Trailers: Aliens: Colonial Marines: E3 2011

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Aliens: Colonial Marines: E3 2011

Ripley is missing and the colonial marines must travel to the U.S.S. Sulaco to find her.

Watch Video

Well that was boring. I always find the trailers for games from the Alien franchise hilarious.

"What? What do you mean there's a 'xenomorph' on the ship! I have now idea what one of those things are, let alone how to defeat such an unknown creature!"

The scary thing about the xenomorphs was how litte we knew about them. The first 2 Alien films were great in that the market wasn't saturated with it.

They can't really surprise us with anything anymore, unless they suddenly start talking with an English accent and wear a top hat and monicle.

"I say, you there! Human. Would be so kind as to let me latch onto your face? It's just that I would very much like to place an embryo inside you that will eventually erupt from your chest cavity."

Which would be totally awesome...

I want to believe that this one will be good. I've liked Gearbox's stuff thus far (jury's still out on Nukem). We need a good Aliens game.

Daystar Clarion:
Well that was boring. I always find the trailers for games from the Alien franchise hilarious.

"What? What do you mean there's a 'xenomorph' on the ship! I have now idea what one of those things are, let alone how to defeat such an unknown creature!"

The scary thing about the xenomorphs was how litte we knew about them. The first 2 Alien films were great in that the market wasn't saturated with it.

They can't really surprise us with anything anymore, unless they suddenly start talking with an English accent and wear a top hat and monicle.

"I say, you there! Human. Would be so kind as to let me latch onto your face? It's just that I would very much like to place an embryo inside you that will eventually erupt from your chest cavity."

Which would be totally awesome...

Pfft silly Alien. Waste all that time talking just to get your head blown off :D

Well now, this looks interesting. Admittedly it doesn't tell us much, but I still want to see where they're gonna take this.

I'm interested, but cautiously so.

Looks good...ish. Can't tell how it'll go with that little, but the trailer's emphasis on a more horror route seems good.

I'm interested to see where the story goes; gameplay-wise, I don't imagine there's all that much a new Aliens game can bring to the table. That said, I am a wh*re for the franchise, and will definitely be grabbing it.

I'm glad this one is still alive, but they better capture the horror elements that make the xenomorphs alien. They still have to be the most fascinating and horrifying creations of sexual art to date.

Did anyone like AVP2 as much as I did.

I believe Balancing 3 very different character Class and having that worked additively well in multiplayer and campaign, is worth recognizing. But I haven't enjoyed any games voice acting and cut scenes more than I did for AVP 2. They were not anything amazing, buy todays standards they look pathetic, but they weren't over done there was a simple sincerity to every character. THey were not trying to impress me with overly dramatic emotions, or characterization, or macho grunting. IT was proud to be a game. They told an interesting story, with interesting characters. Was anyone else so easily seduced by this game, or am I just overly forgiving because of the subject matter.

The voice acting the trailer was trying way to hard to make me care. I want to care I want to play a new Alien game. Just make a good game, and I will buy it. Why is this so hard for companies to figure out.

Please be good please be good please be good please be good please be good...

Oh god, just let it die. It was nice while it lasted, but just let the franchise go with what dignity it has left.

I want to like it but I just don't see how it will be any good. Not only has the concept behind "alien" been explored but also the one of space marines has been extremely overdone. Honestly as much as I hope it will be good I know that it won't. And that breaks my heart.

I'll be keeping a tag on this game and deciding closer to launch how much I'm invested in this.

I fucking love the Alien movies (well, except Resurrection, which was still okay I guess) but until I see further gameplay footage I'll wait to have an idea about it.

Is Gearbox the company that picks up leftovers now? Oh, that's not a bad thing.

why the hell does everyone forget about hicks? he was alive at the end of aliens but they just killed him off in the crash in aliens 3

Ok a couple gameplay requirements is needed to embrace about this aliens game to drudge it out of it's boring rut it created. First the aliens need to be well, viscous, and by all means hunt in packs like they show in movies. Cause again even though they are aliens they act like hunters seeking for a prize and the best way they can do that is that they hunt in packs and be sneaky and quick about it. Also the environment of the game needs to be dark. Not a brightly lit up room, no a room where you will need a flash light that barely lights anything up. Again if they go with the hunting in packs thing, they need a couple of fear factors like, yeah an alien is located over there but a shit load can be surrounding you looking for a weak spot. If the gameplay consists of team play like it's hinted in the trailer, allow the aliens to hit you hard in numbers and as team members start to deminish, the aliens become crafty with the surroundings to trip you up.

Worgen:
why the hell does everyone forget about hicks? he was alive at the end of aliens but they just killed him off in the crash in aliens 3

Word.

OT: With Gearbox at the controls I think I'm in the box 5 x 5 on looking forward to this release, though I am kinda a softy for this franchise in general. Good memories of my dad introducing me to the horror aspect of science fiction with the original Alien.

