Trailers: Hunted: The Demon's Forge Launch

Hunted: The Demon's Forge Launch

E'lara and Caddoc travel together to uncover the secrets of the Demon's Forge.

Watch Video

Video won't work for me, which sucks because I really want to see more about this game.

Ive been woundering what this game actually is and all I can say is ARE THEY BADASS OR STUPID!? I cant tell , if I lived in this dark nightmare world I wouldnt leave the house without at least plate armour, these two look like a pair of nudest's.

Love it :D

While it's light on banter, which is what has really drawn me to the game, this is hilarious!

Looks great, actually. Too bad that was a horrible cover song O_o

ZeroMachine:
Looks great, actually. Too bad that was a horrible cover song O_o

Seriously, are there so few original tracks that pack a punch that you have to use some pseudo-witty emo cover? I could make a better trailer with The Beatles song.

Looks quite interesting, although I was slightly surprised it said it was a dungeon crawler, it didn't look like it. The remix-of-classic-recognizable-song trend in game trailers is cool, can create something completely different to the original, as seen here.

Hmm... Shiny.

I can't help but wonder if this game were rated "T" if E'lara's outfit would garner a "suggestive themes" rating qualifier- there seems to be a bit of a double standard.

That's what I call a poorly chosen song...

I can't help but wonder, why are they so keen on telling us that it is a cooperative experience while showing us footage that obviously lack anything that can be called cooperation?

I'm just bashing a bit on the trailers, the game looks sweet.

Nice trailer,poor choice of music though.Doesn't fit the trailer at all.

If I do get this game I will probably play with Caddoc.The fact that he only uses one hand and shield makes me a bit reluctant of buying this game.I don't like playing a tank nor an archer in these co-op games.

NathLines:
I can't help but wonder, why are they so keen on telling us that it is a cooperative experience while showing us footage that obviously lack anything that can be called cooperation?

I'm just bashing a bit on the trailers, the game looks sweet.

They do, it's just a little hard to notice. One time I think Caddoc froze a whole bunch of enemies around him and E'lana finished them off with her bow. Then there's the time when one of them mans a turret of some sorts while the other defends them.
There's a few more instances.
Then again seeing as combat is co-op oriented you can'have too many of the same distinct repeat-sequences in there like the Prince and Elika with their whole acrobatic performance. It'd get tedious. So I guess it's more of a "tank draws aggro and archer finishes most creeps off with criticals from a distance" kind of co-op.

I loved the trailer but I could've gone with a different song, they were trying way too hard on that one.

I completely forgot this is coming up soon, Jesus how time flies.

The music was horrible, but I am somewhat looking forward to the game. If it is reviewed well I will pick it up when it is $40 or so for some coop fun.

double

decent looking game.

Music was not the best but the hate its gotten from you guys is a little bit over the top in my opinion.

The actual piece was not the bit that didn't work. It was merely the lyrics.

Looks very enjoyable, despite the questionable choice in backing track. Very nice and visceral.

All I'll say is, it better have splitscreen as well as online.

Whoever that was just now, warbling over the poorly chosen trailer music, he needs drug therapy. You know, the kind where someone blasts you in the face with buckshot so you won't do drugs anymore.

Looks like it might be fun... but it's Bethesda. I'm calling it now: Anyone who buys this will spend hours cursing over the ridiculous amount of bugs.

I bought the game today. It's a strange title, I'll say that.

Graphics are terrible, or at least the character models are. There are a few nice vistas shown off, though there's far, far to much brown. Level design consists of 4 foot wide linear pathways with occasional branching. Story is pretty cliche and not very catchy.

But the voice acting and banter between the characters is great. The combat is gritty, visceral and rewarding; I guarentee you'll fall in love with the bow. The first few times you hit a humanoid in the chest and hear that hefty "thud" noise, followed by him falling back dramatically... only matched by your first headshot and the messy explosion that follows. Hell yeah! Melee fighting is also good.

There's also the random loot thing, which adds an addictive Diablo element, and the co-op works really well. Like a fantasy Resident Evil 5. So all in all, I'm kiiinnddaaa interested, but I don't think I'll keep it. Take it back and pick it up when it's half price and I don't have 3 or 4 AAA titles to play. Not worth a day one purchase, but sale pick up for sure.

Yowch, why is everyone hating on Filter? It isn't their best song (Hey Man, Nice Shot) but still.

Anyway, I hate the character design, but the game could still be interesting.

Rather an odd pairing in my opinion. The song itself really doesn't fit with the relationship between those two.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here