Trailers: Dragon's Dogma: Griffin Attack

Dragon's Dogma: Griffin Attack

A party of adventurers take down a griffin in Dragon's Dogma.

Watch Video

Huh. That was surprisingly invigorating, considering I've never heard of it before. Now I have all sorts of questions. To the internet!

castlewise:
Huh. That was surprisingly invigorating, considering I've never heard of it before. Now I have all sorts of questions. To the internet!

Yeah. What he said!

When will there be a game that lets me play a giant monster ripping apart a bunch of rpg style adventurers?

Honestly, hasn't this whole generic tank, archer, mage, party thing been done enough already?

I want to set a griffon on fire, too!

So far, this looks like a western-rpg with character creation and multiplayer that lets you kill really big things in God of War/SoTC-like combat.

Awesome.

This game is relevant to my interests. I will keep it under my watchful eyes.

holy fuck man, that looks like a combination of monster hunter, dragon age, and something else that I cant think of right now

the grab function reminds me a lot of shadow of the colossus which i really like O.O ... and the gameplay seems very much like hunted(which i did not play yet, but still looks good) ... and the character switch reminds me a lot of Kotor which i also really like... i may have to check this out

Cool though that was, wouldn't it be far more efficient to capture tame, and then ride the griffon?

I so want that game now.

awww, poor griffon was only trying to find food for it's chicks :(
on a related note, would they be chicks(eaglets even) or cubs? cos of the half eagle half lion thing

So when does that game come out?

I'll keep an eye out for this one.

That was sweet, this game officially has my attention, fingers crossed that this doesn't suck.

I was originally not very interested in this , mostly because it looks like another uninspired traditional fantasy but the game play at least loos pretty damn interesting so I'm going to keep my eye on this one.

Wow, this looked way better than the Hydra preview (where shooting an arrow managed to slice off one a head).

If they get the collision detection right and if i can stop my team from saying stupid phrases like "Take the offensive!" then i shall be getting this game. Otherwise....no.

That might be the first time that party chatter got on my nerves before I even played the game.

"I will still the beast!"
"Take the offensive!"
"Please shut up!"

Look great, but no PC version. D:

Worgen:
holy fuck man, that looks like a combination of monster hunter, dragon age, and something else that I cant think of right now

I think you mean a combo of DA, MH and Demon's Souls.
Do want.

Did the running seem slow to anyone else?

castlewise:

My exact feelings on the matter.

Damn ninjas... Always stealing my posts...

GreenII:
When will there be a game that lets me play a giant monster ripping apart a bunch of rpg style adventurers?

Honestly, hasn't this whole generic tank, archer, mage, party thing been done enough already?

This.

I want to be able to burn down villages of annoying people, not continuously run errands for them god damn it.

Well... while the aesthetic looks bland, at least the combat mechanics seem allright, a seeming emphasis on teamup moves...

Why can you fire the bow like its a semi-auto pistol?

Oh hey, that looks pretty coo... oh wait, console exclusive. Nevermind then.

Annoying chatter is annoying. Hopefully the devs will include an option to turn it off.

Other than that, this is starting to look really nice. The first preview with the Hydra was iffy, but this looks much more refined. If they can come up with an interface that's not as horrendously complicated as current average console RPGs, this might turn out quite entertaining. :)

Captcha: Kara-kul Poluri. ... And there's the name for our protagonist, ladies and gents.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here