out, but we didn't have it in my day. *limps off to sidelines leaning heavily on cane*

Captain-Giggles:
Tap Island for U play Tinker, sacrificing Memnite, Bringing out Darksteel Colossus.

Okay, how about letting the op to start the game, with Gemstone Caverns in the opening hand.
In response to ANYTHING, Tap Gemstone Caverns for U mana, exile Elvish/Simian Spirit Guide, play Flash
Put Protean Hulk onto battlefield, then sacrifice it due to Flash.
Search for 4 Disciples of the Vault, 4 Phyrexian Marauders and 4 Shifting Walls.
Put all the Marauders and Walls into graveyard for having 0 defense.
Your op loses 32 life before he could even play his first card.

My God, I so hated the Flash Hulk decks when they were still legal in Legacy.

OT: Nice strip. I love both The Witcher and MtG, so the joke was perfect for me.

I'm not into the big creatures, I prefer an infinite stalling deck.

Nothing like drawing a game out for thirty minutes, sneaking one infect token onto the opponent and using 'proliferate'!

Yossarian1507:

Captain-Giggles:

Okay, how about letting the op to start the game, with Gemstone Caverns in the opening hand.
In response to ANYTHING, Tap Gemstone Caverns for U mana, exile Elvish/Simian Spirit Guide, play Flash
Put Protean Hulk onto battlefield, then sacrifice it due to Flash.
Search for 4 Disciples of the Vault, 4 Phyrexian Marauders and 4 Shifting Walls.
Put all the Marauders and Walls into graveyard for having 0 defense.
Your op loses 32 life before he could even play his first card.

My God, I so hated the Flash Hulk decks when they were still legal in Legacy.

OT: Nice strip. I love both The Witcher and MtG, so the joke was perfect for me.

That was my "Win before my first turn" comment...And it's EVIL. I was on the recieving end of it,and the guy laughted,and agreed to use a NORMAL deck for the rematch. A swarm of 7/1 goblin tokens never felt better to use...

Funny joke and everything, but i guess we've now completely dropped the whole "Erin works for a game critic publisher" plotline now huh? Each week seems to be a satirical spin on a new or popular game. I'm fine with that, the content is funny and entertaining, it just makes the comic series feel a bit schizophrenic, like it's having an identity crisis. Either it has a story or it's satire. Make up your mind.

Captain-Giggles:

A crushing victory for the mere price of about what... a thousand dollars?

Macgyvercas:
Darksteel Colossus, huh?

Fair enough. I hit it with Iona's Judgment. Exile target creature or enchantment.

God I love my Angel deck. Got Akroma, Angel of Wrath, Iona, Shield of Emeria, Reya Dawnbringer, and Baneslayer Angel in there.

That's five mana, Broski. My Darksteel is already wearing his Bullshit boots.

jp201:

Grey Carter:

Read Full Article

I thought you were gonna go with Blightsteel Collosus. His infect is deadly

Yeah. Blightsteel is kind of silly in that he can one hit kill you without any assistance. I'm not sure if there's any other creature that can do that? Except maybe that one summoned by that special land. I forget it's name. But overall Blightsteel is just less Iconic in my opinion. Probably because he hasn't been around all that long. That and he doesn't kinda look like the iron Giant.

Darksteel Colossus is fine and all, but I prefer a little guy called "Progenitus".

Yea, you read that right. Protection. From. Everything. Darksteel Colossus can still be exiled with cards like "path to exile" or "swords to plowshares". Progenitus? can't be blocked or targeted by anything. Yea. Feels good. And ofcourse there are dirty ways to sneak him out early.

Bye bye Darksteel.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or