A videogame sequel to Aliens, the best part of the entire series in my opinion? Sounds great on paper!
Let's hope they don't make too many mistakes or ignore most of the background story.
With stuff like this, they mostly screw it up. Mostly.

I'll be watching this game eagerly from behind the protection of my skepticism-glass.

Give it to Monolith and it's guaranteed to make you shit your pants out of awesome and fear. With Gearbox possibly ruining DNF, I'm going to be cautious about this one.

TimeComando:
Did anyone like AVP2 as much as I did.

Best goddamn AVP game. Funny because I only played that one.

What? Hadley's Hope still has aliens in it?
But they detonated the terraforming thing, the entire colony and everything surrounding was obliterated, not to mention they killed the queen and torched the eggs personally. How the hell are there any Aliens still alive there?

I mean, I'm all for saying Alien 3 didn't exist, but this is just invalidating Aliens in a different way.

I have only one question.

Can I play as the xenomorph? Because if the answer to that is 'no', then I may as well play any other shooter where I kill some kind of alien.

The entire appeal of AvP is to play as either xenomorph or Predator.

Please be good!! The motion tracker sound always gets me wet.

Well.... as long as more people play it than played AvP and there's coop like originally promised I'll be a happy man.

Maybe left 4 dead style marines V aliens MP?

What a horrid trailer. A little context aside from exposition would be nice.

Nouw:
With Gearbox possibly ruining DNF

Or, rather, with DNF possibly being unsalvageable after all that time 3DRealms spent flinging poo all over the office...

PurePareidolia:
But they detonated the terraforming thing, the entire colony and everything surrounding was obliterated, not to mention they killed the queen and torched the eggs personally. How the hell are there any Aliens still alive there?

I mean, I'm all for saying Alien 3 didn't exist, but this is just invalidating Aliens in a different way.

Colonial Marines recognizes Alien 3. Resurrection is the only movie in the main series that goes ignored, and we should all be thankful for that.

Now, unless I remember incorrectly, the explosion was caused by an overheating atmosphere processor. I would guess that the explosion itself was largely from superheated processed hydrogen and other gasses produced by the facility. It'd be hot and fiery, but chances are that there would be surviving buildings, and if there was a sewer system or some other sort of underground tunnels there's also a distinct possibility that Xenomorphs could have survived down there.

We'll see how it's handled, though. I'm staying positive, since CM seems to be a lot closer to my ideal Aliens game than any of the others have been. I'm talking co-op campaign mode, with a small group of soldiers working together to survive.

PurePareidolia:

Well the ship the Xenomorphs originated from in Alien is still on that planet (Acheron (LV-426)) so it is not so much of a stretch to have them return.

Seriously... hope that's not the plot of the game, if it is it's retarded... The queen have been what 10 minutes on that ship no time to lay lot's of eggs... and how much life form was ont hat ship except for the survivors of Alien Return... who all died betwen Aliens 2 and 3 (newt And Hikes) with the exception of Riplay... dont leave much of an invasion of Alien here

Why computers in game cutscenes/films/absically-everywhere-except-in-reality are so noisy ? A beep for every character on screen, seriously who can work with something like that ?

I don't like the gravelly voiced marines yet. But I'm a massive alien fanboy.

Something else on my preorder list baby

I really hope that this is a good game. Aliens is probably my favorite movie.

I fear, however, that this will turn out to be a mediocre Dead Space knock off.

saruman31:
Please be good!! The motion tracker sound always gets me wet.

Might need to get that checked out...but just because i'm an evil bastard...

OT: The last game was average, but got boring quite easily, lets hope this game is what the franchise needs.

Also...make it scary, the only part i jumped at the last game was the light bursting right at the start of the Human mission.

It's always a shame that they felt the need not to ruin just Aliens or Predator, but to ruin them both in the same time, and continue to piss on their graves. The people who invented the concept, writers at Dark Horse comics some twenty years ago, at least attempted to create a believable and still very horrific world that could fit both the Aliens and the Predators together. I suppose the AvP PC games have somewhat fit that mold, though I gave up caring.

Part of the entire point of both franchises was to show that we high and mighty humans have no idea what sorts of horrors lurk among the stars, with Alien being about us going out and encountering them, and Predator about it coming to find us. The Xenomorphs tenacity and numbers outmatch our technology and supposedly superior intellect, while the Predators are so much further advanced than we are that we're nothing more than the inhabitants of a game preserve for them.

But no, let's just toss all that aside, make up some ridiculous ancient astronaut story about us being raised by the Predators all along, and have the Xenomorphs already be on Earth. Yeah.

I have to admit, that since I passed over the AVP game from a year or so ago- this really got my nerd senses tingling. Weyland Yutani Corp computer- mention of the Sulaco and objectives to 'recon LV-426' just got me really excited.

Games from the franchise have always disappointed me, though- so I'll reserve final judgement for the final product. I just think that Aliens is as close as you can come to a perfect movie, at least when it comes to entertainment and thrills. That and Gearbox has been on a roll recently...

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here