Trailers: F.E.A.R. 3: Soul Survivor

F.E.A.R. 3: Soul Survivor

Hunt spectres or hunt as one in the Soul Survivor mode of F.E.A.R. 3.

Watch Video

F.E.A.R. needs a new title.

I mean, F.E.A.R. 2 was a great fun shooter but the 'fear' part was gone. And now that the 3rd game has co-op for the whole campaign, it seems clear it's going the way of Resi and dumping horror for cheap thrills, a constant companion and big bangs.

Which is all fine and dandy for a normal shooter, but the game's title is kinda misleading now.

I'm sure it'll still be enjoyable though.

"Soul Survivor"? Someone call Horatio Caine...

NLS:

Don't worry, I'm sure he's here...
*puts on sunglasses*
in spirit

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

These game modes look fun but I guess as usual this game is going to go unnoticed.

When i heard the announcement of a third F.E.A.R. I think i cried a little.

But this might not be as bad. At least it's different than the last few games.

^

I liked the second one.

that voiceover ruined it...

way too over dramatic

but hey..atleast the multiplayer looks better fear 2's

that was terrible...sucked hard

HankMan:

NLS:

Don't worry, I'm sure he's here...
*puts on sunglasses*
in spirit

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Jesus, you've been whipping those out like a pedophile's junk at a preschool today.

Wow, that turned out more offensive than I expected.

OT: At least they're trying to make it different. I don't like this new direction going from a horror game where you shoot things to a shooter with supernatural elements, but at least the multiplayer isn't your standard TDM, CTF and all that.

I actually liked the voiceover somewhat. It wasn't nearly as cheesy as this wanker voicing over the Crysis 2 multiplayer video. Unlike the Crysis 2 guy, the Fthreear guy actually described gameplay instead of making terribad puns.

i hope the SP is still being considered and not only focused on the MP. the first game was really good, part 2 was alright, still like it. part 3 i hope still will be good and enjoyable. they say that the scary parts are not scripted as in the last 2, so this means you can play it again and you dont know when the next monster will come :P lol. hope thats true.
MP i sure will try out once i have finished the SP.

So it's Infection from Halo 3, only with the added bonus of being able to possess enemies? Which seem to be mostly melee? So It's exactly like Infection from Halo 3.

What I would like to see is an option for the not-infected players to win. Say, maybe a time limit of a minutes + 2 minutes per player? So an 8-way match has an 18-minute time limit.

Whatever. No multiplayer mode will ever be as fun as Halo 3's mythic Rocket Race.

Captcha: status ipearo

Chronologist:
So it's Infection from Halo 3, only with the added bonus of being able to possess enemies? Which seem to be mostly melee? So It's exactly like Infection from Halo 3.

What I would like to see is an option for the not-infected players to win. Say, maybe a time limit of a minutes + 2 minutes per player? So an 8-way match has an 18-minute time limit.

Whatever. No multiplayer mode will ever be as fun as Halo 3's mythic Rocket Race.

Okay.

8 players doesn't sound like a lot though. There will have to be a time limit.. the trailer said something about the players trying to survive against the ghost or whatever. It's common sense that they'll have some way of winning the match, rather than waiting to die.

The combat won't be mostly melee. Once you possess someone you'll be able to use guns.

I've never played Halo 3 but you sound like a maniac.

That made me giggle.

"Ammo is scarce" *cue 5 clips of marines emptying their guns into enemy's*

Yeah, scarce :P

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook