Trailers: Assassin's Creed: Revelations Debut

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Assassin's Creed: Revelations Debut

Ezio reflects on his life thus far and asks for answers.

Watch Video

Cool cant wait for this game

Lol, i love the ad at the ending. Cant wait till this game comes out.
/generic post

Wow. Even though I didn't see much, the game lokks epic.
I hope that the PC version doesn't get delayed.

BJ777:

I hope so too. I really like the AC series

Aww, that reminds me that i still haven't finished the 2nd one and then theres brotherhood..

So all will be revealed with the stuff that's long-past, not the things going on in the present...

Is it just me or are the graphics way better than before? I really hope so, and I especially hope that they've done something about the awful amounts of pop-ups.

Anyway, no doubt that it'll be good again. I just hope the recurring cast won't get stale in this game. At least I reckon that this'll be the last we'll see from Ezio.

kasperbbs:
Aww, that reminds me that i still haven't finished the 2nd one and then theres brotherhood..

I have the same problem. I really should get to it... Meh. Maybe after the exams are over. Still, looks cool.

Cowabungaa:

Anyway, no doubt that it'll be good again. I just hope the recurring cast won't get stale in this game. At least I reckon that this'll be the last we'll see from Ezio.

Hell, I hope its the last we see of him.

I mean yeah, he's cool and all, but he had his run. Twice. I want to play as someone new in a new time period already!

Cowabungaa:
Is it just me or are the graphics way better than before?

Those are called cinematics. Like this.

Anyway, all I came here for was to say that they reused the music from a trailer for a fairly recent title, so shame on them for being so unoriginal!

Aaaand I'm out.

Hammeroj:
snip

I don't know, at least some small parts looked like regular combat gameplay. Regardless, even the cinematics didn't look that good in the previous AC's. And if they've become better it might be good news for the regular graphics as well.

Really? All will be revealed? How are they going to make more sequels if everything is already being revealed to us? O_o

Fucking hell, do we really need another game with Ezio? We've done 2 of those already, why can't we just move on this series needs a new hero, a new era, shake up the settings and the mechanics, explore a different culture rather than another fucking game in Italy.

leviadragon99:
So all will be revealed with the stuff that's long-past, not the things going on in the present...

Those won't be completely covered, but it's been confirmed that you will play as Desmond and that his parts, gameplay wise, will be more interesting.

Direct quote from the Assassin's Creed wiki:

The modern day aspect of the game will also be upgraded with a new feature labeled, "revolutionary gameplay", in which Desmond Miles will need to change th construct of his ancestors' memories and, in the process, unravel the future.

To do this, Desmond will enter the Animus and find a safe-mode called the "Black Room," where he will reintegrate the splintered layers of his subconscious.

so is this the 3rd AC or is it just another DLC style game that we will get charged 60 dollars for?

OmniscientOstrich:
Fucking hell, do we really need another game with Ezio? We've done 2 of those already, why can't we just move on this series needs a new hero, a new era, shake up the settings and the mechanics, explore a different culture rather than another fucking game in Italy.

First off, it's the finale to Ezio's story as well as Altair's- you'll end up playing as both of them.

Also, the game won't be taking place in Italy (though I'm assuming it may at the very start, like Brotherhood started at the Villa Auditore). It will start with the player going to Masyaf (the Assassin fortress in the first game) and then the majority of the game will take place in Constantinople.

Donnyp:
so is this the 3rd AC or is it just another DLC style game that we will get charged 60 dollars for?

You're kidding, right? Brotherhood was the most well constructed game in the series and was easily as long as the first one (longer if you go for a 100% sync).

Not to mentioned it was the most highly praised one, if I remember correctly.

Cowabungaa:

Hammeroj:
snip

I don't know, at least some small parts looked like regular combat gameplay. Regardless, even the cinematics didn't look that good in the previous AC's. And if they've become better it might be good news for the regular graphics as well.

Doubt that. Consoles can only handle so much. Was there even a noticeable technical improvement in graphics between AC and AC2?

Hammeroj:

Cowabungaa:

Hammeroj:
snip

Doubt that. Consoles can only handle so much. Was there even a noticeable technical improvement in graphics between AC and AC2?

Yup. And even moreso between AC2 and Brotherhood. Go play them one after another.

EDIT: For the record, you're right, those are pre-rendered scenes. If they aren't, though, I will crap my pants with glee.

ZeroMachine:

Hammeroj:

Cowabungaa:

Yup. And even moreso between AC2 and Brotherhood. Go play them one after another.

Haven't played either of them at length and have no interest in it. The reason I asked is because I haven't really noticed it between the AC on my PC and the AC2 on my friend's PS3. If they did improve, they did what I thought was next to impossible, then.

