Critical Miss: {T}

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Yossarian1507:

Captain-Giggles:
Mox Opal, Island, Memnite, Lotus Petal, Dark Ritual, Tinker, Crimson Whisps
Play Memnite, Mox Opal, Lotus Petal and Island.
Tap Mox Opal for B, play Dark Ritual.
Tap Island for U play Tinker, sacrificing Memnite, Bringing out Darksteel Colossus.
Tap Lotus Petal for R, play Crimson Whisps. Draw Tainted Strike.
Use Last B from Dark Ritual to play Tainted Strike.
Enjoy your 12/11 Indestructible Trample Haste Infect Red Golem in turn 1!.

Okay, how about letting the op to start the game, with Gemstone Caverns in the opening hand.
In response to ANYTHING, Tap Gemstone Caverns for U mana, exile Elvish/Simian Spirit Guide, play Flash
Put Protean Hulk onto battlefield, then sacrifice it due to Flash.
Search for 4 Disciples of the Vault, 4 Phyrexian Marauders and 4 Shifting Walls.
Put all the Marauders and Walls into graveyard for having 0 defense.
Your op loses 32 life before he could even play his first card.

My God, I so hated the Flash Hulk decks when they were still legal in Legacy.

OT: Nice strip. I love both The Witcher and MtG, so the joke was perfect for me.

Ah yes, thanks for reminding me of that strategy. I'm more of an EDH man since 60 card games move way too fast for me, got a nice turn 2-3 infect deck in the makes though.

jp201:

Grey Carter:
Critical Miss: {T}

Target joke gains flying.

Read Full Article

I thought you were gonna go with Blightsteel Collosus. His infect is deadly

Ehh... I have a feeling screwing Blightsteel would get you every STD in the books... at once. And some that haven't been discovered.

therandombear:
...so...same applies for Pokemon TCG, Yu-gi-oh, Duel Masters and WoW TC?

Interesting...

....Don't you dare get any ideas! Dear God the implications are endless!

Grey Carter:

Macgyvercas:
Darksteel Colossus, huh?

Fair enough. I hit it with Iona's Judgment. Exile target creature or enchantment.

God I love my Angel deck. Got Akroma, Angel of Wrath, Iona, Shield of Emeria, Reya Dawnbringer, and Baneslayer Angel in there.

That's five mana, Broski. My Darksteel is already wearing his Bullshit boots.

Ha! But you forget Darksteel Colossus costs 11. Besides, even if you do hit me, Platinum Angel exists for a reason.

Well, him and True Conviction (creatures you control have Doublestrike and Lifelink). And with Akroma's Memorial on the field, that adds up to some pretty nasty damage to a non-flying deck.

Also, just exile or destroy the Bullshit Boots, then go after the Darksteel. Problem solved!

Aren't those the robots from Laputa? They sure look like 'em.

HankMan:
Talk about being one with nature

Can we please stop these puns before it get's out of hand?!

That said I guess you could say...

This joke caught me...

With my pants down!

Macgyvercas:

Grey Carter:

Macgyvercas:
Darksteel Colossus, huh?

Fair enough. I hit it with Iona's Judgment. Exile target creature or enchantment.

God I love my Angel deck. Got Akroma, Angel of Wrath, Iona, Shield of Emeria, Reya Dawnbringer, and Baneslayer Angel in there.

That's five mana, Broski. My Darksteel is already wearing his Bullshit boots.

Ha! But you forget Darksteel Colossus costs 11. Besides, even if you do hit me, Platinum Angel exists for a reason.

Well, him and True Conviction (creatures you control have Doublestrike and Lifelink). And with Akroma's Memorial on the field, that adds up to some pretty nasty damage to a non-flying deck.

Also, just exile or destroy the Bullshit Boots, then go after the Darksteel. Problem solved!

Sorry to barge in on the conversation here, but that 11 mana cost is nothing when you have a Tinker and an Ornithopter/Memnite. Turn three you get Darksteel, equip the boots and smash them with it.

Of course the easiest solution is a counterspell, but who runs blue these days? I do

Madara XIII:

therandombear:

Interesting...

....Don't you dare get any ideas! Dear God the implications are endless!

Fanfics get a free pass card now. "Ash wanted Pikachu as a card..."

You can fill in the blanks by yourself.. ;)

Grey_Focks:
Darksteel Colossus is fine and all, but I prefer a little guy called "Progenitus".

Yea, you read that right. Protection. From. Everything. Darksteel Colossus can still be exiled with cards like "path to exile" or "swords to plowshares". Progenitus? can't be blocked or targeted by anything. Yea. Feels good. And ofcourse there are dirty ways to sneak him out early.

Seriously? Protection from Everything? Magic has become so fucking silly since I quit.

Realitycrash:

Grey_Focks:
Darksteel Colossus is fine and all, but I prefer a little guy called "Progenitus".

Yea, you read that right. Protection. From. Everything. Darksteel Colossus can still be exiled with cards like "path to exile" or "swords to plowshares". Progenitus? can't be blocked or targeted by anything. Yea. Feels good. And ofcourse there are dirty ways to sneak him out early.

Seriously? Protection from Everything? Magic has become so fucking silly since I quit.

It's easy to beat. As a legendary,only one of it may be in play at any given time. Find a way to get a copy of it down,and both go poof.

Furthermore,it's only one creature. Get swarms of stuff,and it'll be relatively helpless. Furthermore,if you're playing vintage,any coloured Circle of Protection will protect you from it. Ain't it grand?

