Name Game: Fighting Nonsense with More Nonsense

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Fighting Nonsense with More Nonsense

What other argument does Fox News really pay attention to?

Read Full Article

Yeah, summed it up quite nicely

I <3 Podi.

Figures that it would take a fellow bottom feeder to get through to Fox.
And Leels you should have realized by now that Fox isn't about News, It's about Fear.
They don't have standards, just accusations

After seeing Podi in a necktie, now I want Podi on a necktie. I would totally wear that.

And it's just sad that some portion of the population saw those Headlines and now probably thinks CoD is gonna get tax money. It's just sickening

Great comic as always. Though the real Fox News would have just called Podi a Nazi after that and continue to be assholes.

I have an absolute paranoid distrust of any "news" organization that is willing to sue to be allowed to present absolute lies as news. So, that covers Fox News.

For God's sake, why does Fox keep coming back to games? Do they all honestly think that games are the most evil things in the world that require constant vigillance? Okay, I've vented.
Seriously, someone just give Fox a rubber ball to play with.

Not having much experience with FOX News, as I don't watch the news much and try to avoid FOX News as much as possible, I was appalled at the stupidity of Asbury's "argument." Not only was he completely missing the point, he said the same 2 or 3 things every time he opened his stupid mouth, adding nothing to the argument and making him out to be a downright ass.

ARGH! I'm waiting for the day when a news organization not related to gaming can actually have a civil and rational conversation about video games. And I'm glad I'm not going to be holding my breath while I wait...

Fox news employed Glen Beck. Isn't that enough said of their credibility?

What's a "holocost?" Is that some kinda inside joke to which I'm not privy?

I laughed. Hard. Both because of this comic, and Fox's idiocy. But ping-pong... IS ART!
Also, I could never win a debate against Podi.

I really couldn't care les about what FOX news says. They're a news channel in a country on the other side of the world that, based on the evidence I've been shown here on the Escapist, treat news as if it open to artistic license to make it more entertaining. They're basically the Onion, except at least the Onion doesn't try to hide the fact that its news is all satire. Why are you even giving them this kind of attention?

The only thing that justifies the existence of this comic is Podi. In... well, in a tie.

...OK, fine, the comic can stay. Just make jokes about things that matter in future, please?

Also, more Podi.

Toasty Virus:
I <3 Podi.

Yep, that sums up my feelings nicely. My question is; where does Podi live? I mean, I assume that the others have their own place, but what does Podi do? I mean, he's (it is a guy, right?) not in every one, so I'm assuming that Podi does something when he's not dominating the strips.

...Somehow, it wouldn't surprise me if Podi was some high up exec. XD

Stuff em....Any individual with a brain knows that FOX news are always full of shit

I can just imagine podi in a trolldad comic now
SQUIRRRR
Problem?

I'm from Australia, we have some terribad news outlets as well, but nothing to the extreme of fox news. Every time I see these morons rear their ugly heads, with their investigative journalism and interviewing tards such as Gene Simmons on his views of Israel. It just infuriates me, the blatant lies and deceit it places towards it's viewers, without even having the courtesy of trying to make it look like real news. /end rant.

Great Comic as well.

Could be worse. At least they no longer have former attorney Jack Thompson on as a regularly appearing "expert" on video games and First Amendment law. That shit was painful to watch.

MasterOfWorlds:

Toasty Virus:
I <3 Podi.

Yep, that sums up my feelings nicely. My question is; where does Podi live? I mean, I assume that the others have their own place, but what does Podi do? I mean, he's (it is a guy, right?) not in every one, so I'm assuming that Podi does something when he's not dominating the strips.

Didn't they find him while cleaning up? XD

You tell em, Podi!

Andronicus:
I really couldn't care les about what FOX news says. They're a news channel in a country on the other side of the world that, based on the evidence I've been shown here on the Escapist, treat news as if it open to artistic license to make it more entertaining. They're basically the Onion, except at least the Onion doesn't try to hide the fact that its news is all satire. Why are you even giving them this kind of attention?

The only thing that justifies the existence of this comic is Podi. In... well, in a tie.

...OK, fine, the comic can stay. Just make jokes about things that matter in future, please?

Also, more Podi.

I agree with you that almost none of their news is real, the problem is that most of the American populous believes it's real. I really disagree with you about the validity of this comic. The only way America will break out of the chains the media has placed on them is with awareness. We can't let them say these sort of things and get away with it. Besides, I think it's pretty relevant that Indie developers may be getting grants.

The fact that Fox News lies so frequently does not depress me (and let's be serious, they are lying and intentionally misreporting information).

What depresses me is the large segment of the population that takes what Fox News reports at face value.

The only thing about this situation that gives me hope is that the younger generation is much more skeptical about the news media in general and gets their news from multiple resources rather than just one, making them much less susceptible to the infotainment that Fox provides.

I still feel bad for my grandfather getting riled up and misled though.

SirBryghtside:

MasterOfWorlds:

Toasty Virus:
I <3 Podi.

They did, but what does he do other than just hanging out? Or is that all he does? I'm just curious.

MasterOfWorlds:

SirBryghtside:

MasterOfWorlds:

They did, but what does he do other than just hanging out? Or is that all he does? I'm just curious.

I think Alix adopted him or... something :P

I'd give you that their argument was absolutely shite, yes. And that they were biased, filled with patchy rhetoric, and blind idiocy.