To be fair, Altair got two spin-off games, Altair's Chronicles (DS) and Bloodlines (PSP). Ezio's sequels/spin-offs are just coming to the home consoles instead of handhelds. The series has proved itself now, so Ubisoft can justify the development costs.

Hammeroj:

ZeroMachine:

Hammeroj:

Haven't played either of them at length and have no interest in it. The reason I asked is because I haven't really noticed it between the AC on my PC and the AC2 on my friend's PS3. If they did improve, they did what I thought was next to impossible, then.

That surprises me... the Assassin's Creed series is FAR from being the graphical king of the PS3 or 360.

Just look at Mass Effect 2, Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, or Red Dead Redemption.

Hell, even Halo Reach looks better in many ways.

Perhaps a bit dull with another game where Ezio is the main character. I like Ezio, and I love the era, but I would like to see something new!

...We just saw a trailer, for a trailer. And I'm excited for the real trailer. Well played, Ubisoft. Just make it publicly aware what we will be doing with Ezio, Altair, and Desmond, like what they'll be searching for, and we'll be golden.

Ralen-Sharr:

BJ777:

screw this, i watched the trailer on machinima and it said in the description:
Developer: Ubisoft
Release: Q4/2011
Genre: Action/Adventure
Platform: PS3/X360
Publisher: Ubisoft

see it? PLATFORM: PS3/X360

i hate ubisoft, at first it delays the pc title and then it even doesn't make it. Let's go destroy ubisoft xD

Timi Pungracic:

Ralen-Sharr:

BJ777:

screw this, i watched the trailer on machinima and it said in the description:
Developer: Ubisoft
Release: Q4/2011
Genre: Action/Adventure
Platform: PS3/X360
Publisher: Ubisoft

see it? PLATFORM: PS3/X360

i hate ubisoft, at first it delays the pc title and then it even doesn't make it. Let's go destroy ubisoft xD

I read that it will in fact come to PC, too. But if that was true, I'd be seriously pissed.

Nice looking teaser now if we could get a release date so I could start saving up, really looking forward to see how they rap up the series.

Hammeroj:

Cowabungaa:

Anyway, all I came here for was to say that they reused the music from a trailer for a fairly recent title, so shame on them for being so unoriginal!

Aaaand I'm out.

dam you ! i was like lolwtf mass effect trailer copy MUST GO MAKE COMMENT ABOUT IT but you seem to have beat me here lol

ZeroMachine:

OmniscientOstrich:

First off, it's the finale to Ezio's story as well as Altair's- you'll end up playing as both of them.

Also, the game won't be taking place in Italy (though I'm assuming it may at the very start, like Brotherhood started at the Villa Auditore). It will start with the player going to Masyaf (the Assassin fortress in the first game) and then the majority of the game will take place in Constantinople.

Ah Turkey, at least it's a change in setting. Although I'd kind of hoped that we'd experience another era in time, desplaying technological evolution in weaponry/gameplay as well as the cultural shift, something in the 18th/19th century to move things forward rather then clinging to Ezio and Altair.

joeman098:

Hammeroj:

Cowabungaa:

Aaaand I'm out.

dam you ! i was like lolwtf mass effect trailer copy MUST GO MAKE COMMENT ABOUT IT but you seem to have beat me here lol

I just want to know what that song is I must add it to the collection.

OmniscientOstrich:

ZeroMachine:

OmniscientOstrich:

Ah Turkey, at least it's a change in setting. Although I'd kind of hoped that we'd experience another era in time, desplaying technological evolution in weaponry/gameplay as well as the cultural shift, something in the 18th/19th century to move things forward rather then clinging to Ezio and Altair.

Oh, I'd like to see a new era too. I'm just glad that we're going to get a big finish for Ezio and Altair because I always felt like Altair was a little left in the dust...

Also, don't worry about it happening again, because:

scar_47:
Nice looking teaser now if we could get a release date so I could start saving up, really looking forward to see how they rap up the series.

It's not going to be the end of the series. It's going to be the end of Ezio's story. They've already said that the actual "Assassin's Creed III" will have a different past-life protagonist.

Cool, that means Brotherhood should be dirt cheap soon. I like the Assassin's Creed series, especially since I haven't paid full price for a single copy yet.

ZeroMachine:

leviadragon99:

Those won't be completely covered, but it's been confirmed that you will play as Desmond and that his parts, gameplay wise, will be more interesting.

Direct quote from the Assassin's Creed wiki:

The modern day aspect of the game will also be upgraded with a new feature labeled, "revolutionary gameplay", in which Desmond Miles will need to change th construct of his ancestors' memories and, in the process, unravel the future.

To do this, Desmond will enter the Animus and find a safe-mode called the "Black Room," where he will reintegrate the splintered layers of his subconscious.

That sound batshit, but amazing.

This is looking like a day 1 purchase, and we've not even got gameplay footage yet!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here