The Escapist Presents: Extra Credits Innovation Awards at Login 2011

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Extra Credits Innovation Awards at Login 2011

James and the Extra Credits crew were on-hand at Login 2011 to present the Extra Credits Innovation Awards.

Watch Video

For some reason I always thought the voice on Extra Credits was his real voice! Guess not. Congrats to all the winners!

de5gravity:
For some reason I always thought the voice on Extra Credits was his real voice! Guess not. Congrats to all the winners!

Gah! I started typing something similar then realized ninja. I wasn't ever sure, but I guess I just didn't know who or how to ask.

Awesome, guys. Really awesome. There's no other word for it... except... "Ding!" heh.

Fan rant: Too bad I couldn't nominate Guild Wars 2 and The Old Republic. They're shaping up to have some really cool innovations in the MMO genre, but they are too big (in file size), too AAA, and too "not finished yet". *sigh*, maybe next year...

I just watched the new extra credits and I thought to myself, thats probably not his real voice...now I know

de5gravity:

Same here.
I'm disappointed Daniel, your awesome voice is a lie! :P

Although, James looks exactly like I thought he would from his cartoon version xD

Wow, I feel sorry for you guys. Looks like no one showed up. Need more publicity for next year.

Great awards for great games regardless.

Sober Thal:
Wow, I feel sorry for you guys. Looks like no one showed up. Need more publicity for next year.

Yeah, looks like it was a quiet event. Is there any intention to put more footage from Login 2011 on The Escapist?

To finally meet you three in person... Ish. Was really nice. Good to get a proper look at you people! Keep up the great work!

Sober Thal:

Great awards for great games regardless.

You got to start somewhere. I am sure they will get more buzz next year.

Looked like a nice event.
And yes, when i heard Daniel's voice, i did think "hey, you're not that guy!". Silly old me.
But made me think, why use a different voice? It does sound good, no complaints whatsoever, but just interested...

Owlslayer:
And yes, when i heard Daniel's voice, i did think "hey, you're not that guy!". Silly old me.
But made me think, why use a different voice? It does sound good, no complaints whatsoever, but just interested...

It seems that the voice is sped up a little, so my guess is that it is probably to allow it to fit in a time limit of roughly five minutes.

de5gravity:

I always figured it wasn't but I was never sure. :)

Nice 2 see the real faces behind the show and congrats for the winners!

Daniel, your voice is a lie!!!

But that's okay, looks like a really fun and informative awards conference. I really wish I could have been there. Maybe next year :D

It's on now. I hope the awards helped the developers nominated get some well-deserved recognition. This needs to be done again next year.

Also, I'm convinced the real Daniel was away and that was a substitute we saw :)

I would disagree that being Hamlet, a manic depressive suffering an edopus complex, kicks ass.

no one appears to have noticed this ep went up :P

:D <---- My face througout the video!

Electrogecko:

de5gravity:

Gah! I started typing something similar then realized ninja. I wasn't ever sure, but I guess I just didn't know who or how to ask.

Owlslayer:

The Random Paradox:

Owlslayer:

It seems that the voice is sped up a little, so my guess is that it is probably to allow it to fit in a time limit of roughly five minutes.

Daniel talked about this on the Digital Cowboys podcast. His first 2 videos (on youtube) were school projects and they had to be as close to 10:00 as possible. By the time he finished his first one, it was over time, and he was tired, so he just sped it up, and then people got used to that.

2xDouble:
Awesome, guys. Really awesome. There's no other word for it... except... "Ding!" heh.

Fan rant: Too bad I couldn't nominate Guild Wars 2 and The Old Republic. They're shaping up to have some really cool innovations in the MMO genre, but they are too big (in file size), too AAA, and too "not finished yet". *sigh*, maybe next year...

Wait what? from what i have seen of ToR videos its not nearly high enough on innovation to be nominated. My enthusiasm for ToR got done when i saw the combat videos and noticed its the same thing repackaged to have some contrived nonsense.

Don't get me wrong i will play it for that free month but they its going in the bottom of my desk for a year and then moved to the top left corner of my closet with the other games i don't care about.

very interesting.... also..... i never realised she was so attractive....

Aww... I wanted to hear about the Potato Sack ARG... You show one frame of it, and then cut away...

Why does he do a different voice?

Crap I've seen his real life counterpart and heard his actual voice. The illusion is RUINED!

de5gravity:

I mean, IT IS CLEARLY NOT REAL, but i had that 'fantasy' too.
It would of been awesome tough. ._.
I could listen to that high pitched voice for hours haha.

Cool! Is there a list of winners or a full video of the night coming? Did Tesla: The Weather Man get any prizes?

Man, James is absolutely adorable! It was nice to see your real-life selves!

Sooo...

Where can I get one of those shirts they showed with the angel and devil monitors? Totally cute.

AHHA!

So that's what you people look like!

James actually looks recognisably similar to his little cartoon jelly-bean avatar.

HOLY CRAP, I got to see (and hear) what Dan looks (and sounds) like in real life! That is AWESOME! I was almost upset that it was just going to be James again. Don't get me wrong, James is awesome, but Dan's the face of the show! He started these series of videos before James got involved, back when he was still on YouTube... Right?

Anyway, awesome stuff, can't wait to see what games pop up next year!

IndianaJonny:

Sober Thal:

Yeah, looks like it was a quiet event. Is there any intention to put more footage from Login 2011 on The Escapist?

I helped run a charity benefit earlier this year, the first in hopefully the annual series. We have less than 50 people show up, but raised close to $150 for the charity, not much. But it is hopefully a start to something good. Just like this may be the first and somewhat lacking in audience, but now that it is know, it will get bigger each year, until it is along the lines of something giant.

Hungry Donner:

de5gravity:

I always figured it wasn't but I was never sure. :)

Haha, I thought the same. I didn't think it was his voice but yet I couldn't really know.

Anyway, it's good to see the real people sometimes. I felt happy for the winners too. Great job guys!
I want some of that swag though ><

Looks like she who draws pretty pictures is rather pretty herself =)

Keep on trucking, EC!

Congrats to all the winners.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook