Name Game: Polygon With a Thousand Faces

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Polygon With a Thousand Faces

Don't forget your handy dandy notebook.

Read Full Article

This is what I thought throughout the entire game.

also suits are awesome.

Okay, that final picture made me laugh. Nice one.
Also, this makes me want to play the game even more...

I have a feeling that 4chan would be a veritable nightmare for Mr. Phelps.
Nicely done, and I agree entirely with the Jack-Three-piece Suit comment. Maybe Rockstar sponsored their Gamestop, and now they all have to dress up?

What's Cole Phelps' favorite magic comedy duo? Penn and Teller
U mad bro?

I really enjoy L.A.Noire and also I agree that Jack looks good in a three piece suit. I vote for Suit Saturdays.

hahaha awesome. I'm looking forward to gettign Noire haven't had the money to set aside for it yet. Looking good in the suits.

Good idea incoming....
...Poker game + the super LA Noire faces + Kinect.
Link the players facial expression to the on-screen character! It would take a while to get the Kinect up to that level, I think, what with being only 1 camera and all, but it could be really good fun.
Also, I'd just love to pull silly faces and see it on an LA Noire character!

Nice.

Final panel made me laugh and I didn't see it coming

fantastic!
and the last panel has made my Thursday!

Leels:

Don't forget your handy dandy notebook.

nice blue clue's reference!
this also contributes to making my Thursday.

I definitely lol'd a little.

I'm a sucker for the troll face!

I LOVE Jack's suit, So baddass looking. If you ever have to draw jack in a suit use this one as a reference.

Problem Detective Phelps? U mad bro?

Funny stuff.

THEJORRRG:
Good idea incoming....
Link the players facial expression to the on-screen character! It would take a while to get the Kinect up to that level, I think, what with being only 1 camera and all, but it could be really good fun.

They'd need to pull some serious technological upgrades to the kinect or have some godly software. They used a ton of cameras and very specific lighting(down to wearing an orange shirt when doing lines) to get what they did. If they can somehow get this over to the kinect that'd be amazing.

That would be a neat thing to see though, facial expressions through kinect would be something that'd make it worth using in games. Mass Effect would be far more entertaining if I could have Shepard making stupid faces throughout a conversation.

whats the tell? Whats the Tell!?

OT: very funny.

That last picture made me laugh quite a bit. I still have to play L.A. Noire though. I can't wait to buy it.

Problem? Officer?

Art deco was out of fashion by 1947

Symbio Joe:
Problem? Officer?

Haha! The strip combined with this post has me in stitches - easily amused, maybe!

Nice one.
Are the expressions really THAT obvious?

I feel like LA Noire is a great proof of concept and a cool step forward for the point and click adventure genre. Also, it will age horribly... like PS1 ageing.

They were actors, of course, so it was very obvious; how would you do if someone told you to look like you're lying?
I laughed out loud, didn't see the trollface coming. :3

This is easily the best Name Game to date. Totally surprised, and happy with the result.

Owlslayer:
Okay, that final picture made me laugh. Nice one.
Also, this makes me want to play the game even more...

Same XD

I just couldn't keep a straight face mostly because it was true

Laughed so hard! And your notebook comment in the forums added to the hilarity. I love you guys so much that was hilarious!

HankMan:
U mad bro?

I was, but your puns always put a smile on my face...

*Edit*

I apologize if this is a double post, my internet wants to be a dick and 404'd me when I post before.

WanderingFool:

HankMan:
U mad bro?

I was, but your puns always put a smile on my face...

*Edit*

I apologize if this is a double post, my internet wants to be a dick and 404'd me when I post before.

Is cool bro, no double post.
You have my sympathy with de internets. I can barely get any bandwidth to myself here at home.

Hehe. The last panel cracked me up good.

And are the facial animations really that obvious?

He's lying. Book him.

God, that troll face always put a smile on my face.

XD

Ah, that's an awesome idea!

Funny comic, and I'm really looking forward to picking up the game. I think I'll have to wear my suit and trilby while playing it. Or, rather, it'll give me an excuse to do so.

awesome :p makes me wanna wear a 3-piece around and be like "this IS the current fashion. didn't you get the memo?"

Oh, my god. That was spot on xD

runnernda:
I really enjoy L.A.Noire and also I agree that Jack looks good in a three piece suit. I vote for Suit Saturdays.

Everyone looks good in a suit! Suits for everyone! I demand it!

Oh! And some stylish hats.

Scizophrenic Llama:
Problem Detective Phelps? U mad bro?

Funny stuff.

THEJORRRG:
Good idea incoming....

They'd need to pull some serious technological upgrades to the kinect or have some godly software. They used a ton of cameras and very specific lighting(down to wearing an orange shirt when doing lines) to get what they did. If they can somehow get this over to the kinect that'd be amazing.

That would be a neat thing to see though, facial expressions through kinect would be something that'd make it worth using in games. Mass Effect would be far more entertaining if I could have Shepard making stupid faces throughout a conversation.

Why not simply live stream the video with the other player, like webcams. Its poker, it isnt going to break imersion because there isnt any.

Imagine them all going out to a retro club. Suits for the guys, and a hot little number for the little lady, complete with a hat and veil...

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here