Trailers: inFamous 2: The Beast is Coming

inFamous 2: The Beast is Coming

A hint at a massive opponent for Cole to face off with in inFamous 2.

Watch Video

Now I want a PS3 just to get the chance to shoot whatever that is with lightning.

You mean the massive opponent that was talked about and the whole reason the bad guy targeted cole in the first place?

Yeah, because this is totally the first anyone heard of him.

But this is kind of cool, Cole likes he dress in his Infamous gear meaning this take place a week after the game ends.

If only Kessler knew what caused the beast, wrecking Empire city could have been avoided, but then we'd have no game. By the way...

WTF is this that looks nothing like Cole!?!!? damned game animators.

LaughingAtlas:
If only Kessler knew what caused the beast, wrecking Empire city could have been avoided, but then we'd have no game. By the way...

Sucker punch said no.

OutrageousEmu:
Sucker punch said no.

Alrighty, that being put to rest, can hardly wait for the next game's big revelation.

finally the infamous trailer I was looking forward to...

Cloverfield? Is that you?

LaughingAtlas:

Interesting but Sucker Punch said it's not, so maybe it's Alden? He was conspiring with Sasha to get ride of Kessler, so maybe something happened with Alden that turned him into the beast. Nothing is really said about him when he disappeared after Cole's fight with him, maybe he was around when Cole got ride of the Ray Sphere. Just guessing here.

Triforceformer:
Now I want a PS3 just to get the chance to shoot whatever that is with lightning.

Indeed, my desire to shoot a really big monster with lightning is at an apex, I do believe the creators of this trailer have succeeded.

The best part of the trailer is that it set the beast up as a super powered amazingly evil thing, yet doesn't give away it's powers, nor it's size. If you watch Cole, his head goes from looking like it's big, to looking about eye level

Why the fuck do I have to wait about 2-3 more weeks for this game to come out? I'm so excited for this game, why? Because is Sucker Punch is to follow a pattern, this will by the new best game ever, since Sly 2 is my favorite game ever, and that was also a franchise made by Sucker Punch and the 2nd followed the first instead of having a break in between, PLEASE be creatures of habit at SP, PLEASE!

this game looks awesome

I really wanna play this game.

CheckD3:
The best part of the trailer is that it set the beast up as a super powered amazingly evil thing, yet doesn't give away it's powers, nor it's size. If you watch Cole, his head goes from looking like it's big, to looking about eye level

Well to be honest the ending of the first game gave away some aspects: we know it's human and we know it rose volcanoes from the ground. Although, it wouldn't be unheard of if the beast could transform.

mike.boggs:
WTF is this that looks nothing like Cole!?!!? damned game animators.

If "looks nothing like him" you mean "looks exactly the same as he did in the last game", then yeah, I suppose.

Otherwise, this looks pretty sweet. I'm really interested in learning more about the Beast this time around, hopefully they elaborate more on his/her/its origins and abilities.

LaughingAtlas:

It does have reason, but John's death was a result of Kessler's meddling with time.

Oh well, we find out for sure in 25 days anyway.

This is one of those games that make me want to buy a PS3.
Damn.
Well, hopefully I'll be able to play it some day, anyways.

Am I the only one thinking that giant art deco statue wouldn't look out of place in Rapture?

Want.

Looks like The Beast is a god level pyrokinetic or something. In any case it looks to be a nasty psychopath type enemy. Should be fun.

I'd like to see how Cole gets out of this.

Bet it'll involve him losing his powers to set up Infamous 2.

I don't feel hyped at all.

Ninjat_126:

my bets on RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING AAAAAAWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ahem sorry about that hey its not like we dont know he cant beat it yet.

Lies, all of it. We all know that Cole's biggest opponent is Alex Mercer.
Let the battle of the identical sequels begin!

Looks sweet! Just hope I'll be able to get this game sooner rather than later. No idea when it's coming to my country...

Ninjat_126:

The devs stated Cole keeps his powers from the 1st game in inFamous 2 since the very beginning, and you'll then expand them.

Ninjat_126:

From the looks of the trailers, Cole keeps most of the powers from the first game.

He's just trying to get some more powerful ones so he stands a better chance against the Beast.

Ah yes, a Porcelain doll, no more fiendish an enemy could there be for young Starkiller...I mean Cole...yea...

Dr. wonderful:
You mean the massive opponent that was talked about and the whole reason the bad guy targeted cole in the first place?

Yeah, because this is totally the first anyone heard of him.

But this is kind of cool, Cole likes he dress in his Infamous gear meaning this take place a week after the game ends.

The thing is the beast wasn't supposed to show up for like another 12 years.

This looks epic. I've seen the other trailers but this one makes me want it even more so.

Donnyp:

In the alternate timeline, yes.

Ninjat_126:

Donnyp:

In the alternate timeline, yes.

Thats the point. He was supposed to have time to train but now he is being thrown into the fight without being truly ready. Not a huge twist but still good reason for him to run. I can't wait to see what it actually is.

Wait, did JJ Abrams get into games?

Ninjat_126:

Nope he retains his powers from the last game.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here