But I would have to agree with the core matter. Games should not get taxpayers money; neither should any other art form.

JDKJ:

you see, political commentators believe they are witty when they make up words that sound like other ones.

Holocost for one, is a play on Holocaust, which was the systematic extermination of many undesirables under Nazi Germany's guidelines, what I believe he was trying to do was show a correlation between the murders of 6+ million people to spending taxes on art.

Of course, this is just a guess, because if he actually DID try that, it would of came off as being insensitive and down-right embarrassing for even FOX news, since it is in bad taste to use something that had hurt an entire generation, and generations to come, not to mention entire populaces of countries as casually as he did. I mean, that would be like saying 9/11 would be a direct description of how I felt when I finished my bowl of cereal just now.

in bad taste.

seriously, why did I even buy Apple Jacks? I hate Apple Jacks!

Jungy 365:
For God's sake, why does Fox keep coming back to games?

Want to make people watch? Feed their fears. Terrorism, video games, Marylin Manson, Satanic child abuse, Elvis's hips, Communism, witches.... The TV news industry got its first lesson in this when everyone was glued to their sets watching "Tail Gunner" Joe McCarthy try ruin innocent lives in the name of patriotism and protecting people from "sexual perverts" (translation: homosexuals).

vxicepickxv:
I have an absolute paranoid distrust of any "news" organization that is willing to sue to be allowed to present absolute lies as news. So, that covers Fox News.

Covers most televised news organizations. And newspapers. Every news story I've been involved in has ended with me reading a newspaper or watching a newscast and saying "That didn't happen!"

I do like this comic, keep up the awesome work.

CosmicCommander:

But I would have to agree with the core matter. Games should not get taxpayers money; neither should any other art form.

I agree, taxpayers money should only go towards things that directly benefit society.

Kalezian:

JDKJ:

you see, political commentators believe they are witty when they make up words that sound like other ones.

Holocost for one, is a play on Holocaust, which was the systematic extermination of many undesirables under Nazi Germany's guidelines, what I believe he was trying to do was show a correlation between the murders of 6+ million people to spending taxes on art.

Of course, this is just a guess, because if he actually DID try that, it would of came off as being insensitive and down-right embarrassing for even FOX news, since it is in bad taste to use something that had hurt an entire generation, and generations to come, not to mention entire populaces of countries as casually as he did. I mean, that would be like saying 9/11 would be a direct description of how I felt when I finished my bowl of cereal just now.

in bad taste.

Glenn Beck made Holocaust comparisons all the time on his Fox show. He once said, "This is exactly the kind of talk that led to the death camps in Germany . . . ." The Third Reich is frequently raised by Beck. The Washington Post's Dana Milbank recently added up the post-Obama inauguration references on Beck's show to Nazis or Nazism (202), Adolf Hitler (147), fascism (193), and Nazi propaganda minister Joseph Goebbels (24).

What I'm annoyed with is how they clearly didn't do any research at all. If they even skimmed the NEA guidelines, they would have known that Call of Duty was not one of the games that qualified for funding. I'm appalled with how they get away with reporting on news without doing research. You would think they would have to go through some approval if it's getting aired on national TV?

It's fox news, even if they did research they would have still done and said the exact same things, its kind of their thing. Besides, they don't need it, the piles of cartilage that are its faithful viewers would still believe it if fox news said that giant mole people from space would rise from the graves of our loved ones and eat us alive if we did not sacrifice our first-born children.

JDKJ:

Kalezian:

JDKJ:

in bad taste.

Glenn Beck made Holocaust comparisons all the time on his Fox show. He once said, "This is exactly the kind of talk that led to the death camps in Germany . . . ." The Third Reich is frequently raised by Beck. The Washington Post's Dana Milbank recently added up the post-Obama inauguration references on Beck's show to Nazis or Nazism (202), Adolf Hitler (147), fascism (193), and Nazi propaganda minister Joseph Goebbels (24).

but you see, Glenn Beck, who raped and killed a young girl in the 1990's, is an idiot, which is a bit scary, I mean...

If Fox News gives someone like Glenn Beck, who raped and killed a young girl in the 1990's, a talk show, who else would they give a show to?

Fred Phelps and Harold Ray Redfeairn [as far as I could research, the current leader of the Aryan Nations] in the Morning, only on Fox News!

HankMan:
Figures that it would take a fellow bottom feeder to get through to Fox.
And Leels you should have realized by now that Fox isn't about News, It's about Fear.
They don't have standards, just accusations

Hit the nail right on the head.

Had it been real life they would have called Podi a communist-marxist-nazi that wants to destroy all notion of capitalism.

Jungy 365:
For God's sake, why does Fox keep coming back to games? Do they all honestly think that games are the most evil things in the world that require constant vigillance?

Fox News is owned by News Corp. News Corp, owned by Rupert Murdoch, also owns IGN.

Go figure.

Kalezian:

JDKJ:

Kalezian:

in bad taste.

I hadn't heard that meme in a while.

but you see, Glenn Beck, who raped and killed a young girl in the 1990's, is an idiot, which is a bit scary, I mean...

If Fox News gives someone like Glenn Beck, who raped and killed a young girl in the 1990's, a talk show, who else would they give a show to?

Fred Phelps and Harold Ray Redfeairn [as far as I could research, the current leader of the Aryan Nations] in the Morning, only on Fox News!

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here