Miracle of Sound: Mortal Kombat Party

Pages PREV 1 2

Another kickin' awesome song! Great job! I am loving your stuff!

second favorite song so far, still like your dragon age one best. :P

the funniest fatality for me is quan chi's first fatality BEAT DOWN

When's the fallout 3 one coming though?

Still, keep up the friggin' awesome work dude.

Awesome ;D

fantastic video mate it makes me wanna go and kick some ass with my favorite MK character: Sonya.....now if you'll excuse me......

While I've never played the game, I've seen a lot of matches, and I really like the look of it, so maybe I'll pick it up.
By the way, is it just me, or do these songs make you really in the mood to play these games?

[The]Rock:
When's the fallout 3 one coming though?

Very soon!

pwnsore:
Like the song a lot. But never having played the game, I thought Yahtzee was making too big a deal out of the finishers. Now that I have seen them, holy shit. That is so much overkill I'm actually disturbed.

I highly recommend an actual Mortal Kombat party. It's hilarious watching peoples' reactions to the finishers!

Boba Frag:

I'm still cackling with glee at those horrible, horrible finish moves...
I think this is your funniest one so far- so glad you're still cranking the out!

Lots more to come :)

F-I-D-O:
So...
Does this count as a recommendation?
Damn, I need to get this game. Apparently I'm missing out
If you do another fighting game, might I suggest Marvel vs Capcom 3? You could probably have some fun with that.
Great song as always miracle. Fit the game perfectly. Now if you excuse me, I need to stare at iTunes until Mind of the Bat shows up.

Yes, it's definitely a recommendation, especially if you've a bunch of buddies who'll play it with you.

Mind Of The Bat is up now on bandcamp and should be processed through Itunes in a day or two.

NKnight:
That's awesome, please don't stop contributing to The Escapist. I do kind of feel like playing Mortal kombat now...

No plans of stopping dude, don't worry!

LobsterFeng:
I just got hit in the face with nostalgia. Those were some good times.

Sure were!. Remember how shocking Mortal Kombat used to be back in the day?

Caramel Frappe:
Ultra Thumb Up Party for your successful video!

Thank you :)

meganmeave:
I am definitely less mature now that I'm older.

Aren't we all :D

Cenequus:
Song pretty mediocre imo compared to the song Jace Hall made.

I'm afraid you'll never hear a song like his one from me... it has great production values but I don't do the whole 'spend 3 minutes rapping about how good I am at the game' thing that seems to be all over Youtube.

Super awesome song! I felt this had the right balance: the repetition of the lyrics wasn't too much, and they were worked well with the song. Did you have a lot of fun doing this?

Xathos:
Super awesome song! I felt this had the right balance: the repetition of the lyrics wasn't too much, and they were worked well with the song. Did you have a lot of fun doing this?

Yep. Had a lot of fun with the game too, I think that spirit carried over into the song :)

MiracleOfSound:
Very soon!

Not soon enough.

it was....ok
Liked the previous ones much better

MiracleOfSound:

Cenequus:
Song pretty mediocre imo compared to the song Jace Hall made.

I'm afraid you'll never hear a song like his one from me... it has great production values but I don't do the whole 'spend 3 minutes rapping about how good I am at the game' thing that seems to be all over Youtube.

Wasn't trying to diminish the value of your work but the lyrics were a bit dry compared to the video you made. While I'm not a rap person I enjoyed more the cheap jokes from Jace. Dunno I think they just fit more with what the game is.

Cenequus:

Wasn't trying to diminish the value of your work but the lyrics were a bit dry compared to the video you made. While I'm not a rap person I enjoyed more the cheap jokes from Jace. Dunno I think they just fit more with what the game is.

Perfectly understandable dude, it just ain't my style :)

Great song, but the game really does look absolutely awful. In fact the song was SO good I was able to FINISH the video despite the game play.

Grahav:
Kung Lao's fatality made me cringe. Then I saw Noob's...

Noob's fatality "Make A Wish" is by far my favorite fatality.

I mean honestly he already makes me jealous because his shadow is his greatest ally.

darkcommanderq:
Great song, but the game really does look absolutely awful. In fact the song was SO good I was able to FINISH the video despite the game play.

....Must...resist...mortal kombat nerd rage...
Honestly you should really give the game a chance. This new Mortal Kombat stuck to its roots and incorporated what made MK 1-3 so damn great.

At least give it a chance or rent it. Trust me there's always at least something that you'll find fun about this game.

P.S. Never play a fighting game online for first impressions. Play with a friend if you want the funnest experience. Online really takes away from the effect.

Madara XIII:

darkcommanderq:

Honestly you should really give the game a chance. This new Mortal Kombat stuck to its roots and incorporated what made MK 1-3 so damn great.

