Trailers: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Gameplay Debut

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Uh... excuse me?

Gameplay?

'Cause I'm not even sure I saw any. Maybe about four seconds of vehicle section.

No thanks, I'll wait till E3 to see a demo of the game in action. I'm not going to judge whether or not I should buy the game until I've seen it in action.

Not really gameplay, just footage made with the in-game engine.

Also: I'm getting deja-vu.

ehh, looks like cod, impressive set pieces as usual with a more and more crazy plot, Im just waiting till they announce it was really aliens since they clearly want to go that route, the plot of a cod game has never been as good as it was back in cod 4 since they kept that in somewhat plausible settings, this invading america thing is just stupid and I wish devs would cut it out, really the only countries that could invade america are mexico and canada and I dont think either one is really eager to try it right now

S.A.S. POWAH!

The stealth suits always give it away.

Meh doesn't look like it's bringing much to the table aside from the same old

Meh, kinda looks like more of the same OTT Michael Bay nonsense to me, style over substance. It may surprise me and end up being really good, but all I know is, I didn't get any of the buzz I got watching Battlefield 3. Anyway, I guess we'll find out in November who takes the crown.

Psychophante:
Meh, kinda looks like more of the same OTT Michael Bay nonsense to me, style over substance. It may surprise me and end up being really good, but all I know is, I didn't get any of the buzz I got watching Battlefield 3. Anyway, I guess we'll find out in November who takes the crown.

Yeah well no CoD campaign has really held any weight in recent years, and I doubt this games multiplayer is going to change...anything at all. I cant wait to not play this.

This is a Trailer not gameplay.

According to the trailer, any countries with the letter E in theor name is going to be owned. Such a trajedy that the letter E is the most common letter in the english language.
I would be further sarcastic if I could be bothered typing 3 instead of E but that would be going to far.

On a side note. World War Three interesting concept, but who playings COD for the single player anymore? Not many.

Gameplay as in several forced vehicle sections and a few scenes where control will be ripped from the player right before a cutscene or at the start of a chapter. sorry not impressed at all with that, and those are the things i hate about COD as a series along with the wave based AI, run to the front to make the friendly AI push forward, or the use that particular weapon to get the story to advance and if you dont you can sit there killing wave after wave of enemies all the while having some smacktard yelling at you to use it. "get on the .50 cal!". GAAHHHH hate that crap! if I wanted to use that weapon i wouldve used it without being told to! and to top all that off... its extremly linear as a series, as in in WaW following a creek with invisible walls right on the waters edge and every single bush is a solid wall even though it looks like 3 twigs with 10 leaves a 5 year old could walk through it.

Multiplayer will be tiny maps that create fast pace because they are tiny, there will be a tiny amount of them and you will have 3-4 $15 dollar map pack DLC that should have been included in the game to begin with. there will be a huge disperity between new players and old ones because as you level up you get better weapons, and i personaly believe all weapons should be available from the start so its skill alone to base who is the best player, not who put the most time in to get the OP weapons. but It will be mindless noob tube, twitch fast paced fun so atleast it has the fast paced fun going for it even if the fast paced is artificialy created by having tiny maps.

Until COD as a series stops pulling that bs i wont touch it, last one I bought was MW, and WaW was a gift. the fast paced mindless twitch shooting in tiny maps wont sell it for me because its only fun for a little while because there is no tactics or teamwork to win. and that trailer made me really not want the game.

Right well, i shall be gettin this.

More like Modern Bore-fare 3, amirite?

As already stated, I saw less than five seconds of someone "playing" the game, and that was all from behind the wheel of a vehicle or a mounted machine gun. CoD4:MW was the last great game in this series. When Activision and IW decided to abandon PC-specific features the series lost it's multiplayer appeal for me. I tried to play MW2 online - the lack of dedicated servers that were moderated for cheaters and bigots, the lack of custom map rotations and rulesets and hardcore mode, the LAG and dropped matches - that's what console gamers are used to, and that works for them just fine. But it was a HUGE step down in functionality and, for me, enjoyment of the game.

And yes, the single-player plot of the second game was as hole-ridden as the corpses of all those terrorists I slaughtered, and just plain silly, to boot.

scw55:

On a side note. World War Three interesting concept, but who playings COD for the single player anymore? Not many.

