Trailers: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D: Features

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D: Features

See all the new features with the new and improved 3D version of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Watch Video

Well... It SEEMS a bit silly to put up a 2D video of 3D features, that can only be viewed with the 3D screen of the 3DS. I think. I honestly don't know what to make of the trailer.

I feel sorry for the people responsible for advertising 3DS stuff.

It must be like trying to advertise music with billboards.

...Wait, was he using a wooden shield against Dodongo? Does he not know where the Hylian Shield is?? And some of the new features look pretty good. Can't wait to explore them myself. Nice to see what I'm assuming is the super guide-esque function pushed off to an ancillary bit of implementation, instead of always in your face.

I think All I took away from this was realizing that the 3ds only has one analog stick... sigh.

KPopGamer:
First! And I need this game so bad now! If only I had some money for a 3DS. TT__TT

Saying first is like signing a contract that says "please report me" So it would be wise to edit your post and never do that again....

While I don't have a 3DS yet, and probably won't have one for a while, I am looking forward to this. My favourite game from my childhood is being updated, and I think the changes made look great. Also, gives people who were too young near the time or didn't play it to see why so many people love it.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to spend the next hour here.
http://www.zreomusic.com/listen

It looks like we'll be able to run much faster with the iron boots on underwater.

Electrogecko:
It looks like we'll be able to run much faster with the iron boots on underwater.

Not only that, but be able to change our boots without going into the start menu! Life will be so much easier!

Littleman64:

Electrogecko:

Not only that, but be able to change our boots without going into the start menu! Life will be so much easier!

Yes, well, I thought that fact was shoved in our faces quite effectively in the trailer and that was one of the first things Miyamoto said would be fixed.

I guess that means we'll be able to hotkey any piece of equipment we please....either that, or entering certain areas will automatically bind certain items for you, but I highly doubt that's the case.

If I do in fact get a 3DS (for whatever reason) then I'll definitely get this game. I mean I already beat Master Quest but...

...Boss challenge mode like Majora's Mask...

*froths at mouth*

Duly noted. Won't happen again.

I don't know, if that is the extent of the changes it is a little disappointing. Hints are a good idea for new people but besides the iron boots functionality there seems little of value for returning players. Bosses were cool but not as fun to re-fight as in action games like the Megaman series (I thought it was great ZX:A finally got round to having a boss select).

I guess I wouldn't want OoT changed too much but some extra content and minigames would be nice, such as a new dungeon.

I really love the original game (got butterflies hearing the hyrule field morning theme again) but don't feel too compelled to get this. Maybe once 3DS is more established and has some good (and non-port) games I'll consider getting one.

Oh, and I'll be annoyed if they don't give a better reward for getting 100 skulltulas. Nothing so essential as to make us feel compelled, but enough to get something out of it. An actual use for the ice arrows would be nice too.

I hope you'll be able to bind what would have been the C-buttons to the D-Pad. I like to do as minimal touch screening as possible during games like this. The iron boots are an added bonus though, no more menu surfing!

I'm totally excited for this game. I've played it tons of times on the N64. I've played it again and again on my GameCube.
This update looks fantastic as well. Absolutely gorgeous update of the visuals.
Can't wait to get a 3DS and play the heck out of this game (and SF4, for that matter).

Aren't they doing a Star Fox remake as well?
I'll be getting that too.

Now, if only I had some money!

WANT!!

Just have to say... it looks beautiful in 3d.
We got to play it at the London ComicCon on Saturday, the 3d looks excellent.

But from this trailer you get very little of what you get from the demo, I feel sorry for anyone who has to market 3d to a wide audience.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here