At least give it a chance or rent it. Trust me there's always at least something that you'll find fun about this game.

P.S. Never play a fighting game online for first impressions. Play with a friend if you want the funnest experience. Online really takes away from the effect.

I am a soul cal fan. The footage I saw of that new mortal combat game just looks awful.
1st off I wont give it a chance because I dont have an xbox to play it on. (ne more)
2nd off It just looks horrible. Close up bone breaking? Really now.... Its cool the 1st time you see it, then it just becomes fan service.

darkcommanderq:

Madara XIII:

darkcommanderq:

I am a soul cal fan. The footage I saw of that new mortal combat game just looks awful.
1st off I wont give it a chance because I dont have an xbox to play it on. (ne more)
2nd off It just looks horrible. Close up bone breaking? Really now.... Its cool the 1st time you see it, then it just becomes fan service.

You have a point, but excessive gore with no weight to it has always and I mean always been appropriate for Mortal Kombat. While I'm a HUGE fighting game fan, (BlazBlue, Mortal Kombat, Marvel vs. Capcom, Soul Calibur, Street Fighter, Primal Rage, you name it) I can see where you're coming from, but I think it might be due to the fact that every Mortal Kombat game needs to serve its fans with ridiculous amounts of brutal gore. Kinda like how BlazBlue lets its players use the EXTREMELY UNNECESSARY ASTRAL FINISHES. It's just how it is.

But yeah it's more of a love or hate type of game. I'm not gonna judge you for it.

I love this tune. It gives off a bit of an oriental beat with a modern techno back plating that sounds very good together.

Sorry mate, first song that you've made that I thought blew chunks. Strange as the Batman one you just made was on loop for several days.

This song seems lazy. It seems to rely on the visuals more than the lyrics to a higher degree than any other song that they have made before.

KefkaCultist:

Irridium:

Toasty like.

Speaking of which, is this in the game at all?

Yep, he appears at the bottom corner of the screen every so often.

He appears at random when you uppercut people. He's only in Mortal Kombat II, Mortal Kombat III, Ultimate Mortal Kombat III, and Mortal Kombat 9.
OT: Great song, but while Kung Lao's fatality is pretty cringe worthy, it's a rare occasion that anyone can beat me with Kung Lao. I usually pick Scorpion, who has been my favorite since MK2. Naturally (and not since he is pretty overpowered in MK9), due to how long I've been playing as the character, I've gotten very good with him. Then, you can expect this:

Good song really, must have listened to it about 30 times now. Makes me want to go get mortal kombat. Haven't played it since the original and I did really enjoy that one.

Kuilui:
Good song really, must have listened to it about 30 times now. Makes me want to go get mortal kombat. Haven't played it since the original and I did really enjoy that one.

30 times? Awesome! :D

It's well worth a purchase by the way, especially if, like me, you've a bunch of ageing buddies who liked the old originals.

Man, I hate getting punched in the wang.

Pretty weak.

Didn't really like the song. The music just didn't seem inspired, but at least it changed ideas instead of just sailing onward monotonously. If you had perhaps taken the last third of the music and made it a consistent element in the song then progressed off of that, then I think it might have been better and much more memorable. Otherwise, this song just sounds dull.[1].

[1] Except for that last third of the song. That at least sounded intriguing.

[The]Rock:

MiracleOfSound:
Very soon!

Not soon enough.

I suggest you go have a look at this week's song ;)

InsomniJack:
Didn't really like the song. The music just didn't seem inspired, but at least it changed ideas instead of just sailing onward monotonously. If you had perhaps taken the last third of the music and made it a consistent element in the song then progressed off of that, then I think it might have been better and much more memorable. Otherwise, this song just sounds dull.[1].

Strange one, this song. People seem to either love it or hate it. I can see that the dance/techno vibe wouldn't be for everyone, it's been noted.

[1] Except for that last third of the song. That at least sounded intriguing.

Its alright, but I can't be the only person to think that this is the worst song Gavin's given us. It just comes of as uninspired compared to everything else he's done.

Mikodite:
Its alright, but I can't be the only person to think that this is the worst song Gavin's given us. It just comes of as uninspired compared to everything else he's done.

I do my best with each song, it's hard for me to look at them objectively so there's gonna be some that people don't enjoy as much! Just part of the way it goes when doing different genres I guess.

After going through your songs again, I'm still calling this my favorite. Come on mate, blow me away again :D

HankMan:

MiracleOfSound:

Get over here and grab yourself a beer. It's a Mortal Kombat party.

Your next Round is on me Miracle.

Wow.

Amazing, really. I... I just don't what to say.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here