I do! I do! I do!

Come on people! This is hardly even a teaser. Wait till they post a proper video, or even the game release before smashing their heads in.

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUUUCK!!! Activision got their first. This game must have been made by about 6 people. The infinity ward team is tiny now. Most have gone to respawn entertainment.

If respawn win the laxsuit against activision then this means activisions trailer means nothing. As much as i hate EA, i dont want activision to win.

The Odd Apple:

scw55:

I do! I do! I do!

Come on people! This is hardly even a teaser. Wait till they post a proper video, or even the game release before smashing their heads in.

First trailers usualy show the highlights of a game. look whats highlighted in that trailer. forced emplaced weapon and vehicle sections and chapter start/end parts.

Looks alright... But im not going to buy this on launch as I did with Black Ops... I really felt screwed on that one.

JET1971:

The Odd Apple:

scw55:

I do! I do! I do!

First trailers usualy show the highlights of a game. look whats highlighted in that trailer. forced emplaced weapon and vehicle sections and chapter start/end parts.

I see high-intesity gunbattles and cutscenes, the possiblity of an awesome, though farfetched story, a few revisits like the boatride and loads of other fun things. It's not gonna be a game of the year, but I enjoyed the SP of MW2 like hell, and I feel confident I'll enjoy this one too.

In the words of Anton Ego; A lot of overheated puffery.

It's amazing how much they throw at you with this trailer, yet how little it all amounts to.

Worgen:
ehh, looks like cod, impressive set pieces as usual with a more and more crazy plot, Im just waiting till they announce it was really aliens since they clearly want to go that route, the plot of a cod game has never been as good as it was back in cod 4 since they kept that in somewhat plausible settings, this invading america thing is just stupid and I wish devs would cut it out, really the only countries that could invade america are mexico and canada and I dont think either one is really eager to try it right now

WaW was very plausible. Not as good as CoD4, but WaW had a decent plot. MW2's plot was kind of stupid (i.e.: Why are there so many people on Shepard's side when HE started the war and killed his own pawns, how did Makarov know Allen was just a decoy, why didn't Allen kill Makarov and his team on the spot and say it was an accident, why is Ramirez treated like a disposable slave and what's so important about Burger Town, and why were they in Afghanistan in the beginning?), but I still cared about the characters (except for Griggs, God what a fag) and while the plot twists were abundant they got me by surprise.
Black Ops did nicely. Like WaW, it was nowhere near CoD4-status, but it was nice, action-filled, and at least it cleaned up the plot holes in time for the ending.

overtone:
FUCK FUCK FUCK FUUUCK!!! Activision got their first. This game must have been made by about 6 people. The infinity ward team is tiny now. Most have gone to respawn entertainment.

If respawn win the laxsuit against activision then this means activisions trailer means nothing. As much as i hate EA, i dont want activision to win.

'As of July 10, 2010, 38 of the 46 Infinity Ward employees who resigned from that studio following the firings of West and Zampella revealed through their LinkedIn and Facebook profiles that they had signed on with Respawn Entertainment.'

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA JOKES ON YOU KOTICK

Seriously, though, I hope Sledgehammer does good with this game's singleplayer. I wish I had some background info on them, but this is their first game as a collective team. All I know is that one of the co-founders worked at Visceral. Really doesn't help, CoD is nothing like Dead Space.

As for the multiplayer devs, Raven is kind of unclear, too. They vary from the abysmal Quake 4 to the great Marvel: Ultimate Alliance to the 'meh' Singularity and Wolfenstein.

Well, seeing they considered Quake 4 as a multiplayer-based game that was acceptable for release into our previously fine and happy world, I can safely say we're screwed!

Looks okay. As everyone has said, it has the trademark huge set pieces and general crazy goings on. Not much different from the other games though...

Also, why is everything gray? Did The Color Out of Space attack the world when everyone was distracted by the Russians? And is that the reason it is WW3, 'cause they are fighting the color and the people controlled by the color? Actually, that is not a half bad idea for a game... Someone needs to make that now! Breakfastman demands it!

Dawkter:

Worgen:

WaW was very plausible. Not as good as CoD4, but WaW had a decent plot. MW2's plot was kind of stupid (i.e.: Why are there so many people on Shepard's side when HE started the war and killed his own pawns, how did Makarov know Allen was just a decoy, why didn't Allen kill Makarov and his team on the spot and say it was an accident, why is Ramirez treated like a disposable slave and what's so important about Burger Town, and why were they in Afghanistan in the beginning?), but I still cared about the characters (except for Griggs, God what a fag) and while the plot twists were abundant they got me by surprise.
Black Ops did nicely. Like WaW, it was nowhere near CoD4-status, but it was nice, action-filled, and at least it cleaned up the plot holes in time for the ending.

waw wasnt that plausible but unfortunately I cant remember enough about it to really get into why, it was just kinda crappy, the main thing I remember about it was that the machine guns would blow off limbs (neat) and that all the guns sounded like toys (but that might have been my fault for playing bad company 2 before it, I only got to waw over the holidays)

Worgen:

Dawkter:

Worgen:

waw wasnt that plausible but unfortunately I cant remember enough about it to really get into why, it was just kinda crappy, the main thing I remember about it was that the machine guns would blow off limbs (neat) and that all the guns sounded like toys (but that might have been my fault for playing bad company 2 before it, I only got to waw over the holidays)

I suggest you play it again. It makes complete sense.

Black Ops was okay, I don't know why everyone is whining about it. As enjoyable as Yahtzee is, I have a feeling that most of the people on this site just tack on the opinions of Yahtzee and point to it, saying, "Yep, that was my opinion."

Or people are just angry that they can't create their own game so they complain about other games.

Or people are pissed that they spent 60 dollars on a game that wasn't on their skyscraper high standards and they are mad that they can't trade it back for the 60 dollars that they paid for it and will only get 6 dollars now.

Single player of every single CoD game (minus WaW, since I haven't played it) Has been \fine/. Games are always \fine/. There will not be a Jesus game that comes out until a game is literally made by nothing but machines. And this is also a teaser, calm the complaining down to a dull roar. Or at least formulate your own opinions...

Edit: Another thing I found is that the many things that people complain about is the things that have been in every single CoD game, and aren't exactly game breaking.

Sure, the UMP45 was the most used gun in MW2, along with the AK74u in Black Ops, and the MP44 in WaW, but they weren't game breaking guns.

If I wanted to play a game for some f*** off explosions, I'd fire up Split/Second; it doesn't cost two games, and you get a cool car.

Dawkter:

Worgen:

Dawkter:

I suggest you play it again. It makes complete sense.

well it makes sense because its in a historical context but that doesnt mean its full of silly unrealistic things

Humm this makes me want to go play Duty calls "boring! boring! boring!" "I AM AN ENEMY!"

Is it just me - or would Activision be better suited saving their effort and just have five seconds of:

"Modern Warfare 3; yes it still has multiplayer".

I've heard about Modern Warfare 4 too, can't remember the source. However the little information I got is that it will return to 4merica, Engl4nd, Fr4nce and Germ4ny. There is a also a one off mission in Sp4in, what that will entail hasn't been revealed however.

1:09, that look like soldiers running from zombies to anyone else?

Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer Games were planning on the inclusion of several more countries, but Robert Kotick and his supporters at Activision suggested they didn't due to the fact the other countries didn't have the letter 'E' in them, so they wouldn't fit in the trailer.

fundayz:
Meh doesn't look like it's bringing much to the table aside from the same old

this.

Thought i'd watch it since so many people have told me "It's Gonna be new and awesome" and i thought "Okay. I won't be a douche and at the very least watch the trailer before speaking about it" and yawn. It will be the same generic Shooter that has come out so many times before. Can't wait to see how many millions this sells so i can laugh at the lemmings who will shell out 60 dollars for mediocrity.

BreakfastMan:
Looks okay. As everyone has said, it has the trademark huge set pieces and general crazy goings on. Not much different from the other games though...

Also, why is everything gray? Did The Color Out of Space attack the world when everyone was distracted by the Russians? And is that the reason it is WW3, 'cause they are fighting the color and the people controlled by the color? Actually, that is not a half bad idea for a game... Someone needs to make that now! Breakfastman demands it!

So basically, a game based on that one episode of the Powderpuff Girls?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here