Oh, GOD. I lawled, hard. Great comic!

Riddle78:

Realitycrash:

Grey_Focks:

It's easy to beat. As a legendary,only one of it may be in play at any given time. Find a way to get a copy of it down,and both go poof.

Furthermore,it's only one creature. Get swarms of stuff,and it'll be relatively helpless. Furthermore,if you're playing vintage,any coloured Circle of Protection will protect you from it. Ain't it grand?

..This bullshit makes me miss Chaos Orb.

Man, I love Magic: the Gathering jokes. I've been trying to work together a Blue/Black infect deck, but so far I'm having trouble with it (and I don't have all the cards I'd need yet). My typical deck is green elf aggro. It's tournament legal right now, but when Zendikar cycles out in October I may make it a true Elf deck and add Wellwishers to it.

Mm, tell me you guys remember that little jewel.

Realitycrash:

Grey_Focks:

The last pack I bought had a 5/6 Myr that cost 2.

After reading this comic I'm going hunt down Sheoldred, Whispering One and do terrible things to her fat black ass. After I'm done it'll be more like Whimpering One.

KefkaCultist:
Of course the easiest solution is a counterspell, but who runs blue these days? I do

No unsummon that, nope counterspell it, negative boomerang back to your hand, oh hell no cancel.

Oh and Cloud Sprite(or insert appropriate tiny blue creature) hits you for 1.

Blue decks are always fun.

On the note of the comic...I have a feeling that the kid was about to say...

"I'd {T} that!"

therandombear:

Interesting...

Dark Magician Girl.... *rubs chin*

...I can dig it.

Thanks guys, that was an image I didn't need. X<

Grey_Focks:

I've seen someone who had a deck that combined this with a card that destroys all enemy and ally cards. Since this card cannot be destroyed, you become the only player with any cafd left and therefore win the game.

Or something like that. It was hard as hell to pull off.

Alar:

Grey_Focks:

I've seen someone who had a deck that combined this with a card that destroys all enemy and ally cards. Since this card cannot be destroyed, you become the only player with any cafd left and therefore win the game.

Funny thing? Protection From Everything only works if it's the specific target. Things like Wrath of God still get rid of it.

Nah. It only went downhill after Mountain/Black Lotus/Channel/Fireball. The original first-turn kill.

An old joke making the rounds back in Urza's Saga days, that the game was so fast that it could be divided into three phases. Early Game: coin-flip to go first. Mid-Game: mulligans. Late Game: Turn 1.

I'm happy I sold my cards. When the two recent sets I most liked were the ones WotC has gone on record as being the worst, it was time for me to go.

The_root_of_all_evil:

Well played sir!

I'm liking L5R these days, and the hot ass samurai, ninja and priest chicks in that are win. Take the lovely Chuda Ruri for example...

I don't know anything about those cards of yours, but the giant looks eary similar to a certain iron giant.

therandombear:

Interesting...

Mmmm Dark Magician Girl.....

*ahem* I mean, funny comic guys... good job....

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=205329

That's a very nice game you have here...

Would be shame if I came and won it.

Funny as usual, well done!
Though all these tactics in the comments are making me dizzy, waaay to complicated. How the hell do people remember so many cards?
But i suppose I'm just a novice at Magic:TG. But i do enjoy a game from time to time.

Riddle78:

Alar:

Grey_Focks:

Funny thing? Protection From Everything only works if it's the specific target. Things like Wrath of God still get rid of it.

Yeah, but it still gets shuffled back into yer library, just like those damn eldrazi. Good thing is he's pretty difficult to get out, unlike those colorless lovecraftian bastards.

Was that an Order of the Stick reference in the first panel?

Macgyvercas:
Darksteel Colossus, huh?

C'mooon, Revoke Existence us much cheaper, same cost as a Shatter or Naturalise

But yeah, my friend often brings out a Blightsteel on turn 4 (you can tell it's happening when he plays Master's Call during your end step). You better have saved mana for a counter-spell or removal for the 2 Myrs.

blindthrall:

Realitycrash:

Grey_Focks:

After reading this comic I'm going hunt down Sheoldred, Whispering One and do terrible things to her fat black ass. After I'm done it'll be more like Whimpering One.

Myr Superion right? It'sa neat card. Makes me want to make a Myr deck,

I'm pretty sure that last panel goes from "Rough sex" to "That looks like it will chafe" to "It broke mine off."

Grey_Focks:

Yea, you read that right. Protection. From. Everything.

Does this mean you won't need to wear protection?
[/shameless pun]

Darksteel Colossus? How about Blightsteel Colossus - it's just like Darksteel, but with INFECT. So, frankly, it's incredi-broken.

Oh, also -
turn 1, forest, birds of paradise
turn 2, lotus cobra, forest, 2x llanowar elf.
turn 3, darksteel relic, island, shape anew the relic to a blightsteel, distortion strike the blightsteel, goblin war paint the blightsteel, and swing for 14 poison counters, unblockable.

And look! It's in standard!

A MTG joke, sweet!

Grey Carter:

blindthrall:

Realitycrash:

Myr Superion right? It'sa neat card. Makes me want to make a Myr deck,

It's even better with Semblance anvils; don't have to pay with mana creatures if it costs no mana

Personally, most white cards? I'd have no problems tapping dat.

Tap... God, I'm slow, I only just got the title :P Well played sirs

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or