Trailers: Age of Empires Online: You Rule

Age of Empires Online: You Rule

Preside over epic battles between civilizations in Age of Empires Online.

Watch Video

New cartoon style = no.

Also i understand that it's nonviolent to appeal as a trailer, but i don't think age of empires should be sold as a nonviolent RTS. because that's almost blatant false advertising.

Those are the cutest hoplites I've ever seen.

Oh look, an entirely prerendered cut scene that tells us absolutely nothing about the game. I better go adjust my clocks, since apparently I've woken up in 1997

Great way to ruin the already pathetic series. Ugh, it's like the ending of The Village.
~Going to play AOE 2~

I got into the beta to give it a shot (as I think it looks like crap) but they're using games for windows and for some reason I need parental approval to play it (I'm twenty years old and in college, and played the shit out of AoE 1 and 2. Hell, I started playing AoE online when I was ten... I think I can handle a cartoony version of the game now). Since it's beta they don't exactly run tech support for it so yeah...

Not looking so great.

I rather liked how he cut the man's basket of red fruits, sending it them flying, making it look like blood. I thought that was pretty cool.

Still not even remotely interested in playing this though.

This looks more like Kung-fu Panda than Age of Empires! And this doesn't even have Jack Black!

Ahhhh, I see what they did there. Nice 300 parody you guys pulled off there.

As for the game itself, I must say that I like the look of it. Graphics aside, it seems to work like the Age of Empires we all know.

HankMan:
This looks more like Kung-fu Panda than Age of Empires! And this doesn't even have Jack Black!

Tsk, lacks a pun bro.

Cowabungaa:
Ahhhh, I see what they did there. Nice 300 parody you guys pulled off there.

As for the game itself, I must say that I like the look of it. Graphics aside, it seems to work like the Age of Empires we all know.

HankMan:

Tsk, lacks a pun bro.

I kinda figured the trailer was already enough of a joke :P

Hey, look at the new Team Fortress 2 mod

... not team fortress 2? Sure looks like it.

Oh those wacky spartans!

...so, dressing up Age of Empires to look like Farmville, thus bringing in the casual gamer crowd.... then you ease them into something a little more meaty like, I dunno, Master of Orion Online... and while the existing gaming community is throwing apoplectic fits, you're grooming the casual gamer crowd into the new core gamer crowd, thus bringing in a completely fresh audience without the preconceptions of the existing customer base, AND they're substantially bigger, thus giving you a sudden surge of income for your higher-quality game lines.

It's genius I say, GENIUS!

Well, that wasn't very informative.

Looks like a battle between a player that payed real money vs a player that didn't pay

Another series having its name smeared by budget game development companies.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here